“My iPhone is locked. iTunes said it would restore and update to the latest iOS version. Is there any way to restore iPhone without updating to the latest iOS version?”
Do you have the same issue like that? When you can’t connect iTunes to restore, you may only left with one solution – put your iPhone into Recovery mode. If so, don’t worry, you can learn the most effective methods of how to restore iPhone without updating in recovery mode here. This article will show ways to fix your locked/disabled/frozen iPhone/iPad in Recovery mode without updating to the latest iOS version.
How to Restore iPhone without Updating in Recovery Mode
When in recovery mode, your iPhone is almost as useless as an empty case. Your iPhone may be disabled or locked that you need to restore it so you can use it again, but meanwhile you don’t want to update it to the latest iOS. For various reasons that you may don’t want to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version, here’s how to restore your iPhone without updating in recovery mode.
1. How to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode
- For iPhone 8/X or later: press and release the Volume Up button and then press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Side button until the recovery-mode screen shows up.
- For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery-mode screen shows up.
- For iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until the recovery-mode screen shows up.
2. Restore iPhone without Updating in Recovery Mode
If your iPhone is already in recovery mode, follow the steps to restore your iPhone:
- Open iTunes on your PC and then connect your iOS device.
- After connecting your device to your computer, put it into Recovery mode.
- Wait until you see the option to Restore or Update; select "Restore".
- Wait for the process to complete the restoration progress. Your iPhone will restore successfully without updating.
- After the Restore completed, you can now set your iPhone as new.
- Restore your iPhone in Recovery mode will not update it to the latest iOS version, but it will erase all the data and settings on your phone. So if you don’t have any backups, you will lose them.
- Please note that it can’t make sure that it will restore your iPhone with 100% success, it may cause some uncertain errors or damages.
Locked iPhone: Restore iPhone In Recovery Mode Quickly
If your iPhone is locked or disabled or even stuck in Recovery mode, here’s another quick fix for it. It’s not like the way on how to restore iPhone without updating in recovery mode, but help you restore your iPhone in a safer and quicker way.
We are all vulnerable to some errors eventually. You could have forgotten your passcode or a baby played around your phone long enough to lock it. You need only six wrong entries in a row to lock and disable your device. If you have a backup of your data, you are likely to find a solution fast. This is the reason iMyFone LockWiper is a great tool to help you get back to normality. We know you cannot last without a working phone.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper:
- Safe and fast: It could restore your iPhone to factory settings in a safe way within minutes.
- Flexible: It supports different kinds of situation like disabled, locked, stuck on recovery mode.
- Full compatibility: It supports all models of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and all iOS version including the new iPhone Xs and iOS 12.
- It also supports locked, broken screen and disabled iDevice with 4-digit, 6-digit passcode, Face ID and Touch ID.
Here’s how to restore your disabled/locked iPhone in recovery mode:
Step 1: Download and launch the program, and then click “Start” to begin the process. Then connect your iPhone to the program.
Step 2: Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
Step 3: Download the firmware and verify it.
Step 4: After verified successfully, click “Start Unlock” to start the unlocking process.
Step 5: Type in ‘000000’ to double confirm the unlocking.
Step 6: Wait a minute and your iPhone will be restored successfully.
Note: This will erase all the data on your device, so it would be better to make a backup first. Also it will update the iOS version to the latest one.
You should now get the answer of how to restore iPhone without updating in recovery mode, follow the steps above and your problem will be solved quickly. If your iPhone is locked or disabled, there is one quick and safe way for you too. Fix your problem now and get your iPhone back to normal without any hassle.