Normally it is not so easy to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on. This simply means you forget the passcode to iPhone and you want to factory reset it but you have no Apple ID and “Find My iPhone” is enabled. If you had backed up before the need to factory reset, the data can be retrieved. Unfortunately if you had not backed up they will be gone.
There are simpler ways to reset your phone without necessarily having an Apple ID. You can follow the following methods to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on.
Easiest Way to Factory Reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on - iOS 14 Supported
The best method to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on is to use a software named iMyFone LockWiper. iMyFone LockWiper can reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on by removing the Apple ID. It’s an easy-to-use software with user friendly interface and powerful features, which makes it valuable and you must try it to reset your iPhone.
LockWiper Key Features - iOS 14 Supported:
- 1. Can be used to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on or bypass the passcode.
- 2. Users can easily remove Apple ID and delete iPhone from the old iCloud account.
- 3. Helps get full control of the iOS device after removing the Apple ID passcode.
- 4. Also helps remove screen time/restrictions passcode without data loss.
- 5. Anyone can use this software for screen unlocking even without any technical knowledge.
- 6. User-friendly, easy and reliable, with no hidden or technical things.
Below are the steps to use this software to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on.
Step 1. Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper in your Mac/PC. Choose the “Unlock Apple ID” option.
Step 2. Now connect your iOS device with PC and click on “Start to Unlock”.
Step 3. Go to "Settings > General > Reset All Settings" on your iPhone, then tap"Reset All Settings" again.
Step 4. Just in a few minutes, your iPhone will be reset successfully.
With only four simple steps, iMyFone LockWiper is not time consuming or tiresome like iTunes or other unlocking tools or services. It is a perfect idea to avail ourselves of this application to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on.
Factory Reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on via Remote Erase
Whenever you remotely erase a device for protection activation lock will remain on. For reactivation the previous Apple ID will be required.
Let’s discuss how we can do it:
- Step 1: Ask the previous owner to log in iCloud.com.
- Step 2: Click on “Find My iPhone” and click on “All Devices” option and select the device that needs to be erased.
- Step 3: In the device information window there is an option of erasing the device, click it!
- Step 4: Enter Apple ID and password. And then the erasing process will start which will delete all the data from iPhone and will reset it.
- 1. It does not guarantee data security that it won’t be recovered.
- 2. The activation lock will stay on for security reasons so that you will use the old credentials to reactivate your phone.
- 3. If you cannot contact the previous owner then you won’t be able to access your phone.
Factory Reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on Using iTunes
This is easily used when your phone was synchronized with iTunes. When you had previously backed up your data, you will be able to retrieve them after this process, but if you had not backed up your information, the data will all disappear.
- Step 1: First, connect iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. And then, launch iTunes on your computer, then put off the phone.
- Step 2: After that, press the home key button while also pressing the sleep button all at the same time and hold for at least 10 seconds until the screen shows the iTunes icon and the USB icon.
- Step 3: After ten second elapses, iTunes will detect an attempt made to get to recovery mode and will ask if you accept. Then there will be the options to “Cancel”, “Restore” or “Update”. Click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Step 4: Immediately, the process of restoring your phone will start. This takes less than 15 minutes to clear up all the data. Wait until the process completes. By doing this, all your data is permanently erased.
- 1. This process is tiresome. All the steps need to be followed clearly and keenly, the reset will not work and thus requires one to be really keen.
- 2. Often it happens that the process takes more than 15 minutes, and you should repeat step 2 and 3.
- 3. If your phone has not synced with iTunes before, you cannot make this process work as you need the screen passcode to access iTunes.
In conclusion, after going through different methods to factory reset iPhone with Find My iPhone on you may have noticed that which one is the best way. Because of its powerful features and easy-to-use steps, obviously using iMyFone LockWiper is the best method to factory reset iPhone. So why one should get in complex methods since iMyFone LockWiper is doing that work perfectly? Everyone must try iMyFone LockWiper.