For iPhone users, iPhone is what they cannot live without every day. For some reason, they may need to restore their iPhone using iTunes. For example, the iPhone is disabled, iPhone gets stuck or frozen during iOS 13/12 update, they want to sell the iPhone or the iPhone is running slow, and so on.
However, some people reported that when they try to restore the iPhone with iTunes, they get a message that 'The iPhone cannot be restored. The device cannot be found'.
Therefore, we would like to list some tips in this article to help you successfully restore your iPhone. Keep reading!
Before making your final decision, we suggest you check the comparison table first.
|Success Rate||Required Time||Difficulty||Data Loss||What Can Be Fixed|
|iMyFone Fixppo||100%||Short||Easy||No||All system/software issues|
|Change USB Cable||10%||Short||Easy||No||Only USB cable issues|
|Update iTunes||50%||Long||Complex||No||Only iTunes issues|
|Force Restart iPhone||30%||Short||Easy||No||Some software issues|
|Restore iPhone via iTunes||80%||Long||Complex||Yes||Many software issues|
Best Way to Fix "iPhone Could Not Be Restored. Device Not Found"
If you're still not able to get through the iPhone cannot be restored issue, we have one wonderful tool iMyFone Fixppo (iOS 13/12 Supported) that will not only help you to bypass 'The iPhone cannot be restored. The device cannot be found', but also fix any other iOS issues without data loss.
There are three different modes, namely Standard Mode, Enter/Exit Recovery Mode with 1 click, and Advanced Mode, through which this tool kicks away all your iOS-related problems like this one and you do not need to be a tech-savvy.
- Easy to use: This powerful tool can quickly fix various iOS-related problems in just 3 clicks.
- The highest success rate: You can enjoy a 100% success rate for repairing your iPhone/iPad system issues.
- Perfect compatibility: It supports all iPhone models and iOS versions.
- Trustworthy: A lot of famous media sites have trusted and highly recommended this tool.
In this section, we are going to understand how to use the Standard Mode to restore your iPhone system with no data loss.
- Step 1 – Launch the iMyFone Fixppo tool in your PC/Mac after installing it. Now, choose Standard Mode.
Connect your device to the computer and click Next. If your device is not detected, put your device into the DFU/Recovery mode using the set of instructions appearing on your screen.
- Step 2 – Once done, the program will automatically detect the version of your device and show all the compatible firmware for it. You now just need to choose a suitable version and hit the 'Download' button.
- Step 3 – After the firmware is downloaded, it will automatically verify the firmware. Lastly, hit the 'Start' button and your device will be restored back to the factory state automatically.
iMyFone Fixppo is the best iTunes alternative and performs better than iTunes based on its exclusive technology. Check the user feedback below.
4 Other Tips to Fix iPhone/iPad Could Not Be Restored
There are some other methods that you can try to troubleshoot the problem. We will explain 4 tips that might be helpful.
1. Use Original USB Cable
If you encounter the problem 'The iPhone could not be restored. The device cannot be found', it is highly recommended to use the original Apple lightning cable which was supplied with your device than any other USB cable.
Just in case, if you are using the original one only and are still not able to connect your iPhone with the PC, you must ensure that the USB cable is actually working out or not. Try plugging in another iPhone with the same cable. If the cable is faulty, you need to buy out an original Apple lightning cable to proceed.
2. Update iTunes to the Latest Version
Generally the issue of restoring, including the error message 'The iPhone cannot be restored. The device cannot be found', arises when the iTunes application is not updated to its latest version. To get this done, here's the step by step tutorial.
- For Mac: Go to the App Store. Towards the top of the App Store window, select the 'Updates' option. You will be able to see if there is an iTunes update available or not.
- For Windows: Launch the iTunes. Navigate the 'Help' menu and hit on the 'Check for Updates' option.
If there are any updates available, ensure to follow the prompts to install the latest version.
3. Force Restart Your iPhone and Try Another Computer
If you are trying to restore your iPhone but the iTunes error states 'The iPhone cannot be restored. The device cannot be found'. You can still start afresh by forcing a restart over your device and then try again with restoring your phone.
For iPhone 6 or below:
If you have iPhone 6 or any lesser version, you can optimally force the restart in your phone by pressing the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake' buttons together till the apple logo does not surface on your screen.
iPhone 7 Series:
Thumb down the "Sleep/Wake" and "Volume Down" button altogether to obtain the Apple logo on the screen. If you successfully get that, you may free your fingers from the tabs and your iPhone would go on a restart mode.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X:
Push and release the "Volume Up" button. Repeat the same with the "Volume Down" button. Then, hold the 'Power' button down until the apple logo does not appear on the screen.
Connect your phone with different PC
You can even connect your phone from a different PC and check if you still get the error message 'The iPhone cannot be restored. The device cannot be found' on that PC.
4. Restore with iTunes using Recovery Mode
In this section, we are going to know how to use the 'Recovery mode' to restore your iPhone to factory settings with iTunes. This only works for people who have never tried this method.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone with your computer using the lightning cable.
- Follow the steps guide offered in this article and put your device into Recovery mode. When your iPhone is in recovery mode, you will see the iTunes logo on the screen. (iMyFone Fixppo also offers a totally free function to enter your iPhone in recovery mode.)
- iTunes will detect your iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore your device. Click OK on the screen and then click Restore iPhone to get your iPhone restored. Wait for a short while and it will finish soon. Then you can set up your iPhone which is like a new device now.
Do not hesitate to try the methods above and your problem will be solved quickly.