Google is arguably the most vital digital tool presently. With the Google search function, you can access Google's catalog of over 30 trillion web pages which are constantly growing every day. This function comes in handy for virtually every sphere of life.
It will then be disheartening if netizens of a particular device cannot use it. iPhone users have complained of scenarios where they cannot use the Google Chrome app or its search engine. A typical example is the report of google not working on the iPhone 11. The report also states that the Google search bar on the iPhone 11 Safari app is not working.
If you do not know what to do because you are faced with this dilemma, this article is here to help you.
- Part 1. Why isn't Google Working on My iPhone/iPad 2021?
- Part 2. 5 Quick Solutions to Fix Google Not Working on iPhone/iPad
- Part 3. Fix System Bugs If Google Search Not Working on iPhone
Part 1. Why isn't Google Working on My iPhone/iPad 2021?
When Google is not working on your iPhone/iPad, the first thing you should check is your cellular data. Ensure that the connection is intact or the Wi-Fi is appropriately connected.
Another reason Google is not working on iPhone/iPad is that your cache memory is full. Visiting a lot of websites on your browser can fill up your cache memory very quickly.
A quick solution to get rid of accumulated memory cache would be to clear your browser cache. Go to your history, check the boxes next to Cookies, Site Data, Cache Images, and Files, then tap Clear browsing data. (You will find more steps to clear cache memory below.)
Also, if you are using an outdated browser, Google will not work on your iPhone/iPad. More steps to update your browser and address other issues causing Google not to work on iPhone will be discussed by me later.
Part 2. 5 Quick Solutions to Fix Google Not Working on iPhone/iPad
Regarding the causes of google problems on iPhone/iPad as mentioned in the paragraph above, below are a few quick solutions to fix the problem. And while some of the answers have been discussed above, you will find actionable steps below on fixing the Google search engine not working on iPhone/iPad.
1. Check the Internet Connection
Lack of internet connection will cause google search engine not to work on iPhone. This assertion is also true for other search engines. There are three possible places to look to confirm you have an internet connection.
The most common internet connection check is confirming with your internet provider if you have not exhausted your data plan. Secondly, the cellular connection on your phone may have been turned off by you or someone else. If you use cellular data, you also need to check if you have allowed Google to access cellular data. Open Settings and select Google app. Make sure Cellular Data is enabled.
Thirdly, something might be wrong with your Wi-Fi connection which may be preventing your phone from accessing internet service from the router.
2. Restart Google App
Google not working on iPad/iPhone may be caused by a glitch in the Google Chrome app or your browser app. In such a case, your Google Chrome or the browser needs a restart. Here is how to restart Google Chrome or another app on iPhone/iPad:
- Open the preview of all the most recent apps that you have used.
- An iPhone 8 or lower will allow you double-tap the home button to reach the preview.
- On an iPhone X and later, an iPad with iOS 12 and up, or iPadOS: slide up slightly and pause in between the screen.
- Swipe to the right or left to find Google app.
- Swipe up the app to close it.
- To open the app, go to your App Library and tap the app's icon.
3. Reboot The iPhone/iPad
Another quick fix for Google not working on iPhone/iPad is to reboot your device. Rebooting your device helps it cool off and clear its RAM, which can be causing iPhone Google search not to work. Here is how to reboot your device:
For iPhone 13/12/11/X:
- Hold down your device volume or side button for the power off slider to appear.
- Drag the slider to the left side, then wait for up to thirty seconds for the device to switch off.
- Put on your phone back on; pressing the side button until you see the Apple logo.
For iPhone 8/7/6 :
- Keep your hand on the side button for the power off slider to appear.
- Swipe the slider to the left, then wait for thirty seconds for the device to cool down.
- Keep your hand on the side button again for the Apple logo to show then your phone is on.
- Hold your hand on either of the volume buttons and top button together for the power off slider to appear.
- Drag the slider to the side, then wait for thirty seconds for the device to cool off.
- Put on your phone back on by holding the top button until you see the Apple logo.
4. Update Google App
When a Google app is outdated, it may not be supported again by Google; hence, you cannot use its search engine. Here is the solution to the google app on iPhone not working because it is outdated.
- Open your iPhone/iPad App Store.
- Click on your profile icon in the store.
- Check through pending updates, then click on Google Chrome (or your browser) app to update.
- You can also use the Update All button. Your App Store will update all the apps on your phone, including the Google app.
5. Use Another Browser App
If iPhone Google search is not working because of the browser, and you have updated it and restarted, then try another browser app. Below are the top five recommended browsers for your iPhone/iPad:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Opera Browser
- Safari iOS
Part 3. Fix System Bugs If Google Search Not Working on iPhone
Many users complained that google is not loading on their iPhone as soon as they perform an update. In this case, getting software help for the Google search engine not working on iPhone is an excellent solution. One of the best software equipment for fixing such issues is iMyFone Fixppo.
- It is a software recovery tool that helps perform an OS upgrade or downgrade on your iPhone/iPad without data loss.
- It is an easy-to-use tool for those who are not professional technicians.
- It can resolve all iOS-related issues with a 100% success rate, such as iPhone automatically silent mode, iPad unable to check for update, and so on.
- Many famous media sites have recommended this program, like Makeuseof, Macworld, 9to5mac and so on.
Google has an impressive reputation among internet users, especially with the versatile search engine. iPhone users have complained of “why isn't my Google working on my iPhone/iPad?"
This article has combed through some of the causes and possible solutions for google not working on iPhone/iPad. Having exhausted all the tips highlighted, you can also use the iMyFone Fixppo to correct the anomaly.