Yes, in this guide, we will learn all about AirPlay and let you use AirPlay for Windows easily.
If you're someone who is well-versed in technology or simply a regular Windows user, chances are you've had the desire to utilize AirPlay on your PC at some point. You may be seeking reliable information on how to use AirPlay on Windows PC, which is why you've landed on this page.
In the following sections, we will explore various third-party applications that are compatible with Windows PC, allowing you to AirPlay iPhone to Windows or TV and mirror PC to TV. Rest assured, you'll be able to use AirPlay on PC/laptop easily.
In this article:
- Part 1. What is AirPlay
- Part 2. Can I Use AirPlay on Windows PC
- Part 3. How to AirPlay iPhone to Windows PC/LapTop
- Part 4. AirPlay Streaming on Windows PC with iTunes
- Part 5. How to AirPlay from PC to TV
- Part 6. How to AirPlay from iPhone to TV
- Part 7. How to Turn Your PC into a Wireless Display Using Screen Mirroring on Windows PC
- FAQs. Tips You May Want to Know about Screen Mirror on PC/Mac/Laptop
1 What is Airplay
Do you know what is AirPlay and how does AirPlay Work?
AirPlay is mostly utilized for two purposes, which are content streaming; i.e., wirelessly playing video and music, and mirroring, i.e., displaying your screen on another device.
AirPlay is primarily intended for use within the Apple ecosystem, which includes iOS devices (like iPhones and iPads) and macOS computers. However, Apple has expanded its capabilities to include some third-party devices, like certain smart TVs and speakers, that support AirPlay functionality.
2 Can I Use AirPlay on Windows PC
Yes, you can use iTunes to use AirPlay for Windows and use some 3-rd party software to AirPlay mirroring your phone screen on Windows PC with audio like iMyFone MirrorTo.
Regarding Windows compatibility with AirPlay:
So let's see how to use iTunes on a Windows PC and how to AirPlay/mirror iOS devices on a Windows computer.
3 How to AirPlay iPhone to Windows PC/LapTop
1 iMyFone MirrorTo
If you want to AirPlay mirroring your phone to a Windows PC, no matter iPhone/iPad or Samsung/Huawei/Google pixel Android device, iMyFone MirrorTo screen casting software will be your great option. By using this screen-mirroring software, you can easily achieve AirPlay for Windows by running iOS Apps on a PC. Then you can freely stream your phone's screen and microphone on Windows PC.
- Screen Cast: It AirPlays iPhone to Mac to stream videos, music, and photos onto your computer in real-time.
- Screen Control: You can control your iPhone on PC with the mouse.
- Cast Multiple Screens to PC: Share 3-5 iPhone screens to your Windows computer at the same time.
- Live Streaming: You can stream mobile games on YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, Zoom, etc.
Here is an official registration code for you with a 10% OFF discount.
Get 10% OFF with Coupon Code: YTR5E7
AirPlay Mirroring iPhone to Windows PC/Laptop:
1. Download, install & launch iMyFone MirrorTo on your Windows PC.
2. Connect your device via a USB cable. Choose "iOS" and "USB".
3. On your iPhone, Click "Trust" when "Trust this computer" pops up. Then enter your passcode.
4. Now you AirPlay screen mirroring your iPhone to Windows PC successfully. You can view more than 1 iPhone screens on the PC.
5. If you want to view instructions of Android phone, click here to get more MirrorTo detailed guides.
Video tutorials on how to AirPlay iPhone on Windows PC:
2 5K Player
5K Player is another option to explore. It is a media player also with multi-screen playback. It is compatible with Apple's AirPlay just like MirrorTo to enable screen mirroring. However, only audio and video files can stream. It can't stream the whole iPhone screen to PC like MirrorTo. Simply follow the instructions below to learn more about how to use it for AirPlay on Windows PC.
- Install the program on your Windows computer. To enable Airplay, launch it and click on the "Airplay" icon.
- Display the Control Center on your iPhone and select the Screen Mirroring option to link to your Windows 7/8/10.
- Following that, your iPhone screen will be displayed on your Windows PC.
4 AirPlay Streaming on Windows PC with iTunes
You can use iTunes to airplay your media from iPhone to Windows PC. You need to download and install Apple iTunes from your Microsoft Store. However, only audio files are content that one can stream using the iTunes feature and provided that the devices are compatible.
Follow the steps below to set AirPlay on your Windows PC:
Remember, only audio streaming is possible on the free version of AirPlay for Windows users.
AirPlay, Control, Stream iOS/Android Screens on Windows PC/Mac Easily and Fluently.
5 How to AirPlay from Windows PC to Apple TV
1 5K Player
5K Player also allows you to mirror your Windows PC to Apple TV. Follow the steps to mirror PC screen to Apple TV:
AirMyPC is an AirPlay Windows sender which lets you AirPlay music, photos, and video from your computer to Apple TV or Chromecast.
Steps to AirPlay from PC to Apple TV with AirMyPC:
AirParrot can help you mirror your Windows PC to Apple TV with good video and audio quality.
Steps to use AirParrot:
6 How to AirPlay iPhone to TV
1 iPhone AirPlay to Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV, you can use the built-in AirPlay/Screen Mirroring feature to cast your iPhone screen onto your Apple TV.
Steps to AirPlay iPhone to Apple TV:
1. Ensure that your Apple TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your iPhone, open the Control Center:
3. Tap "Screen Mirroring".
4. Select your Apple TV from the list of available devices.
5. If prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode displayed on your TV.
6. Your iPhone screen will now be mirrored on the TV.
2 iPhone to Smart TV
Steps to AirPlay iPhone to Smart TV with AirScreen:
1. Make sure your smart TV (brands like Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio offer this feature) and iPhone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Download AirScreen app on your TV.
3. On your iPhone, open the Control Center > Tap "Screen Mirroring".
4. Your compatible smart TV should appear in the list of available devices. Select your TV, and if prompted, enter the AirPlay passcode.
5. Your iPhone screen will be mirrored on the TV.
7 How to Turn Your PC into A Wireless Display Using Screen Mirroring on Windows 10
If you want to screen mirror on Windows 10, you will need two devices i.e., source and destination devices. Both of the devices must support the Miracast technology and should be on the same hotspot connection. You can use your phone's hotspot or any other Wi-Fi you can make use of.
When all these are put in place, follow the steps below, starting with the destination device:
To project your screen to another computer on Windows 10, use these steps:
For some reason, your device may not support Miracast technology. In this case, you should consider changing your computer. If your Windows computer and Android devices support Miracast, you can screen mirroring and projecting to your PC on Windows 10 & 11.
8. FAQs about AirPlay Mirroring on Windows PC/Laptop/TV
1 Can I use AirPlay on my Windows PC?
You can use iMyFone MirrorTo to stream your phone screen with audio (videos, pictures, and audios) to Windows PC. And one such popular third-party software is "5KPlayer". It's a free media player that supports AirPlay on Windows. You can follow the detailed steps to achieve it.
2 How do I turn my PC into an AirPlay receiver?
To turn your Windows PC into an AirPlay receiver, you can use third-party apps that emulate AirPlay functionality. 5KPlayer, LonelyScreen, and iMyFone MirrorTo can allow you to receive content from Apple devices and mirror your PC screen.
3 How do I mirror my TV to Windows 10?
You can use built-in Windows 10 feature - Miracast, HDMI Cable, Third-party Apps, and Chromecast to mirror your TV to Windows 10/11.
4 Can you mirror iPhone to Windows PC? How?
Yes, you can mirror your iPhone to Windows 10. To do that, make sure both your iPhone and PC are on the same Wi-Fi connection; then open the control center. Click the Screen Mirroring icon to display the available devices. Select the name that matches your PC's name and enter the security code that will be displayed on your PC screen and you are ready.
5 How to enable AirPlay? And how to turn off AirPlay on iOS devices.
Go to Control Center > Tap Screen Mirroring. If you can't find screen mirroring in the Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Add Screen Mirroring. You can also tap it to tuin AirPlay off on your iOS device.
6 How do I mirror my Android to Windows PC?
On your Android home screen, swipe down and find "Cast" from the tiles. Press and hold it to open more options. Give it the necessary permissions (first-time users) and then activate "Enable wireless display". You should now see your computer shown in the list (if the Connect app is running). Click it and the projection will start immediately.
Also, you can use iMyFone MirrorTo to mirror your Android phone on Windows 10 without any technical skills.
7 Can I use AirPlay on PC without Wi-Fi?
Yes, with iMyFone MirrorTo, you can stream the video, photo, or audio files on your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
8 How do I connect to Miracast on Windows 11?
9 How to turn off AirPlay?
10 How to display iphone screen on PC?
You can display iPhone screen on PC with screen-mirroring app like iMyFone MirrorTo.
Whether you want to use AirPlay for Windows for fun, business, or other purposes, the ability to stream your phone screen and media comes in handy, especially at times that we least expect it. AirPlay by Apple has made it easy for both Mac and PC users to extend their primary display to a secondary screen. All you have to do to enjoy this fun technology is to download the application from your device's store and you are good to go. Now start to use AirPlay on your Windows PC/laptop/Mac and stream phone screen on TV!
Mirror & Control iOS/Android Device on Windows PC/Mac Easily and Fluently.