"Hi, I was restoring my old backup after buying iPhone 6 but my iCloud backup is not showing up. What is the problem? Can you tell me?"
It can be a little troublesome when you are not able to see your iCloud backup especially when you need restoring it. This can happen for various reasons which we will be explain to you next. Also, we have brought a very useful fix that you can to try out when iCloud backup doesn't show up during the restoring process. Let us begin now.
1. Why iCloud Backup Is Not Showing up?
First of all, you need to understand why this thing is taking place. Here are the common potential reasons behind it.
- Network Connection: You should be aware about the fact that a cloud service always seeks a very active internet connection. If iCloud backup is not showing up, the primary reason could be your network connection . Make sure to work with a healthy and stable internet at all times to make the iCloud service smoother. You may try to reset your router and the network settings on your iPhone.
- Apple server problem: Another cause of iCloud backup not showing up issue could be Apple server problem . Sometimes, the server may be in maintenance and it is impossible to connect to the server, so you are unable to view the backup files. We recommend that you go to check Apple System Status when this problem happens and confirm if there is any server issue.
- Unsuccessful backup: Another thing you should be acquainted with while working with iCloud is that the service offers a limited amount of storage to save your files i.e. 5GB, so it is possible that you backup was not made successfully due to less storage. Also, some other unknown errors with the internet will also cause this problem.
- Corrupt or incompatible iCloud backup: Finally, it could also be a corrupt or incompatible iCloud backup so that it cannot be restored to the iOS device.
If you still have a chance to make a new iCloud backup containing the data you want, you can just cancel the old backup iCloud and then do a new iCloud backup again. Here is how to delete the old backup:
Go to Settings on your iPhone, click your user name on the top, click iCloud, and then you will be able to manage the storage of your iCloud by click Manage Storage.
After that, you need click Backup and you will see all the backups in your iCloud. At this moment, you can choose a backup and click "Delete Backup".
If you have no chance to make a new backup of the data, you can try the method below to view and extract the data in your old iCloud backup.
2. View or Extract iCloud Backup with iMyFone D-Port
If iCloud backup doesn't show up, you can try iMyFone D-Port to view it and you will be successfully able to access and extract your data from the backup if you can view it. iMyFone D-Port is a third party data exporter tool that provides full compatibility with all iOS versions including iOS 11.2 and all iOS devices including iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad, iPod touch. The tool has been loved by millions of users since it is very easy to use and satisfy the needs of thousands of users. You can use it to check and view your iCloud backup with the free version.
- You are allowed to access your iCloud or iTunes data even when you are not having the device in hand.
- You can backup their whole iPhone as well as backing up a particular data type such as WhatsApp, messages or WeChat.
- You can export 16 types of data selectively from iPhone directly, or from iTunes and iCloud backups.
How to View Data in iCloud backup via iMyFone D-Port
Step 1 – First of everything, you need to download iMyFone D-Port and then launch it in your PC. Now, click on "Extract Data from Backup" option from the main screen and then hit "Download iCloud Backup".
Step 2 – Now log in to your iCloud account to see all the backup files in the account.
Select the one which have your desired file types and hit on "Next" button.
Step 3 – The next screen will show you the data types. Choose the data trypes you want to view or extract and let them get scanned by the program.
Once done with scanning, you will be able to view your data. If you want to extract the data, you can click on "Extract" option also.
3. Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup Selectively
If the iCloud backup is showing up when you using iMyFone D-Port, you can use iMyFone D-Port Pro, which is the advanced version of iMyFone D-Port, to selectively restore your iPhone from the iCloud backup. It is another powerful creation by iMyFone and is a very powerful data backup and restore tool. The tool provides the feature of restoring data fully and partially. For example, you can individually restore your WhatsApp, WeChat or messages via this tool. It will not overwrite any other data on your device while restoring. You can also restore selectively from your iTunes backup using iMyFone D-Port Pro if it contains the data you need.
Here is how to restore flexibly from iCloud backup via iMyFone D-Port Pro. If you want to restore from an iTunes backup, the steps are similar. Download the program and install it on your computer first.
Step 1 – Open the program and click on "Restore Backup to Device" to get all the backups on the screen.You need download the iCloud backup first. If you have downloaded it, you can just choose it and click "Next" to proceed.
Connect your device with the computer and click "Next" once it recognizes your iPhone.
Step 2 – Data types that can be restored from your iCloud backup will be displayed on the screen. You need to choose one to get scanned completely. After selecting, click on "Next". (Now only Messages, WhatsApp, and WeChat are supported to be restored separately. More data types will be supported in the next version)
Step 3 – This will begin to scan the data you chose. Preview after the scanning gets complete and then click on "Restore" to restore the data to your device without affecting any other data.
We provided you some possible reasons that can trigger this issue and the solutions that can help you when iCloud backup is not showing up. We hope you understood everything well and now the problem has gone.