Sometimes we accidentally delete some important SMS from our smartphones, and if there is no recycle bin option, one can be in trouble for doing this. However, you can recover deleted text messages on Huawei devices with ease. Here we will share some of the best ways to recover your deleted messages.
Table of Content [Hide]
- Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Huawei without Backup
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted SMS on Huawei from Previous Backup
Part 1. How to Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Huawei without Backup
In most cases, people don't back up their text messages, and you might be in the same situation. In such a scenario, the best answer to how to retrieve deleted text messages on Huawei is to use D-Back for Android. It is your best android data recovery tool that brings a long list of features while keeping the process extremely simple.
Features of D-Back for Android:
- Retrieve your text messages and over 10 other types of data without ever needing a backup.
- Recover data from devices that become unresponsive or are broken.
- Support all Huawei models with over 6000 Android devices from different brands.
- It allows you to restore your offline and online backups.
- Recovery without root.
While the list of features is long, the process to recover your SMS is short, including the following steps only:
Step 1.Launch the tool on your PC and select device recovery.
Step 2.Specify your device model to download its package.
Step 3.Connect the Huawei device with a USB wire.
Step 4.Scan the device and preview the found stuff.
Step 5.Recover the data that you want back on your device.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted SMS on Huawei from Previous Backup
Are you looking for how to recover deleted SMS on Huawei devices, and have you previously created a backup with your important messages in it? Well, you are in luck because here we have 3 simple ways to try. Below are the details of each one of those methods that you may try.
1 Retrieve Deleted Text Messages on Huawei with Backup App
Using Huawei's Backup application is one of the best ways to recover messages when you have created a backup. It can help you get the job done without needing a computer at all, and here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open the backup application on your Huawei smartphone.
- From the available options, you need to select the backup location. It allows you to select from an SD card and external USB along with internal storage.
- Select messages when restoring the backup, and your messages will be back on your device.
2 Recover Deleted SMS on Huawei via HiSuite
The next method you may try includes using Huawei's official backup application. The HiSuite application from Huawei allows you to preview and recover any previously deleted messages. While it gets the job done, it is not that simple to follow because the process is a little more complex than other methods that you may do on your phone. Below are the steps you will need to follow:
- Connect your smartphone to your computer with a USB wire. Also you need to enable HDB on your Huawei device first: Settings > Advanced settings > Security > Allow HiSuite to use HDB.
- Now on your computer, click on Restore and select the messages that you want back.
- Now click on restore and wait for the tool to do its job.
Shortly you will have all the selected data recovered on your smartphone.
3 Restore Deleted Text Messages on Huawei with SMS Backup & Restore
The last choice is to use the Backup & Restore feature, it needs a Google account backup to contain your SMS. It also does not need a computer for the process, and here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Backup and Restore application on your device.
- Select restore and go to Google Drive to find the backup that has SMS in it.
- Restore that selected backup on your device, and your SMS will be back.
So, if you had a backup with the deleted text messages, you can use any of these methods depending on the most feasible.
Data backup generally provides peace of mind when you need to know how to recover deleted SMS on Huawei. However, if you didn't create any backups, then you might be worried. No need to worry, as you can follow the methods shared above to recover any deleted text messages with 100% success.