Quite honestly, a GoPro Camera SD Card error recovery tool got to be one of the best and the most reliable data recovery software today, and its certainly for a good reason. The GoPro sd card recovery tool will not only help you recover your videos or images with ease, but it also recovers other things as well. In this article, we will look at how exactly you can be able to recover deleted video files from a GoPro sd card with free advanced tool-iMyFoneD-Back Hard Drive Recovery.
Table of Content [Hide]
- Part 1. How to Recover GoPro Error SD Card with iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files from SD Card with Free Software
- Part 3. FAQs AboutGoPro SD Card Error Recovery
Part 1. How to recover GoPro Error SD Card with GoPro SD Card Recovery Software
When it comes to fixing SD errors, besides the GoPro camera device itself, you can also use iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery to ensure that all the lost data has been recovered from the GoPro sd card. This GoPro sd card recovery tool is super reliable and will be able to recover 100% of the lost data, especially if the data has not been overwritten. And guess what, this tool doesn't demand any form of technical knowledge to perform the SD card file recovery.
- Key Features of iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery:
- Deep scan feature- The tool scans the SD card pretty quickly, and it even carries out a deep scan to ensure that it digs out all the files lost, deleted, or even inaccessible on your device. You dont have to worry about this!
- Unique algorithms- It comes with a super-powerful and unique algorithm that enables the files to be recovered at a super-fast rate.
- High-date security- It can work in many scenarios, thereby being able to recover your videos without any loss. Also, you can recover data by yourself without having to send your devices to a recovery service, as your privacy is guaranteed.
- File filter– This feature allows locating any files lost by date and type. It also allows you to search the file by its name.
- Steps of recovering GoPro error SD card with iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery:
Step 1: The very first step is to download and install iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery software on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your SD card to your PC and open the D-Back Hard Drive Recovery tool. Then select the SD card, and then tap on the Start button.
Step 3: After you've done that, the software will scan the selected SD card. you will access the videos on the corrupted SD card. Now, you will be able to select the videos that you want to recover, then hit Recover.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files from SD Card with Free Software
There are main methods through which you can be able to recover deleted GoPro videos from your SD card:
2.1. Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files from Windows
Method 1: Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files from Existing Backup
This is one of the most common and free ways to recover files. The Windows back up method is a sure way of retrieving the data, provided you had saved the backup of the lost files. Here is how you can recover the files:
Step 1: You first need to connect the backup storage device with your Windows system.
Step 2: Then, press the Win + I Key together, and then settings.
Step 3: Next, tap on the UpdateSecurity option, and select backup. Click on the BackupRestore option, and then Restore My Files.
Method 2: Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files Using Attrib Command
The other method is to use attrib command, which you do by following these steps:
Step 1: First, insert your SD card into your computer. Then go to the start menu and type cmd in the Search section, and press Enter.
Step 2: You will see the exe option under the program list, right-click on it, and it will direct you to the command window where you will be able to recover the erased data.
Step 3: Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*.
Method 3: Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files Using Command Prompt
You also can use the CMD option to recover the deleted files. Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Tap on the windows button, and then command, then hit Enter.
Step 2: Select Device using the upright three menus found in the File Explorer Window.
Step 3: Switch to command prompt, and then type CHKDSK, followed by the devices letter and then r; (which stands for repair). So, it will look something like this chkdskg:/r.
2.2. Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files from Mac
If you are a Mac user, You can retrieve the lost files if you've ever made a backup in the Time Machine drive.
Recover Deleted GoPro Videos/Files Using Time Machine
The tool requires you to use an external storage device as storage for your data backups. So, here is how you recover deleted files using this tool:
Step 1: Connect the drive with your computer, open the Finder window in the location where the lost files were stored.
Step 2: Open the Time Machine, which you do by either choosing it in the System Preferences or tapping on the clock icon on the menu bar.
Step 3: Then browse the local backups and snapshots and then select the items you want to recover, and then click Restore.
FAQs About GoPro SD Card Error Recovery
Can I Recover GoPro SD Card Videos that Are Permanently Deleted?
Absolutely! You see, using one of the most reliable recovery software, iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery, you will not only be able to recover permanently deleted videos/files, but you will also be able to recover files from a corrupted SD card. This software is able to conduct a deep scan of the SD card, where it retrieves all the files that were previously stored in the card. So many people have been able to retrieve much of their files, which is why they grew to trust iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery as their number one solution for video/file recovery.
How Can I Fix the SD Card Error on My GoPro Hero 7/8/9/10?
When it comes to fixing GoPro Hero 7/8/9/10 black SD card error, its easy to fix. When your GoPro Hero camera show an SD card error, its a clear indication that your camera isn' t properly communicating with your SD card. Now, you can follow the following steps to fix the problem:
- You need to check and see whether the SD card is properly inserted into the GoPro camera.
- Then, go to the Settings menu and choose the trash can icon so as to format or delete everything thats on the SD card. You also have the option of formatting the SD card on your Windows/Mac computer. Doing this will ensure that the SD card is wiped clean and that everything that it contains, which includes items that could have been causing the SD card error.
- You can now exit the Settings menu, and the error code should be cleared. But if, for some reason, the error reappears, especially after recording in a frame rate or a high-resolution mode, then it could be possible that the SD card is unable to withhold or keep the GoPro Hero camera output.
Why Does My GoPro Keep Saying SD Card Error?
When you get a GoPro camera, and after inserting the SD card, you keep getting the SD card error; it could be due to several reasons that are as follows:
- It could be that your SD card isnt compatible with your GoPro camera. You see, if the card isn' t supported by the card that you are using, it will obviously not work.
- It could be that the SD card isnt properly inserted, which is quite a common problem, as most people tend to insert the card in a rush, thereby constantly triggering the GoPro sd card error.
- It could be that the card isnt properly formatted, which means it will not work on the GoPro device.
- It could be an issue of outdated firmware, an unclean SD card, or the fact that the cards reading and writing speed is not fast enough.
Now, as we have seen, yes, GoPro SD card errors might be common, but with the launch of reliable data recovery software such as iMyFone D-Back Hard Drive Recovery, recovering videos from such errors is literary a piece of cake! It’s the perfect tool you could ever have on your PC. Also, you can choose other methods we mentioned in Part 2! Hope these methods will help you!