When moving data from old iPhone to new iPhone or in situations when you simply want to restore data from iCloud, sometimes a restore problem may happen. Many Apple users have experienced days of frustration with the restoration and seeing the message: "This iPhone is currently being restored and will automatically back up when it is done". For days users are seeing the same message not knowing what to do.
seeing the same message not knowing what to do.
If you are frustrated by this problem with iCloud, don't be any more. To save you from frustration, today we will offer two solutions that will help you bypass this and avoid your iPhone getting stuck in the iCloud restore. Besides, an additional tip that will also be of great help when restoring your iCloud data is offered.
1. Stop iCloud Restore in Progress Directly on iPhone
When you start the restore, note that you need to wait for a few hours. However, if you are getting stuck in restore for more than 24~72 hours, then it's time to stop it. You can do that directly on your iPhone and generally you will not lose data just stop the process. Here is how to do it.
1. Go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud Backup.
2. Simply tap “Stop Restoring iPhone” and then choose “Stop” from the next pop-up.
2. Force Restart Your iPhone to Stop iCloud Restore
Now, sometimes the first method simply doesn’t work and the iPhone may still stay stuck in the iCloud Restore process. Forcing a boot without Internet connection to your iPhone is another method that will surely stop the problem. How to force a boot? Follow the process below:
1. Just turn off the iPhone by holding the Home button and the Power button in the same time for at least 10 seconds.
2. After your iPhone is turned on, you can go to the page of restoring iPhone to see whether the restoring has been stopped.
3. Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup without Risk
You may have solve the issue that iPhone is always stuck in "This iPhone Is Currently Being Restored", however, it is pretty annoying to handle such-and-such issues when restoring. The third party software like iMyFone D-Port Pro can be really helpful. As one of the very best data management software for iPhone, this software is proved to be a life-saver in many cases.
- Users can restore their iCloud backups without any risk of getting stuck.
- Selectively restore data in iCloud Backup and avoid parts that you don't need.
- It can also selectively restore data in iTunes backups. For example, you can restore only WhatsApp data from iTunes backup.
- It can make separate backups for iPhone 8/iPhone X and restore them from different backups.
Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone without Backup
With iMyFone D-Port Pro, you can quickly download & restore the iCloud Backup. Follow the steps:
Step 1. Run the program and click "Restore Backup to Device". Click "Download iCloud Backup" under the backups list.
Step 2. You need to log in your iCloud account first. Then this iPhone backup and restore tool will show you all the iCloud backups in this account. Choose the one you want to restore.
Step 3. Choose the data you want to restore from this iCloud backup. After selecting, go to next to download and preview the data you want to restore.
Step 4. Then you can just check the data and click Restore to finish the final restoring.
Tada! Your iCloud backup has been restored on your iPhone without any problems, fast and easily. On top of that the software restores app data too, meaning your WhatsApp, WeChat contacts and other data will still be there.
Many users may encounter the frustrating problem that their iPhone is stuck in restoring. As you may see using methods that are only related to Apple may not work completely. The good thing is that there is always iPhone related software that can be of great help. In this case it is iMyFone D-Port Pro, who also happens to offer additional amazing backup & restore features. Download the trial version to enjoy its excellent free features!