As you may know, FaceTime is the way of making video calls on Apple devices. As per this method, you can use any iPhone device to make FaceTime calls. Instead of traditional phone lines, you will be using either cellular data or Wi-Fi to make FaceTime to function. This facility is available in iOS devices like iPhone, iPad etc. This is an excellent choice for Apple users to connect with their loved ones who are away from them. In simplest terms, Facetime is a perfect option that connects people from different locations. As of today, millions of people enjoy this facility. But, what should you do if FaceTime keeps failing or FaceTime not available? Let’s find it out.
Part 1: What Does FaceTime Unavailable Mean?
FaceTime unavailable can be a really annoying instance for those who have got used to it. FaceTime unavailable is the term used when you are unable to make a FaceTime call on your device. It may happen due to several reasons.
- Some countries and regions prevent iPhone users from using FaceTime.
- Devices purchased in countries like UAE, Saudi Arabia etc. doesn’t allow you using FaceTime.
- Due to poor network or wrong device settings.
- FaceTime is not available when you try to switch calls.
Part 2: Top 7 Ways on Fixing FaceTime Unavailable with iOS 12/13/14/15
Now, let’s see how to fix this FaceTime not available issue using a couple of methods.
1 Check whether FaceTime is Available in Your Country
If you have bought your iOS device from Saudi Arabia, UAE or from Pakistan, FaceTime feature might not be available in your country. However, if you use a device that runs on iOS 12/13/14/15 and you have purchased it in Saudi Arabia, you can now enjoy FaceTime.
2Check FaceTime & Restriction Settings
If FaceTime is already disabled in your iOS device, you will have to turn it on. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Settings App located on your device’s Home Screen.
- Select FaceTime.
- Now, find the switch located next to FaceTime and turn the switch on.
- If restriction was the problem, FaceTime should work by now.
3Reset Network Settings
Sometimes, if your network settings are changed or it has some kind of an error, you will be not able to use FaceTime properly. Here’s how to fix network settings of the iPhone.
- Go to Settings app on you iOS device.
- Select the option called General.
- Tap Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
- When prompted, you will have to confirm the massage to reset the network settings of your iPhone
- Once the iOS device is rebooted, the network settings will be reset and you will be able to use FaceTime feature.
4Change Another WiFi Connection
If there is a trouble with your existing Wi-Fi connection, FaceTime keeps failing can be a frequent issue. So, it is worth trying a new Wi-Fi connection. Here’s how to change your Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to the Settings app located in your device’s home screen and select Wi-Fi option.
- You should turn on Wi-Fi. If it is already turned on, you will see the available connections.
- Now, tap on the new Wi-Fi network you need to connect to.
- You should provide the password of the respective Wi-Fi network in order to join.
- Once joined, the device will notify it with a ‘right’ mark just next to the network.
5Restart Your Device
You can also try restarting your device and see if FaceTime works. The purpose of restarting your iPhone is to fix some minor issues. Here’s how to restart your iOS device.
If you are using an iPhone X:
- Press the side button and any volume button simultaneously and hold them.
- Once the slider appears, drag it to turn the iPhone X off.
- Now, you should press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
If you are using an iPhone 8 or an earlier version:
- Press and hold the Top button until you see the slider.
- Drag it to turn the device off.
- Once the device is turned off, you should press and hold the Top button to see the Apple logo.
6Reset All Settings
If you believe that there are several issues related to the settings, it is easier to get them all reset. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Setting app of the iPhone though Home Screen.
- Go to General.
- Tap on Reset which is located towards the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you should find an option called Reset All Settings.
- Tap it and enter the passcode when prompted.
7Fix FaceTime Unavailable with iOS System Recovery Tool
If you couldn’t succeed with any of the methods we have mentioned so far, here’s the surefire way to fix it. In this case, we will be using a powerful and convenient software tool called iMyFone iOS System recovery. It can help you fix all the issues related to your iOS device.
- It is perfectly compatible with all the iOS versions even the latest iOS 12/13/14/15
- It works with latest iPhone models like iPhone X/8
- The user-interface of the software is exceptionally convenient
- It can address most the iOS related issues within a couple of steps
How to fix FaceTime unavailable with standard mode
Let’s take a look at on how to fix FaceTime not available issue using iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
- Choose standard mode and put your device on DFU or recovery mode.
- The software will now start to detect the firmware related to iOS device after detecting it automatically. Then you should press Download button.
- Once the firmware is downloaded and installed, you can click on “Start to Fix” option. The program will fix the device automatically and let you know when the process is completed.
Part 3: Backup iPhone before Fixing FaceTime Unavailable
You must create a backup of your phone before opting to any issue (including FaceTime keeps failing issue). Some fixes can affect the existing data on your phone and therefore, you should have a separate backup created outside the phone. To do that, you can use a sophisticated software like iMyFone iTransor Backup & Restore tool for iPhone which is renamed from iMyFone D-Port Pro. Please be noted that iTransor won’t store any data of your phone, the backup file will directly store on your computer.
- It can selectively backup and restore important data like contacts, messages, WhatsApp and WeChat.
- It doesn’t affect the existing backups.
- It is compatible with over 18 data types.
- It works with latest iOS devices and OS versions like iOS 12/13/14/15 too.
- It is FREE to back up your device.
How to selectively backup your device for free
- Download iMyFone iTransor and install it on computer.
- Select Acquire Backup from Device & iCloud and go to Back Up Device.
- Connect the device to the computer and select the data types you want to selectively backup. You’re also allowed to select a path to save the files you back up.
- At the end of the backup process, you will get a message to remind you of the successful process.
We hope that the above methods may help you repairing FaceTime unavailable issue. Please be sure to back up your device on regular basis to minimize the loss of important files. If you feel that this article provides you some assistance, please let us know. Your feedback is the best encouragement for us!