Apple devices do sometimes have glitches, and the most common way is to hard reset it. Also, we saw some discussions on how to hard reset iPad 2 to factory reset the device. But do you really know what is hard reset? Will it erase all contents and settings on iPad 2? This article will teach you what is iPad hard reset, how to hard reboot iPad 2 and how to factory reset iPad 2.
What is iPad Hard Rest?
Usually, iPad hard reset is to hard reboot your device, it's helpful to troubleshoot some minor issues of your iPad. It will not factory reset your device and this can be done easily on iPad. But some people think iPad hard reset is to factory reset the device. No matter what your need is, we will give the answers here.
Part 1. How to Hard Reset iPad 2
To hard reboot iPad Air 2 can be done with the following several steps.
- 1. Press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button and Home button for about 10 seconds until the screen goes black.
- 2. Continue to hold the buttons down, and wait for your iPad to start up as normal.
Part 2. 3 Ways on How to Reset iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings
Reset iPad to factory settings can be easy. You can perform it using iPad settings app, or using iTunes and even with the help of some professional iPad data erasing tool. Regardless of which approach you choose, this article will give you the steps to follow.
Way 1. Factory Reset iPad in Settings App
It's highly recommended to back up your data before proceeding with the steps in this tutorial. Here are the steps to perform a factory reset on iPad Air 2.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset
- Tap the option of "Erase All Contents and Settings"
- If promted, enter the passcode to comfirm iPad factory resetting.
- Then tap Erase to finish the process.
Way 2. Reset iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings Using iTunes
Follow these simple steps to reset your device to the factory settings on iTunes:
- Connect your iPad Air 2 to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes. (Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer.)
- Allow iTunes to detect your device.
- Click "Restore iPad” in Summary tab.
- Click "Restore iPad" to confirm.
Now iTunes no longer exists as a separate app on the Mac computer. If you want to use iTunes on the Mac, go to the Finder. Then you'll see your device name appear on the left.
Way 3. Wipe Locked iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings without Any Password
Factory resetting your iPad without any password can be easy if you have the right tool. The best tool you can use is iMyFone LockWiper. When you do not know the iCloud password, you also don't know the Apple ID password. LockWiper will help you remove both the Apple ID and iCloud account without password. This will make factory-resetting your iPad possible.
LockWiper Great Features:
- Instantly remove iCloud account and Apple ID from your activated iPad without password.
- Reset iPad without password regardless of whether Find My iPhone is on.
- Promise 99% success rate even to wipe a second-hand iPad.
- You can enjoy all the iCloud service and iOS features after removal.
- All iOS versions (iOS 15 included) and all iPhones, iPads, and iPod touch are fully supported.
Watch Video Tutorial to Wipe Locked iPad without Passcode
Steps to Follow
Step 1. Download and install LockWiper on your PC or Mac. Launch it and click "Start" tab. Then, connect your iPad to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Using an USB cable to connect your device and click "Next".
Step 3. Download your iPad's firmware package by clicking the "Download" button. When the download is completed, click "Start to Extract".
Step 4. After the extraction completed, click "Start Unlock", enter "000000" to re-confirm your request, and then click "Unlock".
Whether your goal is a factory reset iPad or just want to perform a hard reset, we've given the answer. For iPad factory resetting, iMyFone LockWiper is definitely your best choice. Just download it for free to try it and your comments is appreciated. Just leave a comment at the below section if you have any questions.