Unlock iPhone Passcode Without Losing Data: Real Methods and Expert Solution
Category: Unlock iPhone
5 mins read
With the many passwords and passcodes we need to remember today, it's understandable to occasionally forget your iPhone passcode. If you've found yourself locked out of your iPhone, you're not alone. Many people search for ways to bypass or reset their iPhone passcode without losing data. The good news is, there are several methods you can use to unlock your iPhone if you've forgotten the passcode.
In this article, we'll discuss the top ways to regain access to your locked iPhone while not losing your data.
In this article:
Part 1: Real Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode without Losing Data
- Using iTunes (If You Have iTunes Backup)
- Using iCloud (If You Have iCloud Backup)
- Contact Apple Support (If You Don't Have Backup)
Part 2: Possible Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode without Losing Data
- Using Siri to Bypass Locked Screen
- Try to Backup without Unlocking Screen
- Using Make Noerase IPSW (An Unauthentic Way)
Part 3: Other Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode (Losing Data)
Real Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode without Losing Data
There are some ways of how to bypass iPhone passcode without losing the saved data. In this section, we are going to explore 3 tested methods.
1Using iTunes (If You Have iTunes Backup)
In this method, you must have first backed up your iPhone's data to iTunes. Once you wipe the iPhone passcode and the device, you can use the latest backup to restore data.
After you complete the process, you will need to pick a new passcode. To do this method, you only need a locked iPhone, a lightning cable, and a computer with iTunes backup. Here's a detailed breakdown.
- Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer and then launch iTunes. If asked for a passcode, reboot your phone while still connected to the computer.
- On the iTunes window, select your iPhone and then click on Restore Backup.
- Next window brings up a series of backups. Pick the most recent and click Restore. If it asks you for a password, provide the one for your encrypted backup.
- You may be asked to switch off 'Find My iPhone'. At this point, you will need to initiate Recovery Mode. This is how you do it:
- iPhone 8, iPhone X, or newer: Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Side Button
- iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold Volume Down + Side Button
- iPhone 6s and older: Press and hold Home + Top (Side) Button
- Keep holding the buttons until you see the Recovery Mode screen as the picture shows below.
- A restore message will pop up on iTunes, click Restore and Update and let the process complete. Or you also try restore iPhone without updating in Recovery Mode.
- The iPhone will restart. Make sure it remains connected up until the sync completes, and then you may disconnect. Voila!
2 Using iCloud (If You Have iCloud Backup)
You must set certain preconditions initially for this to work. They are as follows:
- Enable 'Find My iPhone'
- Set iCloud backup
- A strong Wi-Fi
- A lightning cable
- A computer with iTunes
Then let's go over the step-by-step process.
- Use the lightning cable to connect your iPhone to the computer with iTunes.
- Initiate Recovery Mode on your iPhone. (Refer to the method 1 on how to do this)
- Click Restore and Update and follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest iOS version. Let the process complete.
- If prompted for Apple ID and password, provide them. You should expect a few reboots during the process.
- Once complete, set up your iPhone as if it is a new device, following the on-screen instructions along the way.
- When you reach the backup stage on your iPhone, tap Restore from iCloud back.
- then select your latest backup, and click Restore. This may take a while; therefore, just wait for it to complete. Ensure the Wi-Fi signal is strong throughout this process.
- Once the process is complete, your data is restored.
3 Contact Apple Support (If You Don't Have Backup)
In case you had not previously backed up your data, we advise you to contact Apple Support for further advice. The above methods only work if you had already backed up your iPhone's data. Please be aware this may cost you hundreds of dollars.
Possible Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode without Losing Data
You can unlock iPhone passcode without losing data using methods not directly provided by Apple. So, it's not a guarantee that they will always work; however, they are still worth trying.
1 Using Siri to Bypass Locked Screen
This method only works on iOS 8.0 to 10.3 because Apple updates its iOS to fix security issues.. With that in mind, below is a step-by-step explanation on how to use Siri to unlock your iPhone's passcode.
- Press the Home button a few times until Siri activates.
- Make a random request to Siri, (for example, set a reminder with Siri) so that it may respond. This response is key to initiating the unlocking process.
- On the screen, you will see your reminder. Press and hold until Select All appears. Click on it.
- Next, share through messages. When the message screen appears, type anything on the To field and the go back.
- Next, click the "+" symbol and select Create New Contact.
- Click Add Photo and go to your gallery. Scroll through your gallery and then tap the Home button.
- Your iPhone will now be unlocked.
2 Try to Backup without Unlocking Screen
This method is worth trying when you have meet the following requrements:
- To backup your iPhone with a locked screen, you need to find a computer that has synced this iPhone before. With iOS 11.4 and earlier, you can try to backup it with your iTunes directly.
- If your iPhone is iOS 11.4.1 or later, you have to make sure the USB Accessories is on.
Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable, backup and restore it using iTunes and method 1.
3 Using Make Noerase IPSW (An Unauthentic Way)
Maybe you have heard this program called Make Noerase IPSW. They say that it supports iOS 10 and below. We have tested for you that it can NOT unlock your iPhone successfully. Just give it up and don't waste your time.
Other Methods to Unlock iPhone Passcode (Losing Data)
1Using iMyFone LockWiper
iMyFone LockWiper is incredible software for bypassing the iPhone screen lock. Regardless of the type of screen lock, this software can bypass iPhone's screen lock security feature in a number of scenarios, including a broken iPhone screen and several incorrect attempts. Besides, LockWiper can easily remove Apple ID and MDM lock without passcode.
Amazing Features of iMyFone LockWiper:
Here is a video tutuorial for you to use LockWiper to unlock your iPhone passcode:
Here is a text guide for you to use LockWiper to unlock your iPhone passcode:
Note: We suggest you to make a backup with iTune before using iMyFone LockWiper to unlock iPhone password. Otherwise your data will be lost after removal.
Step 1: Download, install, and launch iMyFone LockWiper on your PC/Mac. Then select Unlock Screen Passcode mode.
Step 2: Click Start button and connect your iPhone to the computer using the lightning cable.
Step 3: Download the firmware package for your iPhone.
Step 4: When the package extraction finished, click Start Unlock.
Step 5: Enter 000000 to confirm and start the unlocking process.
Step 6: Your iPhone will be unlocked without using any passcodes. If you have made a backup with iTunes first, then use LockWiper to unlock iPhone password will be a best choice.
2Using the Recovery Mode
The recovery mode is quite straightforward. Here's a detailed guide on how to use it to unlock your iPhone passcode.
Step 1: Leave your iPhone in idle mode and connected to any computer.
Step 2: Put your device into Recovery Mode which can be found in method 1.
Step 3: When it entered Recovery mode, iTunes window pops up and then click Restore iPhone. This will wipe your device and restore it to factory settings.
Bypassing a locked iPhone doesn't have to be impossible. With persistence and the right tools, regaining access to your iPhone device is achievable. Of the top eight methods for bypassing an iPhone passcode, LockWiper stands out as the best solution. It offers an easy solution that works for all versions of iOS. Its simple process, safety features, and security protocols make it an effective and reliable way to unlock your iPhone when you've forgotten the passcode. By using the right software tools, you can save yourself the hassle of being locked out of your iPhone permanently.