The iPhone have the best quality cameras, the latest iPhone – iPhone 7 shoots pictures at 12MPx and videos at 4K resolutions. This means each photo size on iPhone 7 will be between 3MB to 5MB depending on colors. However, the built in camera app does not offer any capabilities for you to reduce the size of these images.
If you own a 32GB iPhone, iPhone storage would be your most precious aspect and you would try hard even to save one 1MB. You would not want to delete all the photos in your iPhone as well. That’s why we need to compress photos on iPhone.
4 Ways to Compress Photos on iPhone
1 Take A Screenshot of Your Images
Okay, hands up, this seems crude, but it works, and that all that matters. The only downside to this is that it takes time to take a screenshot of all your photos. A great tip is to start early before your pictures are much. To take a screenshot of an image, do the following:
- Scroll to the image you want to compress.
- Tap the home button simultaneously with the sleep/wake button.
- The screen will flash to alert you that a screenshot has been taken.
2 Email Your Photos to Yourself
When you’re about to send photos via emails, iOS prompts you to choose a size for the image or to keep the actual size. You can choose the medium option to ensure the picture quality is not affected too much. This is rather easy way to do the iPhone photo compression.
3 Compress Photo Library
Maybe Apple's built-in solution is probably the simplest one. It can remove all your photos from iPhone online to iCloud. You can see this?picture in the Photos app. Once you select a photo to open it, it will be downloaded from iCloud. The app manages what's stored locally and what's on the cloud on its own, but the premise? Is that? You are on a fast enough connection.
However, this solution may be inconvenient if you have poor Internet connectivity or limited data plans. To turn this on, go to iPhone/ iPad Settings > Photos & Camera. Now select Optimize iPhone Storage. Apple's iCloud offers just 5GB space for free, if you want to get more space, you have to pay for it.
4 Use A Third-Party iPhone Photo Compressor
There are a variety of third-party iPhone photo compressors, however, not all apps can compress files to about 25% of their initial size without losing any invisible quality. iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac does exactly this and much more! Apart from easily compressing your iPhone photos, you can manage your photos using Umate Pro including mass deletion of photos.
The process of compressing photos through iMyFone Umate Pro is a simple one and you will be able to do it within a couple of minutes. Now let's check out how it compress photos easily.
Step 1. Run iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer and connect your iOS device to it.
Step 2. Go to "Photos" option, choose "Backup & Compress" to compress iPhone photos and all your original photos will be backed up and exported to your PC firstly.
Step 3. Then, the program will start to compress photos and recover 75% of your iPhone photos' storage.
It takes a very little time for iMyFone Umate Pro to compress the photos stored in your iPhone. You don’t need to go through any complicated processes or spend a lot of time on this. The photo compression capabilities of this app are impressive and you will be able to save a significant amount of space.
- Clean Photo Cache: Invisible cache would unknowingly occupy much of your iPhone storage. It will find and remove 30+ hidden junk files, and photo cache is inclusive. This function is totally FREE!
- Export Photos: Mass photos can be backed up to computer before compressing or deleting. Or you can only choose to export the photos.
- Mass Delete Photos: There is "Seletct All" option provided to delete all photos once. You don't need to choose one by one.
- Permanently Delete Photos: Photos simply deleted are recoverable. You can apply the erasure here to permanently destroy photos, without any chance of recovery.
- Destroy Deleted Photos: Simply deleted photos can be found here and permanently destroyed. No trace of recovery will be left then.
In fact, Umate Pro is not only an iPhone photo manager, it provides so many powerful functions:
- Clear up Temporary Files : Clear up invisible temporary files, like downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files.
- Mass Delete Videos/Apps : This will get back huge storage for your in just several clicks.
- Permanently Erase WhatsApp : Erase both current and deleted WhatsApp messages and attachments (photos, videos etc.). The erase data cannot be recovered by any recovery tool.