Perhaps, you were confused when you first heard about iCloud activation lock. If so, you were not alone. Many new buyers of iPhone are usually confronted with one feature or the other that they need to get right. So, what is iCloud activation lock?
What is the iCloud Activation Lock?
The activation lock is a feature designed by Apple to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone in case it gets lost or stolen. The first time you switch on your iPhone after purchase, the activation lock will be enabled automatically.
- Part 1: How to Remotely Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone
- Part 2: How to Bypass or Remove iCloud Lock Using DNS
- Part 3: Ask Apple to Help Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- Part 4: How to Unlock iCloud Account on iPhone/iPad with Paid Service
- Part 5: How to Permanently Reset iPhone Data (Even without iCloud Password)
Part 1: How to Remotely Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone
Have you ever purchased a second-hand iPhone only to find that it's locked with iCloud account. The recommended method is to ask the previous owner to remove iCloud activation lock by deleting the iPhone from the current iCloud account.
Contact the previous owner and ask he/she to follow these steps:
Step 1: Start by going to icloud.com.
Step 2: Sign in to the site with your Apple ID and passcode.
Step 3: Click "Find iPhone".
Step 3: Tap "All Devices" located at the top.
Step 4: Choose which device you want to remove from the iCloud account.
Step 5: If necessary, tap "Erase iPhone".
Step 6: Once the device has been deleted, click on "Remove from Account".
Part 2: How to Bypass or Remove iCloud Lock Using DNS
You may not always need to bypass or remove iCloud , but there will be a time you need to bypass or remove it and knowing how to do that will help. The following steps may help.
Step 1: Turn on or restart your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2: Complete the Setup process until you get to the "Choose Wi-Fi network".
Step 3: Press the Home button. Click "More Wifi Settings".
Step 4: Tap on the "i" symbol next to the WiFi network.
Step 5: Tap "Configure DNS". Tap "Manual".
Step 6: Click "+Add Server" and a blank will come up.
Step 7: Enter the server address of your location. Here are some of the exmaples:
- USA: 22.214.171.124
- Europe: 126.96.36.199
- Asia: 188.8.131.52
- Africa, Australia, and other locations: 184.108.40.206
Step 8: Click "Save".
Step 9: Click on the back option and click "Join this Network".
Step 10: If it requires, enter the network password and tao "Join".
Step 11: When the iPhone tries to activate, click on the back button.
Step 12: You can now continue setting up your iPhone or iPad as normal.
Note: This method is not always working especially for those new iOS versions, like iOS 10 and later.
Part 3: Ask Apple to Help Remove iCloud Activation Lock
Apple will help unlock iPhone from iCloud account under some specific circumstances:
- Show your proof to Apple that you are the owner of the iPhone. You can show your receipt.
- Show your proof to Apple that the ownership has been transferred from the previous owner to you.
During the checks, Apple will also see if the iPhone has been reported as stolen or missing. If it has, Apple won't help. If you cannot prove you are the rightful owner, Apple will also refuse to unlock it. Therefore, as possible as you can, show all the proof that you are the owner and have the full right of the iPhone.
Part 4: How to Unlock iCloud Account with Paid Service
If the previous ways don't work for you, you can unlock your iPhone from iCloud activation with paid service. But it comes with limits:
- It only supports all iOS versions up to iOS 11.3.1. Future release iOS 11.4 and higher is not supported.
- The iPhone should be connected to either GSM or Wi-Fi.
- It doesn't work for iPhone that is reported as lost or stolen.
- You should have full access to your iPhone settings. That means, it doesn't work if your iPhone is stuck at the iCloud activation lock screen.
If you ensure the above requirements are well satisfied, you can use iRemove Tools:
Step 1: Download the latest version of iRemove and install it on your computer.
Step 2: Launch iRemove software and connect your iPhone to it. It will verify whether your iPhone is eligible to bypass Apple ID or not.
Step 3: Place the order and pay for it.
Step 4: After payment, just follow the onscreen instructions on iRemove. When it finish, you can set up your iPhone as normal.
Attention: There are some paid services which are proven to be ineffective, like OfficialiPhoneUnlock, etc.
Part 5: How to Permanently Erase/Reset iPhone Data
An efficient way to erase iPhone data is to use iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser. This software is powerful enough and can delete data permanently without possibility of recovery, as it will completely overwritten and destory iPhone data, while iPhone factory reset only locks the data. It has different modes like 1-Click Clean Up, Erase All Data, etc, that you can choose from according to your need. It deletes files, data, photos, videos, Whatsapp chat, etc. permanently with 0% rate of recovery.
- Permanently erases personal data, such as messages, call history, personal photos and videos, WhatsApp/WeChat/Kik/Viber data etc.
- Completely erase previously deleted files to make such recoverable files 100% unrecoverable!
- Totally reset iPhone to make all iPhone data and setting gone forever.
- Combines 25+ analyzation techniques to eliminate over 30 kinds of hidden junk files and temporary files.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and reported by many well-known medias around the world, like macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
How to Reset iPhone even without iCloud Password
Note: If you don't know the iCloud password, before resetting, please firstly make sure that the "Find My iPhone" is turned off on the iPhone.
Step 1: Get a PC and install Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser on it.
Step 2: Plug your iPhone to the PC with a cable.
Step 3: Select "Erase All Data" tab.
Step 4: Confirm deletion by typing "delete" into the provided box.
Ever wanted to sell or give out your iPhone? Do you have some private data or information you would not want any other person to view? If your answers are yes, then you need to use software like Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser to erase your data for security purpose permanently.
Besides, some items you have previously deleted may still be on your iPhone. What you need to do is to permanently delete them so that your iPhone will have enough storage space and also prevent unscrupulous person accessing those deleted data.