If you are an iPhone user, you may know very well that iPhone X has arrived with several changes. These changes have affected on aspects like Control Center and launching Siri. In addition to that, even the shutting down process is different in iPhone X devices. In this case, we have to relearn certain essential functionalities. If you are using an iPhone X and if you find that you can’t close apps on iPhone with iOS 12/13/14/15, what should you do? Read on this guide if you need to know how to fix it.
Part 1: Fix Can’t Close Apps on Your iPhone X in iOS 12/13/14/15
From this point forward, let’s learn how to fix “Can’t close apps on iPhone”. We will list down several methods and you can try any of these methods and see if it helps.
1Force Quit Multiple Apps at One Time
One of the basic options you can try to fix “Can’t close apps on iPhone” is to force quitting multiple apps. Here’s how to do it on iPhone X.
- Launch the app switcher by swiping up the screen from the bottom to top.
- You will have to tap and hold the card of the very first app you need to stop. Hold until you see a minus sign.
- Don’t release. Use two more fingers to hold on two adjacent cards you wish to stop. Meanwhile, you should swipe it up.
- By doing this, you can kill up to the apps at once.
2Restart iPhone X
If the previous method doesn’t work, you should try restarting your iPhone X. Here’s how to restart iPhone X.
- Hold the Side button with a volume button to get the slider appeared.
- Drag it to turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Side button to start the device again.
3Fix Can’t Close Apps on iPhone X in iOS 12/13/14/15 Issue with Third-Party Tool
Even if none of the above methods work to fix “can’t close apps in iPhone”, you shouldn’t be frustrated. Thanks to the technology, sophisticated tools like iMyFone iOS System Recovery are there to fix most the issues related to iOS systems.
Before we learn how to fix “Can’t close apps on iPhone X” using iMyFine iOS System Recovery, let’s get to know some of the most notable features associated with it.
- This software is capable of addressing various software issues related to iOS devices
- It allows you to fix iOS issues without losing any data
- Simplified interface makes you enjoy maximum user-friendliness
- It doesn’t compromise your privacy
Fixing iOS Issues Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery
- Connect the device into the computer and select the standard mode of the software.
- Enter your device into the DFU mode or recovery mode.
- The software will automatically detect the device and firmware. Then click on “Download” option.
- Once the downloading is done, you should click on “Start to Fix” option.
At the completion of the process, you can simply start the device without any issue. You may need try it couple of times if the process fails for the first time.
4Contact Apple Support
If even iMyFone iOS System Recovery cannot fix “Can’t close apps on iPhone” issue, we strongly recommend you contacting Apple Support. Depending on the issue and your location, the way to contact Apple Support may differ. However, you can have all the contact information simply by clicking here.
Part 2: What to Do before Fixing Can’t Close Apps on iPhone X
Before fixing issues related to iOS device, you should consider backing up your iPhone X using iMyFone iTransor selectively or fully. Please note that iMyFone iTransor is renamed from iMyFone D-Port Pro.
Why Backing Up is Important
- To restore data in the event of a device damage
- To restore data to a new device
- To restore data if the device is malfunctioning
- To restore data after a factory reset
Main Features of iMyFone iTransor
- Supports more than 18 data types
- Can back up the entire device or selected files only like contacts, messages,WhatsApp and WeChat
- Can access iTunes and iCloud without physically accessing the device
- Compatible with latest iOS like iOS 15/14/13/12/11 and devices like iPhone X/8
How to Only Back Up Important Data on iPhone X
- Select Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud on the left panel and then click Back Up Device.
- Connect your device to computer via USB cable and then select what you need from the list.
- Click on Back Up button and wait until the program backs up the data. You will be notified when the backup is completed.
We believe that the methods mentioned in this guide will help you overcome “Can’t close apps on iPhone” issue. After rectifying the issue, please let us know how it went and the experience you share are valuable for our readers as well as for us.