My iPhone says "not enough storage" even though I have only 11 pictures, 102 songs, and 8 apps... it won’t let me take photos or videos on Snapchat. Also when I try to solve the problem in Usage, it never loads where my storage is going. ---Mark
This is not an exception for iPhone users to encounter iPhone not enough storage problem, even if you don’t install many apps or store big files. You check folders and apps one by one, but still, can't make it clear what eat up you storage. You just wonder "why iPhone says no storage space but there is?!" "What should I do?"
Don't worry. We still can do something to get iPhone storage back. This article explains six different tips to get back your iPhone storage.
- Tip 1. Clear Up All Useless Junk Files in One Click
- Tip 2. Clear Up Specific Apps to Fix Not Enough Storage iPhone
- Tip 3. Store Photos in iCloud
- Tip 4. Don't Keep Both Photos When Enabling HDR Mode
- Tip 5. Delete Old Text Messages When Not Enough Storage on iPhone
- Tip 6. Delete Large Media to Quickly Get Back iPhone Storage
Six Tips to Fix "Not Enough Storage" on iPhone
1 Clear Up All Useless Junk Files in One Click
In case you don’t know, useless junk files such as app cache, corrupted files, and crash logs accumulates as time going by, which occupies precious storage space, makes the iOS to lag and to be sluggish.
Hence, all iPhone junk files should be cleared when iPhone says not enough storage to restore your iPhone to its optimal performance.
2 Clear Up Specific Apps to Fix Not Enough Storage iPhone
In order to be sure that "iPhone says no storage"is stemming from low storage space on your iPhone, launch the Settings App, go to General > Storage & iCloud. You will see the available space on the storage section. If the remaining storage is less than 1 GB, then it is evident that your storage is full, check to see the apps that are taking the highest amount of storage by clicking on Manage Storage.
- Mail App: If you frequently receive or send emails on your iPhone, the mail app will occupy huge space. The fast way to delete all emails is to log out the account and emails about this account will be deleted from iPhone.
- Safari App: If you always use Safari but never clean it, it should store much history. You can remove all Safari cache and history in "Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website".
- Other Apps: If other apps like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. are occupying your iPhone storage space, you can delete the iPhone Apps you no longer use to create more space for your important files.
3 Store Photos in iCloud
If photos are taking the bigger share of your iPhone storage space, you can back up the higher resolution photos to iCloud and leave the lower resolution on your iPhone when no storage on iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app and click on iCloud.
- Click on Photos.
- Enable iCloud Photo Library and check Optimize iPhone Storage. The original photos will be stored in iCloud and the optimized photos will be left on your iPhone.
Note: Apple provides 5GB free iCloud space for each account. If it's not enough, you can choose to move to any of the available upgrades: 50GB for $0.99, 200GB for $2.99 and ITB for $9.99 monthly according to your needs.
4 Don't Keep Both Photos When Enabling HDR Mode
The High Dynamic Range (HDR) feature of iPhone gives you the best quality. So, there is no reason to keep the normal version of the photos in lower quality on your iPhone to cover free space.
Disable the "Keep Normal Photo" feature in “Settings > Photos & Camera" and just keep the HDR photos.
This will prevent Photos app not occupy much waste space in the future.
5 Delete Old Text Messages When Not Enough Storage on iPhone
- Directly Delete Messages: Open Message app > tap "Edit" at the upper-left corner > select unwanted messages > tap "Delete" icon.
- Automatically Delete Old Messages: Go to Settings > Message > Keep Messages" and tap "30 Days". All the messages older than 30 days will be deleted from your iPhone.
6 Delete Large Media to Quickly Get Back iPhone Storage
Large movies, music, music video, podcasts, etc. could easily eat up your iPhone storage space. Deleting unwanted media files is the quickest way fix "iPhone not enough storage". It's not easy to delete media files on iPhone as some of them are hidden.
Luckily, iMyFone iPhone Manager can help you to find out all videos/music/photos/apps on iPhone. With it, you can back up media to computer/iTunes or and delete them from iPhone in clicks to fix "not enough storage iPhone".
It offers you a FREE trial to experience its features. Its deletion feature is always free.
Using iMyFone iPhone Manager to fix the problem of "not enough storage on iPhone" is just simple by following the steps below.
Step 1: Launch iMyFone software on your PC and connect your iPhone.
Step 2: Choose the specific media tab at the top, like "Videos". All your videos will be shown. Select the videos you want to back up and delete.
Step 3: Hit "Export > Export to PC/iTunes" to transfer videos to computer.
Step 4: Then hit "Delete" botton to clean the selected videos from iPhone.
This is just it. You won't lose any media files but have a large amount of free space on iPhone.
Key-features of iMyFone iPhone Manager
- Remove duplicates: Duplicate music/video/photos can be detected and easily removed.
- Store media in iTunes/PC instead of iPhone: Don't let large media store on iPhone and eat up much space. Just store them in iTunes/PC for future need.
- Delete media at will: Simply delete photos/music/videos/apps either in bulk or whole.
- Share music within different Apple IDs: Have a large music collection from 2-5 iDevices and sync all these collection to 2-5 iPhone without replacing previous music.
- iMyFone Tools are trusted by thousands of users (every year) and reported by well-known media around the world
By the foregoing 6 tips, I believe you have learned how to clear iPhone to get enough storage. You think which one is the best? And if you know other useful methods, please leave a comment to share it!