Many times, we suffer with an unstable Wi-Fi or a service outage in our area, so that Wi-Fi fails to work properly. This could be frustrating and especially when there is a new update available in the iPhone and you really want to install it as soon as possible. Well! If you are in this same state, it is understood that updating to the latest iOS (iOS 11.3 for now) without WiFi has become essential for you by now. You can read this article and get help from it. We will answer your question that 'can you update iOS without Wi-Fi or not'? Keep scrolling and find the solutions.
1. Can You Update iOS without Wi-Fi?
If you're not having a proper Wi-Fi connection or don't have a Wi-Fi at all to update iPhone to the latest version iOS 11.3, don't bother, you can certainly update it in your device without it. However, please note that you will need other internet connection than Wi-Fi for an update process. Please make sure your computer has been connected to network or you have mobile data to proceed for the process. Also, please check if your device is having enough storage to get the newest update since the process eats lots of space.
2. Update iOS Using iTunes without Wi-Fi
The first way through which you can update iOS without Wi-Fi is using iTunes. Please ensure that you have a backup of your data before proceeding to the steps since the existing data might get lost after the updating. In addition, be certain that iTunes has been updated to the latest version on your PC. Now, follow the steps to update your iPhone into latest iOS which is iOS 11.3 for now.
- Launch iTunes in PC and make connection between iPhone and PC using USB cord.
- Choose the device icon at the top left and hit on 'Summary' tab.
- Click on 'Check for Update' now followed by 'Download and Update'.
- Type in passcode if prompt and your device will get updated in a while.
3. Update iOS Using Cellular Data
As said above, updating your iPhone to the newest iOS will always calls for an internet connection, so here is the next way to update iOS without Wi-Fi and that is updating via cellular data. Make sure to have enough data plan in your device since the updating process consumes a lot of data. Also, ensure that your device's battery is not less than 50%. Once checking all this, read the following steps to update your iPhone.
- Firstly, turn on the cellular data and open 'Settings' in your device.
- Go to the 'General' option and tap it.
- Now, look for 'Software Update' and tap on it. Your iPhone will follow your command and will look for the update and will inform you. After this, tap on 'Download and Install' button and follow the prompts.
- Now, the updating process will begin and on completion of downloading, a pop-up will ask you to install the iOS right now or later. Tap 'Install' and your installation will start. Now iOS 11.3 is available.
- While installing, your iPhone's screen will go black showing Apple logo and the installation status. On finishing of installation, the device will restart and then you will be asked to enter the passcode. Type in your passcode and you're good to go. You can use your device now with the latest iOS update in it.
4. Update iOS using a Third-party Tool without Wi-Fi
Here is the next best option you can try if you want to update iPhone without Wi-Fi. An expert third-party tool like iMyFone D-Back can always help you but remember that internet connection is also needed. D-Back is basically a professional and efficient data recovery tool that has been recommended by the famous media sites like Macworld and Makeuseof. It is completely free of any harmful virus and secure to use. On a plus, there is no need to panic about your data since this tool promises no data loss while updating or fixing any iOS issue such as iPhone stuck on Apple logo/recovery mode/white screen/black screen, freezing issues and so on. You can use it easily and following are the steps to use this tool.
How to Update iOS without Wi-Fi Using iMyFone D-Back (iOS 11.3 Supported)
Step 1 – Start with downloading the tool in your PC and then go for 'Fix iOS System' available at the main window. Now, connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cable. Once you connect, you will find the three modes offered by the program.
Step 2 – Select 'Standard Mode' and you will then require putting your device in DFU mode. For this, click on 'Start and just follow the instructions given on the screen. You can also choose to put your device into Recovery mode.
Step 3 – The speciality of this program is that it easily detects your iPhone and will automatically give you the latest and the appropriate iOS for your device. Now, you are only left with clicking 'Download' option. Click on it and the program will get you the latest iOS version.
Step 4 – Hit on 'Start to Fix' as the last step, then you just need wait for a while and your iOS will be updated soon (iOS 11.3 supported).