If your iPhone has been disabled and you have seen the "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes" message, then this post is meant for you. Here are the steps you can take to get back in to your iPhone when it is disabled.
Why do iPhones Become Disabled?
Nobody enjoys it when their iPhone becomes disabled. It can be one of the most frustrating experiences ever. There are many reasons why an iPhone can become disabled. These are just some of them:
- New Users: Some users are new to the iOS world. They may be unaware that their iPhone can become disabled if they miss their passcode too many times
- Kids: iPhones attract kids. Kids love playing with them and pressing the buttons. If you have left your iPhone lying around some kids recently, that probably explains why your device is disabled
- Snoopers: Family and friends can also cause an iPhone to be disabled. They may try to use your iPhone behind your back but they often don’t remember that they don’t have unlimited guesses at your passcode
Choose a Fix for "iPhone is Disabled, Connect to iTunes"
Even though having your iPhone disabled is not always a pleasant experience, you can remedy the situation in three ways. You can either fix the situation by using an iPhone unlocker tool, iTunes or via iCloud.
How do you decide which of these fixes to use? Here’s a table to help you make your decision.
If “Find My iPhone” enabled
If “Find My iPhone” disabled
Unlock without passcodes or ID
1 Fix "iPhone is Disabled" with Unlocker Tool
iMyFone LockWiper is the premier iPhone unlocker tool on the market. It is a revolutionary passcode unlocker that helps you bypass your iPhone passcode and access your device.
LockWiper is adapted to make it very easy for you to overcome the pesky situation of having forgotten your iPhone passcode. In just three steps, you can remedy the unwelcome situation and regain access to your iPhone.
LockWiper Easily Bypasses iPhone Lock
- Easily access your iPhone whenever it’s disabled, locked or broken
- Remove all kinds of lock screens: 4-digit/6-digit passcodes of any combination, Touch ID and Face ID
- Remove previous Apple ID/iCloud account from your iDevice so that you can login with a new one.
- Even get your iPhone out of recovery mode, black/white screen, Apple log, boot loop, etc.
- You can fix your iPhone at home, instead of sending it to repair at the risk of privacy leak
Detailed Guide to Get into Your iPhone When It’s Disabled:
Download, install and launch iMyFone LockWiper. Then connect your disabled iPhone.
Step 1: From LockWiper interface, click “Start”.
Step 2: Pick your device model from the top and then follow the instructions to put your iPhone in DFU mode. If the device cannot enter DFU mode, click “put your device into recovery mode at the bottom of the screen” and follow instructions.
Step 3: Confirm your device information. If it’s incorrect, manually correct it. Then click “Download”.
Step 4: When the firmware has been downloaded, click “Start to Verify”. Then click “Start Unlock” once verified.
Step 5: Confirm the action by entering “000000” and clicking “Unlock”.
Just wait for a moment. When it’s done, you can access your iPhone as before.
2 Fix "iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes" Using iTunes
You have the option of using iTunes to unlock your disabled iPhone. Although, this option may be a bit complicated. This method is only available for some limited situations.
Step 1: Connect your disabled iPhone to iTunes.
Step 2: It will pop up a window. You need to click “Restore” button from it. If the window doesn’t show up, click the device tab on iTunes to its Summary page. Click “Restore iPhone” from the right panel.
Step 3: Then just follow the guides step-by-step and let it update your iOS version and also restore the iPhone.
3 Fix "iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes" via iCloud
The third option consists in using iCloud. In order to use this option, you need to have had “Find My iPhone” turned on before your iPhone was disabled. Follow these steps:
Step 1: On your PC or Mac, go to the iCloud website: icloud.com and sign in with your iCloud ID and password.
Step 2: When you are login, choose “Find iPhone”.
Step 3: Click “All Devices” and you will see your listed iPhone’s name. Tap on your disabled iPhone.
Step 4: You will see the option to “Erase iPhone”. Tap on this option and follow the on-screen instructions. Your iPhone will be reset to factory settings.
What does "iPhone is Disabled, Connect to iTunes" Mean
The error message “iPhone disabled connect to iTunes” comes up when you have tried an incorrect passcode on your iPhone for a certain number of times. It doesn’t just come up on your first trial though. Here’s how many tries it takes to bring up the error:
- 1-5 incorrect passcode attempts: No problem
- 6 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minute
- 7 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes
- 8 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes
- 9 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes
- 10 incorrect attempts: This will bring up “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”. Your iPhone may even be completely erased if “Erase Data” is selected as part of your iPhone security measures.
Can iPhone be Disabled in Other Situations Than Passcode Mistypes
No. There’s no other way that your iPhone can be disabled except when you have keyed in the wrong passcode for the specified number of times. Note that your iPhone will only be disabled if you enter the same wrong passcode again and again e.g. entering 1234 (which is wrong) ten times.
Can I Unlock iPhone After It's Disabled
No. Once your iPhone brings up the “iPhone disabled connect to iTunes message”, you can do nothing to unlock it. All you can do is completely erase the iPhone and start over from your most recent backup.
Save yourself the stress of having to follow complicated steps to unlock your disabled iPhone. Get iMyFone LockWiper and access easy, fast unlocking action.