Nowadays, photos and videos are taken for beautiful memories especially when in travel or festival or celebrating. As a daily used tool, iPhone is frequently used to capture photos or take videos.
However, iPhone photos and videos are HD, which may easily make it storage full. So most users may consider transfer photos and videos from iPhone to PC and have more space on iPhone. It is easy to do so. But without instructions, you may not know how-to. You can do the followings.
2 Ways to Transfer Photos and Videos from iPhone to PC
Since the world of computing has advanced so fast it has made sure that all your demands are well met. There are in fact ways through which you can transfer your important photos and videos from iPhone to computer.
01 Using Built-in Software to Transfer Pictures & Videos from iPhone to PC
Different Windows versions have different way built-in software to import photos and videos.
For Windows 7
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to computer. AutoPlay window will pop up automatically.
Step 2: Click “Import pictures and videos”.
Step 3: Click “Import Settings” link and you can click “Browse” to choose the target folder to save photos and videos.
Step 4: Tap “OK” button and then “Import” button to start.
For Windows 8
1. Connect iPhone to your computer.
2. Launch “The PC” and right click iPhone device. Choose “Import pictures and videos”.
3. Tick “Review, organize, and group items to import”.
4. Click “More options” to choose the target folder for backup photos and videos. Hit “Ok” and then “Next” button.
5. Tap “Import” button to start.
For Windows 10
Windows 10 has a Photos App as Mac, which allows you to import photos from iPhone to computer.
1. Make sure you have the latest iTunes on your computer, which helps to recognize your device.
2. Connect your iPhone to it with cable.
3. Run Photos App on your PC. You can type “Photos” into the search bar at the lower left corner of the screen.
4. Click “Import” button at the top right corner.
5. Select photos you want to transfer and hit “Continue” to start.
02 Using TunesMate to Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to Computer
When you use the built-in software to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to computer, the photos and videos will be displayed according to the date taken/added. They cannot be displayed according to different albums. It is not easy to select the photos and videos when they are messing up.
Fortunately, iMyFone TunesMate can resolve the inconvenience caused by built-in software. TunesMate is a third party iOS data transfer which gives you all-in-one solution. You can transfer photos, videos, music and other media between iOS device and iTunes/computer. It offers a two-way access. When transferring photos and videos, you can select according to different albums. Besides, you can also manage the photo stream.
Once you get access of this software you would see for yourself how it provides an easy-to-use user interface to allow users to easily make use of this software.
1. Launch iMyFone TunesMate on your computer while you connect your iPhone.
2. Click on the ‘Photos’ icon at the top of the main interface and you will get a chance to open either the Camera Roll (default) and Photo Stream.
3. You can select photos and videos according to albums under “Camera Roll”. Then tap “Export > Export to PC”.
4. Choose the target folder to save photos and videos and hit “Ok” to continue.
If the videos you want to transfer is taken with the Photo app on your iPhone, you can transfer them under “Photos” tab on TunesMate. However, if you want to transfer movies, music videos, home videos, TV shows, iTunes U or podcasts, you need to choose the “Videos” tab. The steps to apply are similar to “Photos”.
Why We Should Choose TunesMate instead of iTunes?
Some users may consider, why we need the third party TunesMate when we can transfer pictures and videos to PC with the built-in software. Of course, TunesMate has its own key features compared to built-in way.
- Built-in software cannot display the photos and videos according to the albums. However, TunesMate supports to display according to date added or different albums.
- TunesMate supports to transfer videos taken by Photo app or other downloaded videos, like movies, music videos, home videos and more while built-in software does not.
- TunesMate supports to transfer videos to iTunes while built-in software cannot.
- TunesMate supports two-way transfer while built-in software supports one-way transmission.