If you’re basically done using WhatsApp and you don’t want to deal with all of the intrusiveness and privacy problems, you might want to delete your account. You might also be wondering what happens when you officially delete your WhatsApp account, just in case you think that you might change your mind. Well, a few different things take place once you get rid of your account for good.
What Happens if I Delete My WhatsApp Account?
When you delete your WhatsApp account, a few things happen that remove your presence from the app entirely:
- Your profile will no longer come up on people's friends lists and groups.
- Your phone number will also no longer have an association with the company.
- Your data will theoretically be removed from WhatsApp's servers.
- All of your chat history will be removed from your device.
This is what happens if you delete your WhatsApp acount: It will be like you never existed on the app, essentially. You probably won't be able to restore all of this data again, even if you sign up to use WhatsApp once more on a later date.
How Do You Delete Your WhatsApp Account on iPhone?
How do you go about actually deleting your account? It's actually ridiculously easy.
- Make sure you have the latest WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Launch WhatsApp and go to “Settings > Account > Delete My Account”.
- Enter your phone number and tap “Delete My Account” to confirm.
Permanently Erase WhatsApp Chats to Avoid Privacy Leak
If you want to delete your account, you need to take a few steps first to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Follow these steps to make sure that you and you alone have access to your data in case anything happens:
1. Back up Your Important WhatsApp Chat & Media
Since it won't be available once you delete your account, go into the “Settings” on WhatsApp, go to "Chats and Calls," and then go to "Chat Backup" and choose the "Back Up Now" option. You can restore the backup after reactivating the server with the same phone number.
2. Permanently Delete Private WhatsApp Data from Your iPhone.
There's actually more to do than most people realize, because just manually deleting WhatsApp will not get rid of all private data. It's still possible to recover the data from your WhatsApp account, even after you have deleted it, since data will still reside on iPhone.
To permanently delete all of your chat logs, pictures, and other material from WhatsApp so that it is totally unrecoverable on your phone, you'll need a professional tool. One program that you can use is iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac, it has a few erase modes that are particularly helpful here:
- Permanently Delete WhatsApp Chats: "Erase Private Data" will remove all of your WhatsApp history and media permanently and render it unrecoverable. You can also delete private data from other apps as well.
- Completely Erase WhatsApp Data Fragments: "Erase Private Fragments" is one of the most important erase modes. This permanently deletes fragments of your apps that are left behind, even when you uninstall them. It will delete private fragments from WhatsApp, SnapChat, Viber, WeChat, Line, and other similar applications.
Simple Steps For Deleting Your Private WhatsApp Data
Step 1: Plug your device into your PC and run Umate Pro.
Step 2: Click on “Erase Private Data.” The application will then scan your device. Soon enough, you will see private data from different apps displayed.
Step 3: Choose the private data for WhatsApp and confirm that you want to delete it.
Umate Pro is the only iOS data eraser supporting to permanently delete WhatsApp data. It will clear your iPhone of all this WhatsApp data and it will erase it permanently, so that no one can hack your iPhone and see previous chat logs or pictures and video that you may have sent. This is an extra layer of protection for your privacy if you intend on truly deleting your WhatsApp account.
Why We Need to Permanently Delete iPhone Private Data
If you only manually delete data and don’t permanently delete it, then you are faced with the problem that other people could potentially find your data. To be able to have true privacy, you need to make the data impossible to recover, which is why using software like Umate Pro is a good idea. Here are two other important modes that you can use to permanently delete your private data:
- Erase Deleted Files: This allows you to remove data that you might have manually deleted in the past. It has everything you need to get rid of every trace of WhatsApp from your device. If you have tried to delete things in the past, you should use this function to see what is still lurking on there.
- Erase All Data: This erases all of the data on the device. It is like a factory reset, only much better, because it actually permanently erases all of your data so that it can’t be recovered, including all of your WhatsApp private data.