Safari reading list gives you the opportunity to save pages and articles in order to read them later. It is just like a cross between bookmark and a reading service. When a page is added to your reading list, what safari does is to temporarily bookmark the page in addition to making it accessible offline.
Unlike Bookmarks, safari reading list can be discarded when we have read what you have saved on it. For example, if you have saved product information on the reading list, it probably makes no sense once you have read it. The saved Safari reading list may cause many problems: storage issues, privacy leakage etc. Now let’s have a look at how to clear reading list on iPhone.
Part 1 How to Clear Safari Offline Reading List Cache
Clearing safari offline reading cache is necessary, because it helps in saving storage and will not remove items from the reading list.
To clear safari offline reading list cache, follow the steps below.
- Enter Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
- A pop list appears. Choose Safari from the list.
- Click on Edit at the top right corner.
- Tap red Delete button and hit Delete again to confirm.
This process will clear safari offline reading list cache.
Part 2 How to Delete Safari Reading List on iPhone
1Delete Safari Reading List on iPhone One by one
If you do not have too many reading lists, then you can delete Safari reading list on iPhone one by one.
It's easy to do that, you just need to select the reading list that you want to remove, then swipe left, and the option of "Delete" will appear, tap on it to delete the reading list.
2Mass Delete All Safari Reading List at Once
You can also delete all Safari items at once on your iPhone. The following steps are applicable.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and then Safari, you will see Clear History and Website Data there.
- Choose the option and then hit Clear History and Data to confirm.
Kindly note that, you must enable iCloud and Safari backup to iPhone and iCloud respectively, but must turn it off immediately in order to see the option of clearing all Safari data on iPhone.
- Clearing Safari Offline Reading List cache will not remove some important items from the reading list. However, it will not delete all unnecessary junk files. To remove all iPhone junk files, try the FREE trial version of iMyFone Umate Pro, it's free but effective.
- Clear History and Website Data will help you to remove all cookies, history and temp data on Safari, which will also delete some important data or files.
Part 3 All-in-one Solution for iPhone Space Saving & Privacy Protection
While there are many programs that can clean your iPhone, I recommend you to use the iMyFone iPhone Eraser / iMyFone iPhone Eraser for Mac which is one of the best iPhone cleaners and erasers. It utilizes one click to free up massive space for your iPhone and permanent erasure to avoid privacy leak. This iPhone cleaner is much more effective than clearing reading list on iPhone for space saving and privacy protection.
- Remove junk & temporary files: Clear up useless junk and temporary files to free up iPhone storage and booster up iPhone. These files include app caches, cookies, crash logs, user storage files, corrupted files etc.
- Compress photos: The photo compression can reclaim 75% of your photo storage.
- Mass deletion: Mass delete multiple photos/videos/Apps to save huge iPhone space.
- Auto backup: Back up automatically the original photos and videos on PC before compression and deletion.
- Erase deleted files: Detect the deleted files and permanently erase them to avoid privacy leak.
- Erase private data: Erase permanently sensitive messages, notes, photos, videos, even WhatsApp data, the erased data cannot recovered by any data recovery software, so your privacy will be completely secure.
iMyFone Umate Pro Using Steps
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer where you installed the software.
Step 2: Choose the cleanup mode and hit "Scan" button. When it finishes, you will see the complete analysis result of your iPhone.
Step 3: Hit "Clean"/"Erase" button of the specific item you want to clear and it will start cleaning.
Useful Tips: How to Add Links and Websites to Reading List
For people who do not have enough time to read some useful articles on Safari in their iPhone, it is possible to add the links and websites to the reading list in order to read them at a later time. The following is a step by step guide on how to achieve this purpose.
Step 1: Open “Safari” on the home screen.
Step 2: Open the website that contains the useful articles.
Step 3: Tap “Bookmark” and tap “Add to Reading List”.
Note: You can also add links and websites to reading list through the use of share icon or via the link itself. Whichever way you choose, you can add those important links to your reading list on your iPhone.