A few weeks ago, a client wrote us an inquiry with the caption "Guide and Alternative to 7thshare iTunes Backup Unlocker" and it read thus:
"A few days ago, I upgraded from iPhone 7 Plus to iPhone XS Max, and I immediately sold the older iPhone to a stranger after resetting it with the hope that my iCloud backup is intact. I have added my Apple ID and password to the iPhone XS Max but yet to get my files back.
At first I wasn't bothered much about my files because of my iTunes backup, but unfortunately for me, I can't remember my iTunes encryption password, and I don't know how to recover the password. I found this tool ‘7thshare iTunes Backup Unlocker' and would like your recommendation and possible alternative to the tool.
This article will introduce the functions and features of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker. We'll also see iMyFone KeyGenius, which is an excellent alternative to 7thshare iTunes Backup Unlocker.
Introduction to 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker
7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker is an iTunes password decryption tool that recovers iPhone, iPad, and iPod backup password and access to encrypted iTunes backups. This easy-to-use software is able to recover forgotten password from iTunes backup files though its 3-attack modes: Brute-force attack, Brute-attack with Mask attack and Dictionary attack.
Features of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker
- Recovers iTunes backup password for iOS devices such as iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPod touch, and other models of iOS devices.
- Offers three (3) decryption (attack) methods, which include Brute-force attack, Brute-attack with Mask attack and Dictionary attack.
- Speedy cracking and accelerate password recovery is with the professional edition of this tool.
- Offers standard and ultimate versions even though the prices are not affordable.
How to Use 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker to Unlock iTunes Backup
To use 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker is a decryption tool for retrieving iTunes backup password, follow the steps below:
Step 1. Download the Windows version of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker and install the software on your computer.
Step 2. Launch the software on your computer and it would automatically detect and list all your iTunes backup files. Select the one you want to decrypt and click the "Next" tab to continue.
Step 3. You now have to select one of the three attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
Step 4: When you've selected an attack, then click "Next" and "Start" for the program to decrypt your iTunes backup and display the right password.
Limitations of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker
7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker has some good and bad sides, and we've outlined them as follows:
- Low success rate and a lengthy period of decrypting iTunes backup password.
- The software is not compatible with macOS computers.
- The software is unfordable and has no trial version.
- The license of this software can only be used on one computer after purchasing. If you want to use it on more computer, you'll need to purchase more licenses, which seems to be a little expensive.
When you weigh the pros and cons above, then you'll agree with me that 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker is not an efficient iTunes backup unlocker, and we believe that it's not good enough for you. Therefore, in the following paragraph, we‘ll recommend an alternative software that is easy and effective in iTunes backup password recovery.
Excellent Alternative to 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker
If you're looking for an excellent alternative to 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker, then consider using iMyFone KeyGenius – the efficient tool for unlocking iTunes backup password & remove iPhone encryption settings. This tool can decode password for iTunes backup in all frustrating situations and offers the highest success rate in iTunes backup password decryption.
Key Features of iMyFone KeyGenius
- Decodes password for iTunes backup in all stressful situations.
- Unlocks iTunes backup password and removes iPhone encryption settings.
- Fully compatible with all versions of iTunes even to iTunes 12.9.
- Uses advanced algorithm to decrypt iTunes backup password, which leads to high success rate.
- Removes iPhone backup encryption settings in no time using 3 attack methods: Dictionary attack, Brute-force attack, and Brute-attack with Mask attack.
How to Recover iTunes Backup Password with iMyFone KeyGenius
Before you can use iMyFone KeyGenius to decode iTunes backup encryption password, you have to download, install and launch the software on your PC.
Step 1. Select "Unlock iTunes Backup" from the Home interface.
Step 2. All your iTunes backup files will be listed out; choose the one you want to unlock and click "Next".
Step 3. iMyFone KeyGenius offers three different attack methods for iTunes backup password recovery - Dictionary Attack, Mask Attack and Brute-Force Attack. Choose the one that suits you better.
Step 4. Click "Start to Unlock" tab to start the unlock process.
Note: If the process stops by chance, you can start it manually. The progress will be saved automatically.
We've successfully given you a comprehensive review, guide and alternative to 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker. From the review, we've seen the functions of features of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker, the guide gave us clear descriptions on how to use the software, which the alternative is iMyFone KeyGenius – A software that is more effective and efficient in decoding and decrypting iTunes backup password. Hence, we recommend KeyGenius in place of 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker.