Usually, all iOS devices have additional security features, including SIM lock as an additional layer. It comes with a classic passcode, and now with the recent advancement of the Touch ID sensor. All smartphones need a SIM to connect to the carrier and work. Here you get a unique SIM PIN code that comes in handy when you restart your iPhone.
If you forget your SIM passcode and have a SIM-free iPhone, you will be locked out from the iPhone. For this, we would recommend you to use iBypasser. It is the most reliable software you will find and is super easy to use.
Read along to find out more about this fantastic software.
Part 1: Common Questions about Unlocking SIM iPhone
Q1. Why am I getting a "SIM is locked“ message on my phone?
If you enter the wrong SIM password three times in a row, your device will become locked. Your SIM card-locked iPhone will go to the default optimum mode. It will take some time for the device to show the password option once again. Here you won't be able to use the SIM card for the device till it is unlocked.
Q2. What is the iPhone PUK code?
The PUK for the phone stands for the personal unblocking key. It comes with the SIM-locked iPhone as a SIM code to reset the personal identification number's PIN. It is also known as the PUC, personal unblocking code. You can use this PUC if you want to switch your network provider without changing the SIM and number.
Part 2: How to Unlock Your SIM Card on Your iPhone
Generally, the SIM lock is an added security to prevent theft and data stealing. But what if you have set up the SIM PIN a long time ago and forgot the code?
Follow the given steps to restore the original settings.
Step 1.Contact the Carrier
Here you need to contact your carrier straightaway. Since you are locked out of your iPhone, you need to make the call through another device. If your carrier has a website, opt for customer support via the live chat to Unlock your SIM card iPhone.
Step 2.Get PUK Code to Unlock
When you talk to your carrier customer support for a SIM card-locked iPhone, ask for the PUK code. Once you obtain it, input it in the "Enter PUK" option. If you cannot see this option, go to settings and then to Cellular. If you cannot see this option, then reboot your device.
Remember that the PUK code is 8 digits long, and you will get only 10 attempts to be successful. Make sure you have it correct on the first try only.
- An unlocked phone entitles you to a world of choice rather than a SIM-locked iPhone. You are not limited to one carrier selling this particular device, so you can choose to import a phone from another resource.
- You can avail dual SIM functions on your phone. You can connect to two carriers which will help in unlocking a SIM card iPhone.
- When you have to sell your iPhone. Buyers prefer unlocked devices to alter the settings according to their preferences.
- An unlocked SIM-free iPhone is the best option if you are fond of traveling. You can buy a renowned local SIM card wherever you travel as the international data proves expensive in all cases.
- Many carrier companies have no support center for SIM card-locked iPhones and their users. The manufacturer has its team, but their knowledge is limited to their technology.
- Every phone comes with a warranty, but there is no guarantee that it will come back as it is when you send your phone to unlock. There is no evidence of the damage, and the price decreases once the process is done.
- Many carrier companies offer plans when you call them. It might prove expensive with these sweet deals as you pay in cash to unlock the SIM code.
Part 3: How to Unlock iPhone with a Different Carrier
1. Contact your carrier
- First, contact your carrier and ask them to unlock the SIM card-locked iPhone. It might take a few days to contact them again to see the request's status.
- After you receive your confirmation, follow the steps to unlock the phone.
2. If you have a SIM card from a carrier other than your current carrier
- Remove the SIM card in your iPhone and keep a SIM-free iPhone until all steps are done.
- Please insert the new SIM, and your phone will activate itself.
3. If you don't have another SIM card to use
- SIMply backup your phone.
- Then erase your iPhone.
- Finally, restore the iPhone from the backup that you just created.
4. Restore your iPhone to factory settings:
- If you own an iOS 13 or earlier device, then contact your carrier to ask about the unlock system in your version.
- Then restore your iPhone to factory settings.
- You can use the backup for this purpose.
- Restoring the iPhone to factory settings means you can install new features.
- Moreover, having two carriers means better pricing policies when you are in town or out of it.
- You can update the device to new visions.
- If you are locked out of your iPhone and want to Unlock a SIM card iPhone, having two carriers might not help. Both companies will ask you to contact the other on terms to unlock the iPhone.
- Restoring to factory settings may lead to data loss if you do not have a backup. The computer might also not support the version of your device to fill the upgrade to unlock the iPhone.
Bonus: Unlock Carrier Locked iPhone with iMyFone iBypasser [Hot]
iMyFone iBypasser is a fantastic tool that is easy, safe, and gives quick results for carrier locked SIM card iPhones and other iDevices. You can remove the SIM card lock and other activation features. Though you may not be able to make calls or use cellular data until your SIM card is processed, you can usually use other functions.
- Bypass carrier locked SIM with few steps.
- Can bypass the DNS Server with just one click.
- Can activate your Apple device without any passcode to use the functions.
- Bypass the iCloud activation lock without passwords.
Video tutorial to unlock carrier-locked iPhone with iMyFone iBypasser.
Steps to Bypass iPhone SIM Lock
Step 1. Download and install iMyFone iBypasser on your Mac or Windows. Open it and choose “Remove iPhone SIM Lock” and hit Start.
Step 2. Connect your iDevice to PC with USB cable.
Step 3. Click Next to jailbreak the device.
Step 4. Comfirm your device's information.
Step 5. Wait a minute to unlock the SIM lock.
Step 6. Now successfully bypass the SIM lock.
The iMyFone iBypasser is the most compatible tool you will ever find if you want to Unlock your SIM card iPhone. It not only unlock SIM lock but can turn off FMI as well. There are many media awards attached to this tool, whether you want to factory reset the settings, have bought a used unlocked device, or locked the SIM card due to any circumstances.
You can also renew your devices at home at a much lower cost than carrier companies. There are no technical requirements, and you can avail yourself of the lifetime updates with the iMyFone iBypasser.
In this article we have disscuessed why your SIM is locked by PIN and how to do. Also, if you have occurred the problem that the SIM is locked by carrier, then iMyFone iBypasser tool is the best for you. Various features will help you unlock your Apple devices' SIM card-locked iPhone and SIM code. Bypassing the code is an essential step if you do not want to jailbreak your device and requires technical steps to follow.
The iMyFone iBypasser comes with easy-to-do steps so that everyone can use it.no matter what SIM you use or have a SIM-free iPhone, and this tool will help you remove all activation codes.
You Might Also Like
- How to Turn Off iPhone Camera Sound (Japanese/Korean/Unrestricted)
- [Truth] Can You Really Get a Free iMyFone iBypasser Registration Code?
- A Complete Guide to Unlock Rogers iPhone
Product-related questions? Contact Our Support Team to Get Quick Solution >
Home > Bypass Activation Lock > [Solved!] How to Unlock The SIM Card Locked iPhone?