Looking for the easiest way to upgrade or install firmware using IPSW file without iTunes? Well, you've found the correct post. Today in this post we're introducing the most convenient way to restore iPhone with an IPSW file without using iTunes.
Before that here's a little basic knowledge about the IPSW file. IPSW is a standalone file format which is used to install the iOS firmware directly to iDevices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. An IPSW file can easily be downloaded on your computer and later can be used to install the corresponding firmware on your iPhone. Let's now discover the recommended tool to effectively install IPSW file on iPhone without iTunes.
1. A Tool to Install IPSW File on iPhone without iTunes
When it comes to installing IPSW without iTunes, the most convenient way to do is via iMyFone iOS System Recovery. The tool is very reliable and can efficiently use the IPSW file to install the firmware on your iPhone in just a few minutes. Unlike iTunes, it does an excellent job to save your valuable data during the whole process. iMyFone is a trusted and 100% risk free iOS System Recovery tool. Let's look at some key features of iMyFone iOS System Recovery:
iMyFone iOS System Recovery (iOS 11.2 Supported)
- You will be able to use this tool to installing iPSW file, wipe iPhone, fix iTunes error such as error code 4013, unlock disabled screen and so on.
- This is basically a system recovery tool which can repair the various system issues without any data loss.
- It helps in repairing the iOS issues such as black screen, white screen, being stuck on recovery mode and Apple logo, restarting loops, freezing issues and so on.
- The Windows as well as Mac operating systems are supported by iMyFone iOS System Recovery.
Tutorial on How to Install IPSW File Using iMyFone iOS System Recovery
Step 1: Download the iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool from its official website. Run the program and make a connection between your iPhone and PC with a USB cable. Now, hit on "Standard Mode" to initiate the process.
Step 2: Next, put your iPhone in the DFU/Recovery mode with the help of the instructions provided on the software window.
Step 3: After entering the DFU mode or Recovery mode, you will see your iPhone model. Hit the "Download" button next to it.
Step 4: After downloading the firmware, hit on the "Start to Fix" button to initiate the installation. Wait until the process completes. That's it, and you now have successfully restored your iPhone with IPSW file without iTunes.
2. Tip: Backup Your iPhone Prior to Installing IPSW file
Backing up your iOS device regularly has always been recommended, so that you will have your data safe and secured. Most people ignore this fact and then suffer afterwards. Before you installing IPSW file, we still recommend that you backup your iPhone first in order to avoid any data loss.Today we are introducing a complete backup solution for your iPhone iMyFone D-Port Pro. It can perform full or partial backup (depending on your needs) of your data on your iPhone and that too, without letting you spend a single penny. Yes, it's absolutely free to backup your iPhone with this software. Here are some other features of this program:
- Selectively restore a single app like WhatsApp, WeChat, Messages and more will be added in updates.
- Selectively restore iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup.
- Previous backup stored in your iPhone won't get overwritten while creating a new backup.
- Read and extract data out of iTunes, iCloud and iMyFone backup.
- Compatible with almost all iOS devices including iPhone 8/iPhone X and iOS version such as iOS 11
Use iMyFone D-Port pro to Backup iPhone Selectively
Step 1: You need to download the iMyFone D-Port Pro from its official website. Now install the software on your system and run it. Before you start the process, make sure to connect your iPhone with the computer via USB cable.
Step 2: When you have successfully made a connection with your iPhone and PC, three options on the left panel will appear. Choose the option "Backup & Export from Device" and choose how you want to backup your iPhone.
Step 3: From the next screen, click on "Back Up" button to initiate the backup process.
Wait for a few minutes, the messages will be backed up on your computer.
Note: Currently, you can only backup WeChat, Whatsapp, Messages separately. More data types will be supported in the upcoming version. These backups can be restored separately to your iPhone.
With the detailed tutorial on how to install IPSW file on iPhone without iTunes, we do hope that you have successfully installed your IPSW file on your iPhone via iMyFone iOS System Recovery which is a 100% safe and efficient IPSW restore tool.