Are you hoping to transfer music from Dropbox to iPhone music library? The sad truth is that you can’t directly download music to your iPhone like that, let alone to the music app itself. If you want to use Dropbox, you’re going to have to use a more indirect approach: you can download music from Dropbox to your computer, and then transfer the songs from computer to iPhone.
Part 1: How to Transfer Music from Dropbox to iPhone Music Library
Step 1 How to Download Music from Dropbox on Your Computer
First, we will assume that you already have music uploaded to your Dropbox account. To be able to extract this music, you will have to download it to your computer.
- Sign into your Dropbox account on the website. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily make one in a few minutes.
- Go to the folder of the file that you want to download.
- Click on the “...” icon, then select download. Your browser should now automatically download the file to your computer.
Step 2 How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone
Have you considered using iTunes to transfer music from computer to iPhone? While it is the standard way of doing things, there are lots of disadvantages. For example, when you use iTunes to sync, it can delete music that was on your iPhone because it basically replaced one library with another. In particular you can lose songs that you didn’t officially purchase.
One way to get past these annoying limitations is to use iMyFone TunesMate. TunesMate is a great iTunes alternative that works with all iOS products and can help you transfer music from computer or iTunes library to iPhone.
It breaks through all of iTunes’ limits.
- Transfer music without deleting the music that is already on iPhone.
- Transfer all of your songs in bulk, or transfer just a few selectively.
- Automatically convert music files as it transfers, so that you can immediately play them on iPhone.
- Edit music info and playlists, so as to smartly control your music library.
- Highly spoken of by hundreds of users and well-known media.
Steps to transfer Dropbox music from computer to iPhone:
(1) Download and install iMyFone TunesMate on your computer. Plug your iPhone into your computer, then launch TunesMate.
(2) When TunesMate detects your iPhone, click “Music” and hit “Add > Add File”.
(3) Browse and select the Dropbox music on computer. Hit “Open” when the songs are selected.
Note: If the music formats are not supported by iPhone, TunesMate will automatically convert them when transferring.
Other Main Features of TunesMate
- The ability to transfer just about any kind of file, including movies, photos, music, playlists, TV shows, contacts, and more.
- Transfer without data loss. Unlike iTunes, TunesMate doesn’t write over and erase your data - it only adds to it.
- Device management tool, such as deleting duplicate files automatically.
- The ability to modify the iTunes library without even opening iTunes.
- The ability to transfer both purchased and non-purchased files, regardless of where you got them.
- Share music with friends and family even signed in different Apple IDs.
Part 2: How to Have a Large Music Library On iPhone without Paying
So, do you have to be rich to have a large music library? Not at all! In fact, apart from transferring music from Dropbox to iPhone music library, these days you can build your music library basically for free by following a few different methods:
1 Download Music from a Free Website
There are lots of places online that you can download free music. This does not mean that you have to download music illegally or unethically, either. Here are some websites that you can go to:
This is a site with hundreds of thousands of music files that you can download for free, many of them licensed under Creative Commons (which often means that you can remix them and share). In addition to songs in many different genres, you can also download other kinds of audio, such as sound effects.
You can listen for free and also download as many songs as you want with QTRAX. Many great artists can easily be found by using their search function.
PureVolume allows you to download and vote for thousands of songs. You may find some of your favorite artists here, giving away some of their music for free and eagerly awaiting your feedback.
You probably already know that Amazon has a music service. Believe it or not, they give thousands of their songs away for free. Take a look at their free section and see if there’s anything you like.
NoiseTrade is a great site where artists upload their music and fans can download and listen. It’s a good place to find new music that you haven’t heard before, and it has an option to pay the artists if you want. You can also download all of the music you want for free.
2 Ask Your Friends to Share Music with You
You can easily transfer music to your iPhone from your friend’s iPhone by doing this:
(1) Install free trial of TunesMate on your computer. Connect your friend’s iPhone to computer.
(2) Click on “Music” tab. Select the songs you want for your iPhone there and hit “Export > Export to PC”.
(3) Browse a folder on your computer to store the songs.
(4) Once the transfer is done, then disconnect your friend’s iPhone and connect your own iPhone to the computer.
(6) Go to “Music” tab again. Hit “Add > Add Folder” to browse the folder you stored your friend’s music.
(7) Click “Select Folder” to start transferring.
Now you will have your friend’s music on your iPhone. Just go to the Music app on iPhone to check.
3 Transfer Music from Google / Amazon to Music App on iPhone
(1) Download the music from Google or Amazon after you’ve purchased it (or ordered for free).
(2) Make sure that the songs are downloaded to your computer.
(3) Upload the songs to your iPhone using the “Add” function of “Music” tab on TunesMate, as described above.