You can also read this guide in Français.
Apple devices do sometimes have glitches, and the most common way is to hard reset it. Also, we saw some discussions on how to hard reset iPad 2 to factory reset the device. But do you really know what is hard reset? Will it erase all contents and settings on iPad 2? This article will teach you what is iPad hard reset, how to hard reboot iPad 2 and how to factory reset iPad 2.
What is iPad Hard Rest?
Usually, iPad hard reset is to hard reboot your device, it's helpful to troubleshoot some minor issues of your iPad. It will not factory reset your device and this can be done easily on iPad. But some people think iPad hard reset is to factory reset the device. No matter what your need is, we will give the answers here.
Part 1. How to Hard Reset iPad 2
To hard reboot iPad Air 2 can be done with the following several steps.
- 1. Press and hold the "Sleep/Wake" button and Home button for about 10 seconds until the screen goes black.
- 2. Continue to hold the buttons down, and wait for your iPad to start up as normal.
Part 2. 3 Ways on How to Reset iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings
Reset iPad to factory settings can be easy. You can perform it using iPad settings app, or using iTunes and even with the help of some professional iPad data erasing tool. Regardless of which approach you choose, this article will give you the steps to follow.
Way 1. Factory Reset iPad in Settings App
It's highly recommended to back up your data before proceeding with the steps in this tutorial. Here are the steps to perform a factory reset on iPad Air 2.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset
- Tap the option of "Erase All Contents and Settings"
- If promted, enter the passcode to comfirm iPad factory resetting.
- Then tap Erase to finish the process.
Way 2. Reset iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings Using iTunes
Follow these simple steps to reset your device to the factory settings on iTunes:
- Connect your iPad Air 2 to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes. (Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer.)
- Allow iTunes to detect your device.
- Click "Restore iPad” in Summary tab.
- Click "Restore iPad" to confirm.
Now iTunes no longer exists as a separate app on the Mac computer. If you want to use iTunes on the Mac, go to the Finder. Then you'll see your device name appear on the left.
Way 3. Reset iPad Air 2 to Factory Settings with Third-party App
Have you noticed that data is still recoverable even after reset? It's true. Do not just simply reset your iPad especially when you want to give your device away. Though the general reset cannot promise zero chance of recovery, it doesn’t mean that there is no way to protect yourself from privacy leak. It is just Apple does not provide option for overwriting data. You can come to some iOS data erasers for help. It is very important especially when you need to return your iPad Air 2, resell it or just send it to repair.
iMyFone Umate Pro is a revolutionary program used to securely delete your data from your iOS devices Once data are erased by it, even the most modern recovery tool or talented hackers cannot retrieve them since the original data are being overwritten. iMyFone stands out among all iOS data erasers.
- iPad permanently erase: Not only the existed data, also it can find out the data you previously deleted from your iPad Air 2 Wwith advanced analysis technologies. You can choose to permanently destroy them.
- Factory reset iPad without passcode: It can reset your iPad without passcode, the whole process can be done with 3 simple steps.
- Reset iPad Air 2 to factory settings without iCloud/iTunes: It applies its own technology to reset iPad without the help of iCloud or iTunes.
- Fully compatible with iOS 13 and receive lots of positive reviews from macworld.co.uk, getintopc.com, pocket-lint.com, macbed.com etc.
How to reset iPad Air 2 as well as Apple devices:
Step 1: Connect your iPad Air 2 to computer and open iMyFone Umate Pro.
Step 2: Choose “Erase All Data” mode and hit “Erase” button.
Step 3: Type “delete” into the box and hit “Erase Now” button to confirm.
Whether your goal is a factory reset iPad or just want to perform a hard reset, we've given the answer. For iPad factory resetting, iMyFone Umate Pro is definitely your best choice. Just download it for free to try it and your comments is appreciated. Just leave a comment at the below section if you have any questions.