You can also read this guide in Français.
Sometimes these issues cannot be prevented, no matter how well you follow directions or take care of the product. Apple knows this can occur and has developed the concept of a hard reset to assist with this issue. The iPad Air 2, while able to overcome many issues of its predecessors, sometimes is still not a perfect item. Therefore, it may freeze, which is why a hard reset on iPad Air 2 may be necessary.
Another reason this may be necessary is if you choose to recycle or exchange your iPad Air 2 for a newer model. iPad Air 2 reset button allows you to bring it to factory settings, allowing you to rebuild your technology, as opposed to throwing it in the trash or donate it without keeping your personal information part of its memory.
How to Hard Reset iPad 2 Manually
1. Plug your iPad 2 to a computer with the latest iTunes software using USB cable and start iTunes.
2. Press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button and Home button for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on your iPad screen.
3. Once the Apple Logo vanishes, release the "Sleep/Wake" button while you still hold down the home button for approximately 5-10 seconds. Check iTunes to see if your iPad 2 has shown up.
4. Shortly after that iTunes will notify you that you are now in Recovery mode. Click on “OK” to continue with the restore process.
5. Next press the “Restore” button and then on “Restore and Update” to confirm.
6. Wait for iTunes to finish.
Traditional Way to Hard Reset iPad Air 2 Using iTunes
Hard reset on iPad Air 2 is not difficult, especially if you have the password. Follow these simple steps to reset your device to the factory settings:
- Make sure your iPad Air 2 is turned off.
- Connect your iPad Air to your computer with a USB cable.
- Press the Home key while connecting the device.
- Open iTunes. (Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer.)
- Allow iTunes to detect your device.
- Click "Restore iPad”.
- Click "Restore and Update" to confirm.
The Safest Way to Reset iPad Air 2, Especially When Return, Resale, Repair
Though the general reset cannot promise zero chance of recovery, it doesn’t mean that there is no way to protect yourself from privacy leak. It is just Apple does not provide option for overwriting data. You can come to some iOS data erasers for help. It is very important especially when you need to return your iPad Air 2, resell it or just send it to repair.
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is a revolutionary program used to securely delete your data from your iOS devices Once data are erased by it, even the most modern recovery tool or talented hackers cannot retrieve them since the original data are being overwritten. iMyFone stands out among all iOS data erasers.
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Eraser
- With advanced analysis technologies, it can even find out the data you previously deleted from your iPad Air 2. You can choose to permanently destroy them.
- It is the No. 1 and only one iOS data eraser which can even individually erase third party app data, like WhatsApp messages & media, Viber messages and media, WeChat chats and media, SnapChat deleted files , etc.
- It provides 3 security levels to choose from, so you can choose to overwrite your selected data 1, 2 or 3 times.
- Fully compatible with iOS 11 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, getintopc.com, pocket-lint.com, macbed.com etc.
To permanently reset iPad Air 2 to return, resell, or repair, “Erase All Data” is recommended to you. It is the all-in-one solution to wipe everything from your iPad Air 2. It is similar to “Reset” and will bring your iPad Air 2 back to factory default. Of course, it is safer than that without leaving any trace in deep.
1. Connect: connect your iPad Air 2 to computer and open iMyFone Umate Pro.
2. Erase: choose “Erase All Data” mode and hit “Erase” button.
3. Confirm: type “delete” into the box and hit “Erase Now” button to confirm.
Besides, iMyFone Umate Pro also provides another 2 erase mode for you to individually erase some unwanted data or safely destroy the deleted files.
- Erase Private Data: It is suitable for the current data stored in iDevice. You can preview and check the unwanted data to be completely erased. This features includes WhatsApp data, Viber Data, messages, photos, videos, Safari history, note, call history, downloaded files, and more.
- Erase Deleted Files: Just as its name applies, it can completely erase the files which you normally deleted before. Not only the data listed like, messages, photos, WhatsApp, Viber, contact, Safari history, voice memo, but also other invisible fragments, like SnapChat deleted files, will be completely destroyed when you run it.