There could be a number of reasons why you would need to delete your WhatsApp chat history.
- You could be concerned for your privacy and don’t want others to know who you have been communicating with.
- Perhaps you are afraid that someone could snoop through your phone.
- Maybe you plan to sell your phone or give it away and you don’t want all of your private chats on there.
- Or WhatsApp document and data occupies so much space and you want to clear.
At any rate, if you really value your privacy, you should consider to delete WhatsApp chat history permanently.
How to Delete WhatsApp Chat History from iPhone (Recoverable)
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Chats.
- Go to the bottom and hit “Delete All Chats.”
However, if you just want to delete specific WhatsApp chat history, directly go to “Chats” when you launch WhatsApp, swipe the chat you want to delete to the left. Click on More button and then Delete Chat. Note that you cannot delete WhatsApp chat history in bulk.
Are Deleted WhatsApp Chat History Gone Forever?
If you don’t care that someone could use a third-party tool to recover your conversations from your phone, then maybe it is indeed “enough.” However, if you value your privacy and don’t want your private information getting into the wrong hands, then manually deleting your WhatsApp chat history is not enough at all.
Anyone who is even a little bit technically savvy could easily recover your private conversations. If you exchanged any important information, they could even use sensitive information to steal your identity in a worst case scenario. If you are selling your phone, it’s a good idea to wipe it clean.
How to Delete WhatsApp Chat History Permanently from iPhone (100% Unrecoverable)
How do you make WhatsApp chat history unrecoverable, then? Well, luckily there are data erasers that allow you to find and delete your private data before your privacy is compromised. One such iPhone eraser is iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser for Win/for Mac. This will not only delete your WhatsApp chat history forever, but all kinds of other private data from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.
Options to Delete WhatsApp:
- Preview and select WhatsApp messages, photos, videos, attachments and other private data tp completely erase.
- Wipe private WhatsApp fragments that the app leaves behind, which is also for Snapchat, WeChat, Line, Viber, and 10+ third-party apps.
- Find out and permanently delete data that you previously deleted.
- Free trial to clear WhatsApp cache and all other apps cache from iPhone at once.
Steps to Delete WhatsApp Chat History Permanently from iPhone
Step 1: Download and install iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser on your computer. Open it and connect your iPhone with a cable.
Step 2: Click “Erase Private Data.” And let it scan your iPhone.
Step 3: When scanning done, it will show up all the private data of your iPhone. You can preview and select WhatsApp chat history.
Step 4: After that, you can click on “Erase Now” and then confirm to begin.
Can We Delete WhatsApp Chat History from Both Ends
Actually, the answer is NO!
There is no way to delete WhatsApp chat history both from your device and the recipient's device. The WhatsApp chat history are stored in its server. No one besides WhatsApp can access the files in the server. That's why we could not delete data from other side. (It's a difression that only the Viber app allows you to delete your message from both ends. )
But don't worry, the WhatsApp chats are not stored in the server forever. They will be deleted from server when time is out. It maybe several months.
So what we can do to protect sensitive data from being leaked is to completely erase WhatsApp chats from our own iPhone instead of leaving deleted chats recoverable. iMyFone WhatsApp Eraser is the only one iPhone eraser that supports third-party apps, you should give it a try.