Just look around some online forums, you will come across complaints from iPhone users who have been having a problem deleting Whatsapp messages from their device. Those users of iPhone are simply confused or could not follow simple instructions to delete the messages directly from the device. However, the real issue is how to delete the WhatsApp messages permanently, meaning that the deleted messages could not be recovered by any data recovery software.
Why Delete Whatsapp Messages from iPhone?
Some WhatsApp messages are very private and sensitive that you would not want anyone gaining access to them. In another instance, if you may want to sell your iPhone or give it out, what happens to the WhatsApp messages in iPhone? So, it is reasonable to delete those messages to protect not only your privacy but also those people you have chatted with. But, how can you do this?
Part 1: How to Simply Delete Whatsapp Message(s) from iPhone
Whatsapp has features that one can easily follow to remove a message or multiple messages at once from iPhone 7. The following steps will assist you to get rid of WhatsApp messages you want to delete from iPhone quickly.
- Launch Whatsapp on you iPhone 7. Click on the conversation.
- Press down on a message you wish to delete. Locate Delete icon and tap.
- Click on the other messages you want to delete and tap on the trash can icon. And the Messages deleted.
As you can see, it is not hard to delete your WhatsApp messages. When you have completed the steps above, your Whatsapp messages should be gone. Now, if your wish is to delete all chat history from Whatsapp, you need to follow a different step.
How to Delete Chat History from Whatsapp
The following steps will assist you to delete chat history quickly from Whatsapp.
- Once Whatsapp is launched, head over to the Chats screen.
- In the top left corner, you will see "Edit." Tap on it.
- Now, touch the red circle that is on the left of the chat you want to delete.
- You will see "Delete." Tap it to delete the chat.
The above are the simple steps to delete your iPhone WhatsApp chat. However, if you want to delete a Group Chat, an Exit button will appear instead of Delete. When you exited, just swipe to the left again and tap "More." Finally, click on "Delete Group."
Although deleting Whatsapp messages and chats using the two steps above will delete your messages, they can still be recovered through recovery tool. If you do not want this to happen, then you need to delete your messages and chat permanently. The only powerful way to do that is by using iMyFone iPhone data eraser.
Part 2: Permanently Erase iPhone WhatsApp Messages to Avoid Privacy Leak
No other tool comes close to the efficiency of iMyFone iOS Data Eraser or iMyFone iOS Data Eraser for Mac. This is a powerful tool that can do the job you want – erase Whatsapp messages permanently from iPhone. This software has two erase options that will get the job done easily.
- Erase Deleted Files: This mode is your best choice to erase deleted Whatsapp messages from your iPhone permanently. Once you use this erase mode, no one can recover the messages again, even with the use of any recovery tool.
- Erase Private Data: This erase mode in iMyFone Umate Pro enables you to delete the current WhatsApp messages permanently, and it cannot be recovered.
- Erase All Data: If you are planning to sell your old iPhone or send it to repair, then not only personal WhatsApp messages, but also all iPhone private data, should be erased permanently. To do this, we choose iMyFone instead of "Factory Reset" because data erased by iMyFone is 100% unrecoverable!
Once you use these erase modes, you would have succeeded in erasing the Whatsapp messages completely.
It's really easy to use iMyFone iOS Data Eraser to permanently delete WhatsApp messages from iPhone, you just need to connect your iPhone to the program > choose the erase mode > click "Erase Now" to erase messages.
No doubt, using iMyFone Data Eraser to delete Whatsapp messages on your iPhone is the best decision you can make right now. And the usefulness of the software does not end there. There are other powerful functions:
- iPhone Space Saver: Use iMyFone to perform this function and you will be able to get huge space back on your device by compressing iPhone photos, deleting in bulk multiple photos/videos/Apps ect.
- iOS Tune Up: By removing all hidden iPhone junk fils and temporary files, your iDevice will run smoothly!
- iPhone Files Exporter: With Umate Pro, you can transfer all your iPhone photos and videos to PC with just 1-click!
So far you have seen the benefits of using iMyFone to delete Whatsapp message permanently on iPhone. It is time to get this software and benefit from its functions.