The news of the latest iOS update is always exciting. When it unveils and you have the urge to experience the nest of new features. However, while starting the installation of iOS 13.3/13/12, some people may find iOS 13/12 update on their iPhones will get stuck on preparing the update.
FAQ: How Long Should iOS Preparing Update Take?
Generally, it takes about 10-30 minutes to go through the preparing update process.
It is really annoying since the device won't stop the preparing process itself, and you are confused about how you can update your iPhone to iOS 13.3/13/12.
Well, you needn't worry anymore. We've come up with some good tips that will surely help you in pulling out of the problem of iOS 13.3/13/12 update stuck on preparing update.
There are five top solutions to help you fix iPhone/iPad stuck on preparing updates. Maybe you are not sure which one to choose, so we will compare them by listing all the functions you care about most.
|When You Should Choose||Success Rate||Difficulty||Required Time|
|Force Quit Settings||Encounter settings issues||Low||Easy||Short|
|Delete iOS Update||Encounter update file issues||Low||Easy||Short|
|Check Network Settings||Encounter network setting issues||Low||Easy||Short|
|Force Restart iPhone||Encounter a few software issues||Medium||Easy||Short|
|iMyFone Fixppo||Encounter all system/software issues||100%||Easy||Short|
1. Force Quit Settings App
There are times when the Settings App is not working properly in the background which is hampering the smooth functioning of iOS 13/12 update. If that is the case, try force-quitting Settings app to resolve the issue of iOS 13/12 update being stuck on preparing update.
To do that, you need to double click on the home button and the screen will show up the apps that are running in the background. Find the 'Settings' app out of them and then simply swipe it up.
If your iPad is with iOS 12 and later or iPadOS, from the Home screen, you need to swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of your iPad screen. Then find the Settings app and swipe up on the Settings app's preview to close it.
2. Delete iOS 13.3/13/12 Update
If you are hung during the iOS 13/12 update and the progress won't pass "Preparing Update", you can try to delete the iOS 13/12 firmware that has been downloaded and then restart the downloading and installing process. Here are the steps to delete iOS 13/12 update.
- You need to go to the iPhone 'Settings' and then head on to the 'General' option.
- From the General menu, select the 'Storage & iCloud Usage' option and then tap on 'Manage Storage'.
- You will be able to view all the apps that are downloaded in your iPhone along with the latest firmware update. You need to tap on the 'iOS 13' or 'iOS 12' entry now.
- Once you tap on it, press 'Delete Update' from the next screen and confirm your actions.
3. Check Network Connection
You must ensure whichever network you are connected to, must be a stable network connection. You can also switch to a more stable WiFi connection, if available. Just in case it doesn't work out, try resetting the network settings of your iPhone. Here's how to do it.
- Get into the 'Settings' app, tap on the 'General' tab. Scroll down to the 'Reset' option and then tap on it.
- Lastly, hit on the 'Reset Networking Settings' option afterward and confirm your actions. Please note that your wifi password will be erased after resetting.
4. Force Restart iPhone That Stuck on Preparing Update
You can also try to perform a hard reboot on your iPhone. It is the easiest way to resolve stuck issues including the iOS 13.3/13/12 update stuck on preparing updates.
For iPhone 6 or below:
To force restart on your iPhone 6 or lower models, you must hold the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" buttons simultaneously. If the apple logo comes up on your screen, you may release the hold of the tabs.
For iPhone 7 Series:
If you are using the iPhone 7 series, you can force the restart by simultaneously pressing the "Sleep/Wake" and "Volume Down" button nearly for 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears on the screen, which means your phone has undergone the force restart mode.
If your iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR and 11:
If you own the latest versions of the iPhone (8/8 Plus/X/XS/XS Max/XR/11), there may be a slight change in force restarting your device. You need to press and then release the 'Volume Up' button quickly. Repeat this with the 'Volume Down' button and press down the 'Power' button until the Apple logo appears.
5. Fix iOS 13.3/13/12 Preparing Update Stuck Issue without Data Loss
If you the iOS 13.3/13/12 update is stuck on preparing update, you should seek the help of a reliable tool to save you from the problem cropping up on your iPhone. iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery has been proved to be a savior in your hours of stress induced by the failure of iOS 13.3/13/12 update on your iPhone.
- Fixppo is a professional repairing tool which will help fix the iOS 13/13.3//12 update stuck on preparing update issue and all other iOS-related issues with a 100% success rate.
- You are able to fix the preparing iPhone for software update stuck issue without data loss.
- This program works perfectly with all iOS devices and iOS versions including iPhone 8/X/XS/XR/XS Max/11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, and iOS 13.3/13/12.
- It has been trusted by a lot of media sites around the world.
Let's uncover the step by step tutorial now. You need to download the iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery software and launch it.
Step 1 – Hit on the 'Standard Mode' option and then you need to establish a connection between your PC and iOS device via a USB Cable. If your iPhone or iPad cannot be recognized, just set your device into the DFU/recovery mode by following the steps appearing on the iMyFone Fixppo's interface.
Step 2 – After successfully enabling DFU Mode, your device, its information, and the latest compatible iOS firmware will automatically be detected by the software. Hit 'Download' to proceed.
Step 3 – Lastly, hit on the 'Start' button and the program will automatically fix the issue of iOS 13.3/13/12 update stuck on preparing update along with all iOS issues prevailing on your iOS device.
Many other users have tried this program and sent positive feedback to us, so you can download it after checking it.