iPhone is equipped with Apple's very own parental control feature that allows you to restrict certain content and functions of your device. This feature requires you to set a password so only you can put restrictions. If you have forgotten parental control password, then don't worry; there is a way to find it back.
How to Find Back the Parental Control Password?
Following is the two-step method to find back the iPhone parental control password:
Step 1: Back Up Your iPhone Via iTunes
In order to find back your parental control password, you will need to first back up your device via iTunes. You may be already familiar with the process. It is quite straightforward. Here are the detailed steps:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and choose 'Trust This Computer' option on your iPhone if prompted.
- In iTunes, click on your iPhone shown on the home interface.
- Click the Back Up Now button to create the backup. The backup process will begin. Once it is completed, it will be shown on the Summary screen. You can find it under Latest Backup section.
Note: If you are using iOS 12, you have to check the "Encrypt iPhone backup" option.
Step 2: Use Pinfinder to Find the Passcode
Pinfinder is a useful software that works by examining the unencrypted iPhone backup that you have created via iTunes. It allows you to find your parental control password very easily. The method to find the passcode is very reliable and consistent:
- Download Pinfinder software, install, and then launch it on your Windows PC. It is recommended that you run the program as administrator so that there are no issues.
- Pinfinder will examine your latest iPhone backup and list its details such as your device name, backup time, etc. From the list of details, you can find your parental control passcode under the RESTRICTIONS PASSCODE.
- Note the password and then press Enter to exit.
Step 3: Use the Recovered Passcode to Disable Screen Time
Now that you have found your Restrictions password back, using it to disabling the Screen Time feature on your device is a fairly simple task. All you need to do is use the Settings app and select Turn Off Screen Time. Follow these instructions to disable Screen Time:
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Screen Time.
- Now in this section, scroll and find the Turn Off Screen Time option, then tap it.
- Confirm your action by tapping the Turn Off Screen Time option again when prompted.
Bonus Tip 1: Two Popular Parental Control Apps
If you prefer using a third-party parental control app, then read the following guide to find out the one reach your requirement.
Parental Control App - Kidslox
Kidslox parental control is an ideal app when it comes to managing your family's screen time. The app is equipped with a lot of features such as filtering web content, blocking internet, apps, and more. You can add as many iDevices for management as you want. The app is highly useful for parents who want to place daily limits on their kid's screen time.
- Select and disable any apps you want on your kid's device.
- Conveniently set daily limits on your kid's screen time.
- You can set Screen Time limits via Schedules for free family time, bedtime, dinnertime, etc.
- Several Screen Time modes to choose from i.e. Parent mode, Child mode, and Lockdown mode.
- Block internet access with one touch.
Circle: Smart Family Controls
Circle is another powerful parental control app that provides a smart way for families to manage and organize content and time online, on any device. All the devices in the Circle need to be connected with your home Wi-Fi otherwise the parental controls won't work as intended.
- Implement daily time limits on popular websites and apps via the Time Limits feature.
- Separate Filter levels for all the devices in the Circle.
- BedTimes feature allows you to set daily limits to prevent your kids from late night surfing.
- Block the Internet with a single touch. You can also block access for each family member individually.
- Schedule Internet-free times via OffTimes feature.
Bonus Tip 2: Best Tool to Manage iPhone Storage
If you are looking for a reliable iOS Data Eraser to manage and organize your iPhone storage, then look no further than iMyFone Umate Pro. With this software, you can protect your privacy by erasing your private data permanently, erase all data permanently with a single click for a complete reset, clean junk/temporary files to boost your device's performance, and more.
- Clean up junk/cache files/large files which are taking up huge amount of space on your iPad.
- Compress photos to reduce their size and save space without compromising the photo quality.
- Uninstall unused apps in bulk to free up space with a single click.
- Scan and permanently erase all kinds of private data icluding iOS data and third-party apps' data.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world: MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Speed up Your iPhone
Step 1. Open iMyFone Umate Pro and conenct your iPhone.
Step 2. Select 1-Click Free Up Space function, and Quick Scan button. It will start scanning.
Step 3. After scanning, you'll be told how much storage can be freed up, you can click the clean button to clean up the space.