There could be a number of reasons why you would need to delete your WhatsApp chat history.
- You could be concerned for your privacy and don’t want others to know who you have been communicating with.
- Perhaps you are afraid that someone could snoop through your phone.
- Maybe you plan to sell your phone or give it away and you don’t want all of your private chats on there.
- Or WhatsApp document and data occupies so much space and you want to clear.
At any rate, if you really value your privacy, you should consider to delete WhatsApp chat history permanently.
How to Delete WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone (Recoverable)
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Chats.
- Go to the bottom and hit “Delete All Chats.”
However, if you just want to delete specific WhatsApp chat history, directly go to “Chats” when you launch WhatsApp, swipe the chat you want to delete to the left. Click on More button and then Delete Chat. Note that you cannot delete WhatsApp chat history in bulk.
Is Manually Deleting WhatsApp Chat History Enough?
If you don’t care that someone could use a third-party tool to recover your conversations from your phone, then maybe it is indeed “enough.” However, if you value your privacy and don’t want your private information getting into the wrong hands, then manually deleting your WhatsApp chat history is not enough at all.
Anyone who is even a little bit technically savvy could easily recover your private conversations. If you exchanged any important information, they could even use sensitive information to steal your identity in a worst case scenario. If you are selling your phone, it’s a good idea to wipe it clean.
How to Delete WhatsApp Chat History Permanently from iPhone (100% Unrecoverable)
How do you make WhatsApp chat history unrecoverable, then? Well, luckily there are data erasers that allow you to find and delete your private data before your privacy is compromised. One such iPhone eraser is iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser for Win/for Mac. This will not only delete your WhatsApp chat history permanently, but all kinds of other private data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser was highly spoken of with secure erasure by MacWorld.
- Permanently delete WhatsApp chat history and make it unrecoverable.
- Erase WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments, etc.selectively or in bulk.
- Erase private WhatsApp fragments that the app leaves behind, which is also for Snapchat, WeChat, Line, Viber, and 10+ third-party apps.
- Find out and permanently delete data that you previously deleted.
- Clear WhatsApp cache from iPhone in 1 click - Junk Files (Free Trial).
Steps to Delete WhatsApp chat history permanently from iPhone
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser on your computer. Open it and connect your iPhone with a cable.
Step 2: Click “Erase Private Data.” And let it scan your iPhone.
Step 3: When scanning done, it will show up all the private data of your iPhone. You can preview and select WhatsApp chat history.
Step 4: After that, you can click on “Erase Now” and then confirm to begin.
Useful Tips of iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser
As an iPhone data eraser, iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser does more than a simple WhatsApp eraser. It has many other great features that make it the perfect app to protect your privacy:
- Permanently erase private messages, call histories, notes, contacts, browsing history, WeChat data and any other iOS files.
- You can permanently erase all data on old iPhone before selling, keeping your privacy safe enough.
- Boost up iPhone by clearing 30+ types of useless files and temporary files from iPhone.
- Photos can be losslessly compressed to save 75% photo space.
- You can clear photos/videos/apps selectively in bulk to save huge space with backup.
How to Delete WhatsApp Chat History – The Best Way
When it comes to deleting your WhatsApp chat history, you have a few options. The best option that gives you the most privacy, though, is by far using iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser to erase your WhatsApp chat history securely and permanently.