“My iPhone 6s Plus keeps going to lock screen and asking for Touch ID or passcode. This lock screen fault keeps reoccurring, and I’ve tried troubleshooting the iPhone by restarting and force restarting it. The annoying thing about this issue is that I can’t get stuff done. Now, even to type a text message is a hard task because my iPhone randomly keeps going to the lock screen. Once I unlock the iPhone to continue with writing the text message, it reoccurs again. Please, help me with some tips on how to fix my iPhone and stop it from going to lock screen. " – Cheeky99
Reasons for “iPhone Keep Going to Lock Screen” Issue
It’s usually an annoying glitch when your iPhone keeps snapping back to PIN lock screen especially when you need to complete a process. You may have asked some question like “What causes iPhone keep going back to lock screen issue?” In response to this common question, we’ve outlined some of the possible causes of this problem.
- The reason for this problem is the majorly iOS version you are using. Updating or downgrading to the latest or earlier version of iOS have been reported to solve this issue.
- It can be due to corrupt iOS settings. You can reset all iOS settings and restart your iPhone to correct this error.
- If you used a software to unlock your secondhand iPhone, then this may be due to poor iPhone unlocking process. Using the right tool can solve this problem.
3 Simple Ways to Solve “iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen” Problem
The following are the basic solution to fix “iPhone keeps going to lock screen” issue. You can choose any of these solutions as a way to troubleshoot your iPhone.
1. Reboot Your iPhone
The following steps describe various ways to reboot different versions of iOS devices.
2. Reset all iPhone Settings
You can reset your iPhone iOS settings by following these steps:
3. Update to The Latest iOS Version
Updating your iOS to the latest version can help to solve ‘iPhone keeps going to lock screen” issue.
Step 1: Launch iPhone Settings app from your Home screen.
Step 2: Click “General > Software Update > Download and Install”.
Step 3: Enter your Apple ID passcode, tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions and then tap Agree again to Confirm.