Earlier this month Apple launched its much-anticipated iOS 11 which came with a pack of cool new features, refinement of the already existing features including bug fixes and much more for its fans and loyal Apple brand lovers to enjoy. This enticed a wide move that led to many upgrading to this iOS 11. However, it’s not all good news as reports have indicated iPad and iPhone batteries draining too fast after the iOS 11 update. This battery drying too fast problem may be caused by various scenes and reasons including:
• Specific installed Apps hogging and draining too much power than necessary
• Too many apps running in the background
• Increased iPad or iPhone screen brightness
• Location and GPS Services feature being on all the time
• Raise to Wake feature being on always
• Re-indexing of data on your iPad or iPhone in the first few days after the update.
• Users using their iPad and iPhone more often than usual on an adventure to explore the pack of cool new features coming with the new iOS 11 upgrade leading to a perception that the battery is drying up faster
Solutions to iPhone Battery Drain after iOS 11 Update
If you are one of the people experiencing a faster battery drain in your older iPhone or iPad model after updating to iOS 11, there are a few things you can do to extend your battery life potentially. Some of them include;
1. Make an upgrade to iOS 11.01 on your iPad or iPhone
The new iOS 11 software has come with several issues and bugs that are causing a faster battery dry up ending up draining power at a quicker pace than the previous versions of Apple’s iOS.
To solve this check for Apple’s software updates and bug fixes releases, by going by going to Settings > General > Software Update and checking for the latest iOS 11.01 and download it. This update has been released by Apple to specifically addressing bugs and issues affecting iOS 11.
2. Disabling the Background App Refresh Mode on your iPad or iPhone
When this mode is on, the inactive apps are updated in the background leading to a negative impact on the battery life. Disabling Background App Refresh helps reduce the iPhone battery dries too fast problem after upgrading to iOS 11.
To deactivate this mode, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh > toggle OFF
3. Turning down the brightness of the screen
Maximum screen brightness requires a lot of energy, and this leads to draining of your battery life at a faster rate even after an upgrade to iOS 11.
Screen brightness can be reduced in Settings > Display & Brightness > Brightness > adjust the slider to a lower position
4. Disabling Location Services and Raise to Wake Mode
Some services when on, such as the GPS or the Raise to Wake Mode, significantly reduce the battery life even when your iPhone or iPad is not in use. Unnecessary apps use the GPS Services when on in iOS 11. On the other hand, Rise to Wake Mode when on keeps waking the screen when the phone detects slight movement, for instance, when one is walking or jogging.
To limit apps using the Location services go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services
To turn off Rise to wake mode go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Raise to Wake > toggle OFF
5. Turning on the Low Power Mode
The low power mode helps save on energy and prolong the battery life by turning off some of the unnecessary features and disables background activity. This mode can assist in resolving the faster drying of battery after the iOS 11 upgrade.
To activate this mode, go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode > Toggle to ON
6. Wait for a few days to see if the situation improves
After an upgrade to a new iOS, the device, and the upgraded iOS has the task of re-categorizing and re-indexing files for a smoother and optimized running which occurs in the background or when your device is idle. These background processes cause your battery to dry up faster than usual. The solution to this is to give your device a few days for things to get back to normal after the re-categorizing and re-indexing of files and data is done
7. Taking the extreme measure of downgrading from iOS 11
In some situations, you might try all the solutions above and still, and your battery drains up faster than before the upgrade to iOS 11. In this case, the only fix to your battery problem is to downgrade to the previous iOS Versions which should fix it.
However, before taking the extreme measure of downgrading to the preceding iOS versions, you can attempt the last option, when all the other fix attempts have failed of using iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac
Umate Pro. It’s a third-party application designed and developed by iMyFone as a one-stop solution to iOS issues. It tackles most issues including cleaning up all your iOS junk and temporary files thus improving iPhone performance to optimal speeds which solve the battery draining too fast problem. Other Umate Pro features include
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Eraser
- Ability to preview and selectively erase files that you want to get rid of
- Erase Third-Party Apps private fragments completely and in-depth making your device faster and at the same time improving your privacy
- Erases iPhone data and makes it 100% unrecoverable even by other recovery tools
- 1-click cleanup mode allowing you to clean up hidden garbage and files that are still lurking on your iPhone or iPad making it run slower.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, Makeuseof.com , Cultofmac.com etc.
iMyFone Umate Pro Using Steps
Step 1. Download Umate Pro on your PC and launch it
Step 2. Connect your iPad or iPhone to your PC using a USB cable and wait till Umate Pro App detects it
Step 3. Choose “1-Click Free Up Space” mode and then click on "Quick Scan" for a full space saving analysis
Step 4. After the scanning process finishes, click on clean button to clean up space by erasing junk and temporary files, compress photos, delete large files and remove apps draining your power
Step 5. Once done your device performance and speed increases solving the increased power draining problem after iOS 11 upgrade