You can also read this guide in Français.
Do you worry about your privacy? Does it bother you to think that someone could look through your iPhone after you’ve deleted your WhatsApp messages and find out what you wrote? You’re not just being paranoid: Unless you delete your WhatsApp messages permanently using third-party software that can really scrub your iPhone clean, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to hackers or people snooping on your private conversations.
Why Delete WhatsApp Messages from iPhone?
Some WhatsApp messages are very private and sensitive that you would not want anyone gaining access to them. You may also want to sell your iPhone or give it away. What happens to the WhatsApp messages on your iPhone then? It is reasonable to delete those messages to protect not only your privacy but also those people you have chatted with.
Part 1. Permanently Erase iPhone WhatsApp Messages, 100% Unrecoverable (iOS 11 Supported)
No other tool comes close to the efficiency of iMyFone iOS Data Eraser or iMyFone iOS Data Eraser for Mac. This is a powerful tool that can do the job you want – erase WhatsApp messages permanently from iPhone. This software has two erase options that will get the job done easily.
- Erase Private Data: This erase mode in iMyFone Umate Pro enables you to delete the current WhatsApp messages permanently, as well as any attachments. None of this data can be recovered after this has been done.
- Erase Private Fragments: Third-party apps, like WhatsApp, can leave private fragments behind and you may not even realize it. Fragments left behind also leave security hazard. They can be found out and permanently destroyed. Then no trace of recovery will be left behind.
It's really easy to use iMyFone iOS Data Eraser to permanently delete WhatsApp messages from iPhone:
Step 1: You just need to connect your iPhone, and launch iMyFone iOS Data Eraser.
Step 2: Choose "Erase Private Data" and hit "Scan" button. Then you can preview and select WhatsApp messages or attachments and tap "Erase Now".
Step 3: Type "delete" into the box to confirm and start the erasing process.
No doubt, using iMyFone Data Eraser to delete WhatsApp messages on your iPhone is the best decision you can make right now. And the usefulness of the software does not end there. There are other powerful functions:
- iPhone Space Saver: Use iMyFone to perform this function and you will be able to get huge space back on your device by compressing iPhone photos, deleting in bulk multiple photos/videos/Apps ect.
- iOS Tune Up: By removing all hidden iPhone junk fils and temporary files, your iDevice will run smoothly! WhatsApp cache will be cleaned as well.
- Erase Deleted Files: Manually deleting data is just invisible from your device. They can be found out and permanently deleted if they are still under the risk of recovery.
- Erase All Data: If you are planning to sell your old iPhone or send it to repair, then not only personal WhatsApp messages, but also all iPhone private data, should be erased permanently. To do this, we choose iMyFone instead of "Factory Reset" because data erased by iMyFone is 100% unrecoverable!
Part 2. How to Simply Delete WhatsApp Message(s) from iPhone
WhatsApp has features that one can easily follow to remove a message or multiple messages at once from iPhone 7. The following steps will assist you to get rid of the WhatsApp messages you want to delete from your iPhone quickly.
How to Delete Messages from WhatsApp
- Launch WhatsApp on you iPhone. Click on the conversation.
- Press down on a message you wish to delete. Locate Delete icon and tap.
- Click on the other messages you want to delete and tap on the trash can icon. And the messages will be deleted.
As you can see, it is not hard to delete your WhatsApp messages. When you have completed the steps above, your WhatsApp messages should be gone. Now, if your wish is to delete all chat history from WhatsApp, you need to follow a different set of steps.
How to Delete Chat History from WhatsApp
The following steps will assist you to delete chat history quickly from WhatsApp.
- Once WhatsApp is launched, head over to the Chats screen.
- In the top left corner, you will see "Edit." Tap on it.
- Now touch the red circle that is on the left of the chat you want to delete.
- You will see "Delete." Tap it to delete the chat.
The above are the simple steps to delete your iPhone WhatsApp chat. However, if you want to delete a Group Chat, an Exit button will appear instead of Delete. When you exit, just swipe to the left again and tap "More." Finally, click on "Delete Group".