My iPhone says "not enough storage" even though I have only 11 pictures, 102 songs, and 8 apps... it won’t let me take photos or videos on Snapchat. Also when I try to solve the problem in Usage, it never loads where my storage is going. ---Mark
This is not an exception for iPhone users to encounter iPhone not enough storage problem even if you don’t install many apps or store big files. You check folders and apps one by one, but still, can't make it clear what eat up you storage. You just wonder "why iPhone says no storage space but there is?!" "what should i do?"
Don't worry. We still can do something to get iPhone storage back. This article explains five different tips to get back your iPhone storage.
Five Tips to Get More Storage for iPhone
1 Clear up All Useless Junk Files: App Caches, Cookies, Crash Logs etc.
Want a free feature that allows you clear useless files such as app cache, corrupted files, and crash logs? In case you didn’t know, Useless junk files such as app cache, corrupted files, and crash logs accumulates as time going by, it affects the overall performance of the iPhone, makes the iOS to lag and be sluggish, and can occupy precious storage space. iPhone says not enough storage but there is, you just need to is remove all these invisible app caches.
Hence, all iPhone junk files should be cleared to restore your iPhone to its optimal performance. iMyFone iPhone Cleaner / iMyFone iPhone Cleaner for Mac offers its "Clear Junk Files" feature free and enables you improve performance and clear up more space on your device. Again this feature is absolutely FREE!
2 Delete Your Old iPhone Backups
iCloud storage only offers 5GB of backup storage space. However, if your iPhone is plugged to a power source, connected to a Wi-Fi network and locked, it will automatically start backing up files.
Hence, when your iCloud has no storage space left to contain your files, you will start getting the famous "Not Enough Storage on iPhone" message. To avoid this and put an end to this alert, follow the underlying steps:
- Launch your iPhone Settings App.
- Click on General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
- If there are old iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 files that are still backed up in your iCloud account, click on them and tap on Delete Backup from the pop-up menu.
However, when it is only your current device that is synchronized to your iCloud account, it will leave you with no other option than to buy more iCloud storage space, which in most cases is not necessary. Kindly read further on how to avoid paying for more storage.
3 Common Solutions According to Usage
In order to be sure that "iPhone says no storage"is stemming from low storage space on your iPhone, launch the Settings App, go to General > Storage & iCloud. You will see the available storage space on the storage section. If the remaining storage is less than 1 GB, then it is evident that your storage is full, check to see the apps that are taking the highest amount of storage by clicking on Manage Storage.
- iMessages App: If the message app is taking a huge chunk of your storage space, delete the conversations, related videos and pictures in the iMessage App to free up your iPhone storage space.
- Photos App: If photos are taking the bigger share of your iPhone storage space, you can backup the higher resolution photos to iCloud and leave the lower resolution on your device by enabling the iCloud Photo Library (go to Settings > iCloud >Photos).
- Other Apps: If other apps like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are occupying your iPhone storage space, you can delete the iPhone Apps you no longer use to create more space for your important files.
4 Purchase More iCloud Storage
iCloud storage space can easily add up when you have more than one iOS device associated to the account. 5GB may not be enough to contain your files and you may need to buy more iCloud Space. To fix not enough space on iPhone by purchasing more storage space, follow the underlying steps:
- Launch the Settings app and click on iCloud.
- Click on storage and select Buy More Storage.
- Choose a plan that is most suitable for you. After which the money will be deducted from your iTunes account periodically until you cancel of change your plan.
You can choose to move to any of the available upgrades: 5GB for $0.99, 50GB for $2.99 and ITB (1000 GB) for $9.99 monthly according to your needs. It should be noted that buying extra storage space should always be a last resort.
5 All-in-One Solution for iPhone Space Saving
It employs more than 25 analysis technology to analyze your iPhone device data. The program presents the result in a way for you to know the highest storage space hog on your iPhone; it presents a list on how your iPhone space is being used and offer options on how to clear up these files and apps selectively in one click.
- Clear up Junk Files: Clear up 30+ junk files for your iPhone by one click, including app caches/cookies/crash logs.
- Remove Temporary Files: Regain storage by removing hidden temporary files like downloaded temp files, user storage files and corrupted files.
- Reduce Photo Space: Compress & mass delete photos to reclaim at least 75% of Photo Space.
- Bulk Delete Videos: Auto detect all videos over 5MB, then delete in bulk these large files to release space for iPhone.
- Auto Back up: Back up automatically all the original photos and videos on PC before compression and deletion.
- Manage Apps: List all Apps according to size for previewing and selectively removing unused Apps to manage iPhone Space.
- Erase Private Data: Private iOS data, such as personal messages, photos, call histories, WhatsApp messages& files, etc. will be completely erased in this mode and the erased data cannot recovery by any data recovery software.
- Erase Deleted Files: Deleted files don’t leave your device when you tap the “Delete” button, it remains on your device and opens you up to different privacy risks. Umate Pro can find out all invisible previously deleted files and permanently erase them.
And if you would like to experience iMyFone Umate, the free trial version is available for both Windows and Mac now, which offers space-saving analysis, once junk files clean-up, latest 5 photos’ compression and one app’s uninstallation. With Umate, you won't wonder any more "iPhone says i have no storage but i do"! Umate will make every KB of your iPhone storage be maximize used.
Using the iMyFone Umate to fix the problem of "not enough storage on iPhone" is just simple by following the steps below:
Step 1: First download and install the iMyFone software on your PC/Mac and open the application, then connect iPhone to your computer. Note that iTunes must be installed on your computer.
Step 2: Choose the "1-Click Free Up Space" tab and click on "Quick Scan" to know storage space of your iPhone.
Step 3: Select the file type that you want to delete and click on "Clean" button.
This is just it. iMyFone Umate cleans your device within minutes and ensure your device is restored to a better state.
By the foregoing 5 tips, I believe you have learned how to clear iPhone to get enough storage. You think which one is the best? And if you know other useful methods, please leave a comment to share it!