There is no way to unlock a locked iOS device without wiping the owner's data, files and information. Since Apple Inc. started making mobile devices, wiping iPad and other iOS devices to factory settings before unlocking them has been their standard in safeguarding the privacy of iOS device users.
However, the method to use in wiping your iPhone to factory settings is your choice to make. No one should force you into using iTunes restore features or iCloud "Find My iPhone" feature in wiping iPad. Therefore, we shall be bringing your knowledge to more options for resetting a locked iPad to factory settings.
Free Download now to get the right tool for unlocking and wiping a locked iPad especially when the time is crucial.
4 Ways to Wipe a Locked iPad without Password
If it pleases you to wipe your locked iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings, then go through these options to choose the one that would serve you better.
- Method 1: How to Wipe Locked iPad without Any Password
- Method 2: How to Wipe A Locked iPad using iTunes
- Method 3: How to Wipe a Locked iPad with Apple ID
- Method 4: How to Wipe A Locked iPad in Recovery Mode
- Method 5: FAQs: All About Wipe Locked iPad
How to Wipe Locked iPad without Any Password
Best Tool to Wipe Locked iPad without Password - iMyFone LockWiper
iMyFone LockWiper iPad Unlock is the right tool for unlocking and wiping a locked iPad especially when the time is crucial. When faced with a critical situation that needs immediate unlock of your locked iPad, other iPad unlocking tools will delay for hours or days before unlocking your disabled iOS device, but LockWiper will give you immediate access to your iPad in 3 clicks.
Therefore, if you need to open your iPhone instantly, or have to utilize a locked iPhone in performing a critical task, you can use LockWiper to wipe a locked or disabled iPad without a passcode. Or even use it to remove Apple ID when you needed.
Benefit A Lot from LockWiper
- Easily and quickly wipe a locked iPad to factory settings without entering iPad password or iCloud passcodes.
- Promise 99% success rate even to wipe a second-hand iPad.
- Instantly remove iCloud account from your activated iPad without password.
- Help remove every lock type just in a few minutes, including 4-digit/6-digit password, Face ID and Touch ID.
- Support to unlock Apple ID without password on activated iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
- Also, assist in getting you back into disabled or broken screen iPhone/iPad.
- Bypasses MDM profile without passcode within few simple steps.
Here's the step-by-step process on how to wipe a locked iPad without passcode using iMyFone LockWiper.
Watch Video Tutorial to See How to Wipe Locked iPad without Passcode in 2020
Step 1. Download and install LockWiper on your PC or Mac. Launch it and click "Start" tab. Then, connect your iPad to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Using an USB cable to connect your device and click Next.
Step 3. Download your iPad's firmware package by clicking the "Download" button. When the download is completed, click "Start to Extract".
Step 4. After the extraction completed, click "Start Unlock", enter "000000" to re-confirm your request, and then click "Unlock".
How to Wipe A Locked iPad using iTunes
You can wipe your iPhone to factory settings to remove your passcode using iTunes. However, iTunes only works for those who have synced their iPad with iTunes in the past.
Step 1. Connect your device to the PC you used to sync your device.
Step 2. Open iTunes on your PC. If iTunes request for your passcode or that you trust the computer, try another computer you synced with, or directly try iMyFone LockWiper.
Step 3. Wait for iTunes to back up your iPad, and when the backup is complete, click "Restore iPad".
Step 4. When you get to the Set Up screen, click "Restore from iTunes Backup".
Step 5. Select your device in iTunes, and choose a relevant iTunes backup to restore your device by valuing the size and date of each backup.
How to Wipe a Locked iPad with Apple ID
You can wipe your locked iPad without passcode using iCloud's Find My iPad feature. This method takes too long to complete and only works for those who have enabled this feature on their iPhone before now. Besides, you need to ensure your iPhone is connected to the internet.
Step 1. Use your computer to log in to iCloud.com/find. Sign into the service using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2. Find and choose "Find iPhone".
Step 3. Click on the option "All Devices", if Find My iPad is enabled in your iPhone, your iPad will be showing on this page.
Step 4. Choose "Erase iPad" option to delete/wipe all the data on your iPad, and open your iPad. Afterward, iCloud will restore your iPad data.
How to Wipe A Locked iPad in Recovery Mode
If you've never synced your iPad on iTunes, then you can use Recovery mode to wipe your iPad. However, this service only works when Find My iPhone is not enabled on the iPad.
Step 1. Connect your iPad to your PC using a USB cable. Download, install and launch iTunes on your PC. If you don't have a PC, borrow from a friend.
Step 2. Force restart your iPad: Press and hold both the Home and Top (or Side) buttons simultaneously. Keep holding the two buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
Step 3. iTunes will give you 3 options: Cancel, Restore, or Update. Choose "Restore".
Step 4. Wait for the process to finish, then set up your iPad.
iMyFone LockWiper iPad Unlock remains the ultimate solution to wiping a locked iPad completely. Your iPad screen related issues will be permanently solved with LockWiper. Download this software now to unlock your iPhone.
FAQs: All About Wipe Locked iPad
1How do you wipe a locked iPad clean?
You ought to have enabled the "Find My iPhone" feature on your iPad before it got stuck. If so, you can wipe locked iPad from iCloud. Even though you can also get software to wipe locked iPad, let’s first focus how to perform it via iCloud.
- Visit iCloud.com site using another iOS device. Then sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Next, open the "Find My iPhone" option and click on the "All Devices". You’ll find a list of devices connected to your iCloud account here.
- Select your locked iPad, then click on the "Erase iPad" option. Your iPad will be wiped clean.
2Can you wipe a stolen iPad?
Yes. It is possible to wipe a stolen iPad. You can erase it in the "Find My iPhone" app on iCloud.com. However, it will only work if you enabled the Find My iPhone feature before your iPad was stolen.
- First, go to "icloud.com/find" and sign in "Find My iPhone". Application.
- Next, click on the "All Devices" option and select your stolen iPad. You will see a list of your registered devices.
- Once you select it, click the "Erase Device" option.
- Then enter your Apple ID password. A verification code may be sent to your other device if you are not using a trusted browser. Enter it when prompted. You may also be asked to answer your security questions. If it’s a trusted browser, just click "Trust" to skip the verification process.
- Your stolen iPad will then be wiped clean.
3How do I factory reset ipad without passcode or computer?
Using iTunes is one possible way how to wipe a locked iPad to factory settings without passcode.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect a lightning or USB cable to it. Leave the other end unplugged.
- Connect your iPad to the computer via the unplugged end of your cable as you hold the "Home" button. Ensure that you keep pressing the "Home" button while connecting it until you get an iTunes logo on your iPad screen.
- iTunes will automatically recognize your iPad once it is successfully connected. Click the "Restore" option when it displays this prompt. You will have wiped the locked iPad with iTunes.
4How do you reset a locked iPad without a computer?
Wipe locked iPad without a computer via iCloud Find My App. You will require another iDevice to receive an authentication code. Also, enable cellular or WiFi network connection on your iPad.
- First, open iCloud.com using another iDevice. Then enter your Apple ID and password to authenticate it.
- Tap on the "Find iPad" option on the iDevice. A list of your registered devices will be availed.
- Tap the "All Device" option and locate your iPad.
- Lastly, tap the "Erase iPad" option and then confirm the "Erase". Your locked iPad will be reset.
5How do I remove an activation lock without previous owner on iPad?
If your iPad is activation locked, it means that someone else’s iCloud account is still linked to it. You can use a professional iPhone Activation Lock Removal Software. This will bypass the "Find My iPhone" activation lock screen, without the previous owner’s password. However, if the previous owner can agree to de-activate his/her iPad from a web browser, just ask him to follow these steps.
- Go to a web browser and sign in to iCloud.com using the Apple ID.
- Then go to "Find iPhone".
- Click on "All Devices".
- Select the iPad you want to remove from iCloud account.
- Then click the "Erase Device" option and hit the "Next" button until it is erased.
- Lastly, click the "Remove from Account" option. Activation lock removed.
In conclusion, there are several methods you can use to wipe a locked iPad, depending on your specific situation. The easiest and most effective solution for bypassing the lock screen and wiping your iPad data is to use a third party tool like iMyFone LockWiper. LockWiper allows you to remove Apple ID or previously set passcodes without any hassle. It works on all iPad models and iOS versions.
With just a few clicks, LockWiper can help you factory reset your iPad and wipe it clean - even if you forgot the passcode or Apple ID credentials. It does this by putting the iPad into recovery mode and restoring it using iTunes. LockWiper is fast, safe, and 100% clean with no leftover data.
So if you ever find yourself locked out of your iPad, don't panic. Just use LockWiper to easily wipe and reset your device to factory settings. It's the best tool to help you bypass the lock screen and erase your iPad data, getting you back up and running quickly. Be sure to check out the video tutorial to see LockWiper in action.