What does it mean when there is no "delivered" text in iMessage?
Question: If there's no red exclamation point indicating that the delivery has failed, but there's no "delivered" text underneath the message, what does it mean? I've been corresponding with someone in the Middle East via iMessage; does this mean that their phone is cellular-disabled or turned off, or just that they're in an area with no service?
If you are asking this question now, it means your iMessage application does not display a delivered check mark even after your messages are pushed. This calls for concern if a ‘Not delivered’ symbol is not shown either and that space is just left blank. If you’ve been having this issue, you shouldn’t panic because many people have also had this issue, and there are solutions available. It is something that can be fixed easily. There are two trustworthy methods we recommend:
1. Check that Your iPhone Is Optimized to Send iMessages
There might be a few things that you overlooked when setting up your iMessage. To confirm that everything is selected properly, backtrack and check all the settings on your phone related to iMessage. Here are a few things you should check for:
- Internet connection: Make sure you are properly connected to the Wi-Fi or your cellular connection.
- Your cellular data balance: You might be out of cellular data and not even know it.
- Your contact listing: Check if you're sending to a contact with just an email ID or a number. It might help if the contact is saved along with the email ID of the person. This shouldn’t be a hassle as everyone who uses iMessage already has an Apple email ID.
- You’re signed into iMessage correctly: To be totally sure of this, it is advisable you sign out of iMesssage and sign back in. To do this, go to Settings and then Messages. Tap on the ‘Send and Receive’ option. Next, tap where it says ‘Apple ID: (your Apple ID)’ and select ‘Sign Out’. Sign back in using your Apple ID and test to see if it worked.
- The recipient: It could mean that the recipient’s phone cannot receive messages at the moment. It could be switched off, put in Airplane mode or out of range. This means that the message has already been pushed and will deliver once they have a good internet connection. The message can also be delivered after a few minutes as a text message, if you selected the option of delivering as text when iMessage isn’t working. This option is labelled ‘Send as SMS’.
To enable Send as SMS, go to Settings and select Messages to view the options. This will help in the event that iMessage fails, your messages will still get delivered as SMS.
2. Fix the Problem with iMyFone iOS System Recovery
The iMyFone iOS System Recovery program is used to fix various types of issues that could come up with iPhones from time to time such as iPhone stuck in Recovery mode, Apple logo, black screen of death. It comes in highly recommended by many tech experts and users who have used it to fix issues on their phones. One of the best things about this program is that it will not alter the information on your device in any way, and it is 100% secured. You can use this program to fix the issues with your iMessage. Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Download iMyFone iOS System Recovery to your computer and launch the program.
Step 2: Click on the Start button that pops up in the middle of your screen. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Select and download firmware. Firmware works to fix any issues with your phone so it will locate the problem itself, and work to fix it.
Step 4: Once it is done, your device will reboot and will be restored back to normal. Check if it worked by going to your iMessage and sending a message to someone who also uses iMessage.
If for some reason, none of the solutions proffered here works, contact Apple Support or go to the nearest Apple Store to get it fixed.