Safari reading list gives you the opportunity to save pages and articles in order to read them later. It is just like a cross between bookmark and a reading service. When a page is added to your reading list, what safari does is to temporarily bookmark the page in addition to making it accessible offline.
Unlike Bookmarks, safari reading list can be discarded when we have read what you have saved on the reading list, because they can eat up the storage of your iPhone. For example, if you have saved product information on the reading list, it probably makes no sense once you have read it. Now let’s have a look at how to clear reading list on iPhone.
Part 1 How to Clear Safari Offline Reading List Cache
Clearing safari offline reading cache is necessary, because it helps in saving storage and will not remove items from the reading list.
To clear safari offline reading list cache, follow the steps below.
- Enter Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.
- A pop list appears. Choose Safari from the list.
- Click on Edit at the top right corner.
- Tap red Delete button and hit Delete again to confirm.
This process will clear safari offline reading list cache.
Part 2 How to Mass Delete All Items on Reading List at Once on iPhone
You can delete all items at once on your reading list on your iPhone. The following steps are applicable.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and then Safari, you will see Clear History and Website Data there.
- Choose the option and then hit Clear History and Data to confirm.
Kindly note that, you must enable iCloud and Safari back up to iPhone and iCloud respectively but must turn it off immediately in order to see the option of clearing all safari data on iPhone.
- Clearing Safari Offline Reading List cache will not remove some important items from the reading list. However, it will not delete some unnecessary junk files.
- Clear History and Website Data will help you to remove all cookies, history and temp data on Safari, which will also delete some important data or files.
Part 3 One-Click to Free Up Huge Space on iPhone
While there are many programs that can clean your iPhone, I recommend you to use the iMyfone iPhone Eraser / iMyfone iPhone Eraser for Mac which is one of the best iPhone cleaners and erasers to free up space for your iOS devices in the world. It utilizes one click to free up massive space for your iPhone. If you want to make enough storage space on iPhone, use this iPhone cleaner is much more effective than clearing reading list on iPhone.
- One click to free up huge space by removing junk files, temporary files, unwanted photos and apps.
- Compress photos losslessly but save 75% photo storage.
- Back up first and then mass delete large files.
- Erase all the settings and contents on iOS device with zero chance of recovery.
- Recover and permanently erase the private data and delted files.