Recovery mode in iPhone/iPad offers features that are helpful when it comes to solving various iDevice problems. However, do you know how to put iPhone/iPad in recovery mode? And when will you need to do that?
When You Would Need to Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
There could be a number of scenarios when it would be necessary to know how to put iPhone in recovery mode. Following are some of those scenarios:
- Your iDevice is stuck at Apple logo upon boot and is not starting.
- Your iDevice is not being recognized by iTunes in your Mac or Windows PC.
- iTunes displays various restore prompts and errors when you try to restore your iDevice from it.
- You are restoring your iDevice and the process is stuck and not progressing.
- A ‘Connect to iTunes’ message is being shown on your iDevice.
How to Put iPhone/iPad in Recovery Mode
How to put iPhone/iPad in recovery mode involves a number of simple steps. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Launch iTunes.
Step 2: Use a compatible lightning cable to connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 3: Now perform a force restart of your device by pressing and holding the Power button and Home button and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen. Don’t let go of the buttons just yet.
Step 4: Your iPhone will ultimately show a message saying ‘Connect to iTunes’. Now you can let go of the buttons. Now your iPhone is in Recovery mode.
How to Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode
How to get iPhone out of recovery mode is just as simple as putting it in. Follow these instructions:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer.
Step 2: Launch iTunes. It will automatically detect your iPhone and allow you to restore your device from a backup.
Step 3: Now disconnect the device from your computer.
Step 4: Turn off your iPhone and then turn it on. It will now start in normal mode.
In case you can’t get your iPhone to disconnect from your computer (the Recovery message is still displaying), then follow these instructions:
Step 1: Press and hold the Power button and Home button together, your iPhone will turn off.
Step 2: Now press and hold the Home button and connect the device to your computer. Don’t let go of the Home button until you see the USB indicator and iTunes logo appear.
How to Completely Reset iPhone Without Recovery Mode
If you just want to reset your iPhone, then it is not essential to put iPhone in recovery mode; you can achieve this via iMyFone Umate Pro for Win or for Mac. It is a third-party iPhone data eraser tool that allows you to wipe your iPhone’s storage permanently which is safer and better option than resetting it.
- Erase all of your iPhone data with just one-click. No need to waste time going through several steps to wipe your iPhone’s data.
- Data erased by Umate Pro is 100% unrecoverable, which means no data recovery software will be able to recover it.
- You can scan your iPhone’s storage, find all the private and sensitive data and then erase it either selectively or all at once to protect your privacy.
- Erase files that you have already deleted from your iPhone, completely eliminate their traces and make them unrecoverable.
- Clear up caches, junk files, logs from iPhone/iPad for free.
Steps to Reset iPhone Via iMyFone Umate Pro
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your Windows PC or Mac.
Step 2: Plug in your iPhone to your computer via lightning or USB cable. Umate Pro will automatically detect the connected device.
Step 3: From the available tabs on Umate Pro, click on Erase All Data tab and also click the Erase button when prompted.
Step 4: On the next window, select deletion Security Level (low, medium, or high) from the provided options and then click OK.
Step 5: Now use the textbox provided on the same screen and type ‘delete’ in it.
Step 6: Click the Erase Now button once everything is configured. The deletion process will begin.
Pros and Cons of Recovery Mode with Respect to iMyFone Umate Pro
2. It allows you to quickly restore your iPhone to previous functions and settings, so you can view your photos, listen to music, retrieve your email, etc. once again.
As compared to this iMyFone Umate Pro only erases selective content, so you can keep what matters to you so you won’t have to download that content again.
2. Data reset and restored via Recovery mode is not 100%, so resetting it by this method is not an optimal solution.
As compared to this, Umate Pro resets your device and makes its erased data 100% unrecoverable so it is a good option to protect your privacy.