Running into problems with your iPod Touch? You might click on music and refused to open up, or it might just be that you could not download some media from the computer to the iPod Touch. Whatever the reason, you might need to reset iPod touch so that you keep enjoying it. If you want to reset your iPod without iTunes, what steps should you take? Let us look at the methods below.
Reset a iPod Touch without iTunes
Method 1: Reset iPod Touch Mannually
If you want to restore your iPod touch without iTunes, simply hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons down for about 10 seconds. Keep holding it down until the iPod touch shuts off and begins to restart. Once you see the Apple logo, release the buttons. It is simple as that.
The method above will definitely reset your iPod, and it is possible to recover your music and other contents through back up.
Method 2: Reset iPod Touch with Reset Tool
There are times when you want to reset your iPod touch and delete your music and other contents permanently from your iPod for privacy protection or other issues. How can you do this? The only and best way to do that is to use iMyFone Umate Pro to erase your iPod data permanently. Umate pro is the software that helps to erase iOS data permanently, the erased data won't be recovered by any data recovery tool.
- 1-Click Cleanup: This offers you options to clear up junk & temporary files, app caches, compress photos, mass delete photos/videos. 1-Click Cleanup will free up your iPod, and your device will perform at optimal level.
- Erase Deleted Files: This gives you the option to erase permanently the previously deleted files. Any content deleted with this mode cannot be recovered, even with latest recovery tools.
- Erase Private Data: This is another option you can use if you want to delete a particular file. This mode will destroy file you selected with 100% unrecoverable.
- Erase All Data: It helps to erase all data completely from your iPod, just like the iPod touch reset. This feature should be applied if you want to give the iPod out or sell it.
Steps to completely reset iPod Touch Data:
Step 1: Run the program and connect your iPod Touch.
Step 2: Choose the erase mode according to your need. For totally reset your iPod Touch, you should choose the "Erase All Data" mode.
Step 3: Click “Erase Now” to completely reset iPod Touch.
Method 3: Reset Disabled iPod Touch without Passcode
If your iPod Touch is disabled, there is another way to reset it. iMyFone LockWiper is an advanced passcode unlocker which helps you bypass screen lock easily and help you reset your iPod Touch.
key features of iMyFone LockWiper
- Bypass locked screen for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch without passcode.
- Unlock Apple ID without iCloud account and password.
- Support all screen locks like 4 digits or 6 digits passcode, face ID, Touch ID, etc.
- Compatible with all iOS devices and iOS versions including the latest iOS 12.
- Supports unlocking iDevices which are disabled, locked, or with a broken screen.
Steps to reset disabled iPod Touch with iMyFone LockWiper
Step 1: Download and launch iMyFone LockWiper on PC, choose "Unlock Screen Passcode" mode and click "Start".
Connect your iPod Touch to the computer.
Step 2: Click "Download" after confirming your device information.
Then extract the firmware to continue.
Step 3: Click “Start Unlock” and confirm to begin the unlocking process.
Kindly wait for your iPod Touch to unlock.
Then your iPod Touch will restart and it is resetted successfully.