You can also read this guide in Français.
For this situation, if you just want to delete photos from iPhone without deleting from iCloud for iPhone storage freeing up purpose.This post will give you the answer and tell you some solutions to do.
Part 1: Get Familiar with the iCloud Photo Sync
For the question "If I delete photos from iPhone is it deleted from iCloud ?", you should have the basic knowledge of iCloud Photo sync on iPhone. iPhone will enable the iCloud Photos syncing in default, and then it will automaticaly sync with your photo library. So, with this feature, photos that are deleted from iPhone will be deleted from iCloud as well automatically.
For how to delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud, you can take some complex steps on iPhone directly or finish it in one click with the help of 3rd party tool. The solutions can be introduced in the following part.
Part 2: One-click Way to Delete Photos from iPhone but Not iCloud
When comes to erase data from iPhone or free up spaces on iPhone/iPad/iPoud, a tool named iMyFone Umate Pro comes to our mind. Umate Pro is an application that allows manage iPhone files without hassle. It can delete all the junk files, deleted files, private data, private fragments and erase all data on iPhone with just one ccick. It is admired by many users from all the world as well as positive comments from many famous medias. Now, let's explore how does it work on deleting photos from iPhone but iCloud and its wonderful features.
iMyFone Umate Pro: All-in-one iPhone Data Eraser
- Delete all photos from iPhone without deleting from icloud, and their cached files can also be deleted.
- If you don't want to delete the photos, you can compress them to save 75% of photo storage space, with a backup for original photos on PC.
- Permanently Delete sensitive photos from iPhone without leaving any possibility of recovery.
- Erase previously deleted photos to make such photos 100% unrecoverable.
- Also erase third-party app photos, like WhatsApp/WeChat/Viber/Kik photos.
- Fully compatible with iOS 14 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, getintopc.com, pocket-lint.com, macbed.com etc.
2 Steps to Delete Photos from iPhone but not iCloud
Step 1: Install Umate Pro on your computer. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open Umate Pro. Click Photos icon. Now the program will start to scan photos on your iPhone.
Step 2: Click Delete icon to delete Photos on your iPhone. Now the program will start the delete process.
Part 3: Other Relatively Complex Way to Delete Photos from My iPhone but Keep Them in iCloud
Besides the simple way as mentioned above, there are 2 other manual way to delete phots from your device. It can be time consuming. Follow the steps below:
Way 1. Disable "iCloud Photo Library"
The first way to do this is by disabling the iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone to stop syncing. Follow these steps to do it:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Tap on your name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Photos.
- Under Photos, you can slide a switch to turn off your iCloud Photo Library.
- To get rid of iCloud Photo Library on all of your devices, follow steps #1 to #3, but then go to iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library, then choose Disable and Delete.
Way 2. Sign out of iCloud Before Deleting Photos
Alternatively, you can also just sign out of your iCloud account before deleting the photos on your iPhone, by which you can delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap where it says Sign Out. (You will have to scroll.)
- Tap Sign Out again to confirm.
- Choose whether you want to keep it on your iPhone or delete it from your iPhone.
You will have to go through these steps with every device that you want delete photos from iPhone but not iCloud.
Note also that if you sign back in, iCloud will automatically start sharing your pictures with the device again.
It may not be obvious at first on how to delete photos from your iPhone but not from iCloud. After following the suggestions above, though, you should be able to get it working. Umate Pro is the safest iOS data eraser that will completely destroy data on iPhone, without leaving any trace. It can release huge storage on your iPhone, and this is a tool can be owned for a long time. Try the free trial version now!