Are you looking for a convenient way to selectively restore your iPhone data? Are you searching on Google and can’t find any free and useful tips on how to do this? Luckily for you, this article will tell you what you need to know about selectively restoring your iPhone data. First, though, we will explain the ins and outs of a great third-party application that can make the process much easier compared to using Apple’s official tools. Once you’ve learned the secret of using iMyFone D-Port Pro, you may not want to go back to the old way.
The Tool You Need to Selectively Restore iPhone – iMyFone D-Port Pro
What is iMyFone D-Port Pro? It is a simple, yet powerful application that can be used to back up and restore your iPhone data. Most importantly, you have completely control over the backup. You can selectively export and back up your data as well as selectively restore it, so that you’re not wasting your time transferring data that you don’t need to restore. It’s also very easy to use and often the backup process only requires a click or two.
Great Features of iMyFone D-Port Pro:
- You don’t have to be a tech expert to use it. The interface is so simple, even your grandmother could back up and restore her iPhone data.
- You won’t lose other data on your device. The application works in read-only mode so there’s no risk of losing or damaging other files on your iOS device.
- It supports most iOS devices and iOS version. If you use a modern iPad, iPod touch, or iPhone running iOS 7/8/9/10, then you can restore your information with iMyFone D-Port Pro.
- It offers free trial version. The free trial version which can preview data in old backups and back up existing data on device is offered for Windows and Mac users.
Tip 1. How to Selectively Restore iPhone From iTunes Backup
Now, how do you restore your data selectively after you have backed it up to iTunes? Here is how to do it with iMyFone D-Port Pro:
1. Connect your device to your computer and launch D-Port Pro.
2. Click "Restore Backup Data" tab.
3. View all the previous backup files and select the iTunes backup you need to selectively restore and then click "Next".
4. Select "Preview and Selectively Restore" button and then select the data types you want to restore.
5. Then the program will scan the data in the iTunes backup. After scanning, you can now selectively choose what data you want to restore. Do this, then click "Restore to Device."
After a while, the restore process will be finished and you have restored the data you need from the iTunes backup to your iPhone.
Tip 2. How to Selectively Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
In this case, the process is similar to above. Once iMyFone D-Port Pro is downloaded and installed on your computer, you follow these steps:
1. Plug your device into your PC or Mac. Open D-Port Pro and click where it says "Restore Backup Data."
2. Check the previous backup files and choose one iCloud backup and click next. If your iCloud backup is not here, log in your iCloud account to download it.
3. Pick which data you want to restore. Click "Next" to scan it.
4. Wait for the data to load, and then pick what specific things you want to restore. They should be listed on the screen.
5. Click "Restore to Device" and iMyFone D-Port will take several minutes to restore the data you need to your iPhone.
As you can see, the best method for selectively restoring your iPhone data is using iMyFone D-Port Pro. Not only is it more powerful than Apple’s own backup and restore tools, but it is easy to use and you can selectively choose which files you want to back up and restore. Download it and give the free trial a try.