WhatsApp is a free messaging service available in many countries and on almost all platforms. It is the most popular messaging service due to its free messaging facilities along with the ability to easily create group chats, send pictures and videos, and share statuses. If you own a Samsung phone, it is likely that you use WhatsApp and if you do, you are probably wondering how to backup your WhatsApp data. This article will show you how to backup WhatsApp on Samsung in a variety of methods.
Why Would You Need to Back Up WhatsApp?
There are plenty of reasons as to why you would like to backup your WhatsApp data. One of these reasons is that you may want to restore your WhatsApp to a previous version sometime in the future. Because of this, you need to have a backup created so that you can pick that back up and choose to restore your WhatsApp data to this version.
A more common reason as to why most people decide to back up their data is just in case you either lose your device or if your device is damaged or accidentally wiped. If you have a backup, you can restore your WhatsApp to this version however without one, you would be left having to start your WhatsApp as a new profile, meaning you lose all your data, including messages, photos, and videos. Finally, you may want to backup your data so that you can transfer your information to another device, which is likely your new device. Because of this, a backup of your WhatsApp data on your Samsung is necessary.
3 Methods To Backup WhatsApp On Samsung
Here we are introducing you three various ways to create a Backup for your WhatsApp on your Samsung device.
Method 1. iMyFone iTransor for WhatsApp (Recommended Method)
If you would like to create a backup of your Samsung’s WhatsApp data, then we have the perfect tool for you. The iTransor for WhatsApp tool is the right tool if you would like to create a secure backup that you are in charge of. The backups are 100% safe, meaning that there is no risk of losing any of your important data whilst creating a backup or restoring from one.
Moreover, you are able to create as many backups as you would like whenever you want. As you are using a PC or laptop to create this backup, it means that you can keep all of your backups and your older ones will not be deleted, unlike the other solution provided by WhatsApp.
This gives you the flexibility to restore your WhatsApp back to any date that you have backed it up to, regardless of how old the files are. Surely this all sounds like a complicated process, right? Well, no. You can do all of this in a few clicks using iTransor for WhatsApp as the backup is completed automatically.
- Launch iTransor for WhatsApp on your PC/laptop and connect your Samsung to your PC/laptop using either the data cable provided by the manufacturer of your device when you purchased it or a high-quality data transfer cable.
- Choose the “Back up WhatsApp on Devices” and then make sure you select your device.
- Click on the “Back up” button and wait until the rest is done automatically by the tool.
That is all that you need to do! The backup is incredibly easy to complete, and it can be done by you whenever you require it. So, if you are an avid user of WhatsApp and want to make backups daily, then you can do this. On the other hand, if you would only like to create backups every few weeks, then this can be done too. It is all down to you.
Method 2. Google Drive Backup
WhatsApp gives you the option to backup WhatsApp data on your Samsung device using Google Drive. For this, you obviously require a Google Drive account. The method for using Google Drive is shown below however it is not as optimal to use as iTransor for WhatsApp because some of your older backups may be deleted.
You also need to make sure that your data is safely stored. As I know, WhatsApp is using end-to-end encryption to protect your data, but data stored on Google drive is not encrypted. However, if you are just looking for a way that can protect your data from losing, it is still a good choice of conveniency.
Here are steps of how to backup WhatsApp using Google drive.
- Open WhatsApp on your Samsung and go into settings using the three dots in the top right corner.
- Choose chats and then chat backup to go into the options available when using Google Drive to backup WhatsApp.
- You can either pick to backup your information once or set it to automatically create a backup after a certain amount of time.
It is great that WhatsApp allows you to create a backup using Google Drive however there are other options available to you.
Method 3. Backup Via Email Chat
This method does not allow you to restore your information to WhatsApp however it does allow you to read your chats after the backups have been created. WhatsApp allows you to export your chats and this can be used to email your chat to yourself. To do this:
- Open the WhatsApp chat that you would like to restore. This could be a group chat or a direct conversation with anyone.
- Click the three dots in the top right-hand corner and then choose the more option.
- Tap export chat and then choose to either include media (photos, videos, etc) or not to. Then pick either Gmail or any other email client that you use.
- Send an email containing the chat back to yourself and wait until it has been sent. Longer chats and including media will take longer to send.
You can now read the chat through your email client. Although you cannot use this backup to restore data to WhatsApp on a new device or as a restoration of data, you can read through the chat without having WhatsApp installed, which is an excellent feature to have.
Hopefully, you have seen the main methods on how to backup WhatsApp and you can pick between them. As mentioned previously, it is recommended to use the iTransor for WhatsApp tool to create a backup from your Samsung in the quickest and easiest way.