If you use WhatsApp on a daily basis, you have accumulated a lot of messages and attachments like videos, audios, and documents. It also means that WhatsApp is probably very important to you seeing as WhatsApp has now become a big part of business dealings and professional communication. This is why it is important to ensure that you always have a backup for your WhatsApp messages. It is the only way to ensure you can pick up right where you left off should you lose some of your data or even your device.
There are several ways to restore WhatsApp messages on an Android device from another android device and as we shall see in this article, the process is relatively simple. It is when you cross-OS platforms that the process becomes complex. Yet, it is not uncommon to find people who need to restore messages from Android to iPhone and even then there is a solution to help you restore WhatsApp messages on Android from an iPhone device.
1. The Official Way to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android to Android
It is however important to note that you should primarily backup WhatsApp to your Google Drive by using this method. WhatsApp allows you to backup WhatsApp messages on Google Drive so that the chats and media can be transferrable at a later date. Here’s how to backup WhatsApp on Google Drive;
- Step 1: Open WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on the Options button (three dots).
- Step 2: Tap on Chats > Chat Backup and then either choose “Back up” or “Back up to Google Drive” to set up an automatic backup schedule.
- Step 3: Select the Google Account you would like to use or tap “Add Account” to create one if you don’t already have one.
- Step 4: Tap “Back up over” to choose whether you want to use “Cellular” or “Wi-Fi” networks.
To restore the backup to your device or another Android device, follow these simple steps;
- Step 1: Uninstall WhatsApp from your device and then reinstall it from the Play Store
- Step 2: Once you have verified your phone number, follow the on-screen instructions to restore the chat backup.
You can also go to WhatsApp offical page to know more details.
2. Use iTransor to Restore WhatsApp Message on Android to Android
If you want to restore WhatsApp messages without having to uninstall the app, our software iTransor for WhatsApp can help you do that. First, you need to download and install iTransor for WhatsApp to your computer. Launch the program, then follow the steps below:
- Step 1: On the main window, choose “Transfer WhatsApp between devices ” on the main Window. Connect both Android device to the computer and wait for the program to detect the devices.
- Step 2: Once the program detects the devices, click on “Transfer” to begin the transfer process. The transfer of data will erase any existing WhatsApp data on the other Android device. Click “Yes” on the popup that appears to confirm the action.
- Step 3: The transfer process will begin immediately and continue until all the WhatsApp messages have been transferred to the destination device. All you have to do is ensure that both devices remain connected to the computer until the process is complete.
3. Use iTransor to Restore WhatsApp Messages on Android to iPhone
iTransor for WhatsApp can also help you transfer WhatsApp messages from an Android device to iPhone. All you have to do is connect both the iPhone and Android device to the computer using USB cables. When the program detects the devices, follow the steps on screen to transfer the messages from Android to iPhone.