It is convenient for you to send different media files on WhatsApp. If you still do not know how to send PDF files on WhatsApp, I will share a complete guide, keep reading!
You can learn how to send PDFs on iPhone and Android devices in this article. In addition, I will show you how to transfer Whatsapp data quickly from one device to other even if they have a different operating system. let's get started!
Send PDF Files via WhatsApp on iPhone
There have two easy ways for iOS users to transfer pdf using WhatsApp. The first method is to send PDFs from iPhone using WhatsApp conversation. The second method is to send PDF files from other platforms like iBooks through WhatsApp conversations. Let's see how they operate one by one.
1 Send PDF Files from the WhatsApp Conversation
- Launch WhatsApp and open a conversation.
- Tap on the "Up Arrow" icon located at the bottom of the screen. Then tap on the option "Share Document".
- Then choose the source of the PDF file you will send. Select it and tap on the "Done" option at the top of the screen.
- Once the file charges, tap on the Send option and it will arrive at the other person via WhatsApp.
2 Send PDF Files from Any Other PDF Readers to WhatsApp
You can share the PDF while reading it from any PDF reader platform like iBooks, Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc.
Follow the steps below to achieve:
- Open the PDF file you would like to send via WhatsApp. Tap on the "Up Arrow" located at the upper right corner of the screen.
- A list of sharing platforms will unfold. Choose WhatsApp among the alternatives.
- A WhatsApp screen will open with a list of all your contacts. Choose the contacts you want to send the PDF file to and confirm the action. Tap on "Send" to send the PDF file.
Send PDF Files Using WhatsApp on Android Phone
There are also have two methods to help send PDF files via WhatsApp on an Android phone. The first is to send via WhatsApp conversation. The second method is to send PDF files located at Google Drive. Let's see how they work!
1 Send PDF Files from WhatsApp on Android Phone
- Open WhatsApp and select the conversation with the person you want to share the PDF file.
- Next to the text bar at the bottom of the chat, click the "Clip" icon to unfold all the share file options.
- Among all the options, choose "Document" Search among your device memory the PDF file you are willing to share via WhatsApp.
- Tap on the PDF file and confirm your action to send to your contact. It will take a couple of minutes to sent depending on your internet connection speed.
2 Send PDF Files Using WhatsApp from Google Drive
This is another method you can use to send PDF files via your Google Drive account.
Follow the indications below to send PDF files:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device and select the "Chat" tab.
- Then, open the conversation with the person you want to share the PDF file.
- On the conversation, you will see the pin icon located in the text bar at the bottom of the screen chat.
- Now, a menu of file options to share will unfold. And click the "Document" option.
- Tap on the option “Browse other docs…”and choose among the options to "Open from Drive". Search the PDF files you need from your Drive account and confirm your action to send it.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone
There is another alternative you can use to transfer WhatsApp documents from an Android device to an iPhone.
You can use a third-party tool like iTransor to safely transfer data from among 18 different smart devices, including Samsung, iPhone, Huawei, etc. You can use this tool to prepare backups Whatsapp data on your PC as well.
Transfer/Backup/Restore/Export WhatsApp on iPhone/Android with One Click.
Transfer/Backup/Restore WhatsApp between Android and iPhone.
Export WhatsApp chat to PDF and read it both on the computer and phone.
Here is a quick guide on how iTransor can help you with that:
- Download iTransor for WhatsApp install it on your desktop computer.
- Open the tool and choose "Transfer WhatsApp between Devices". Connect the Android and the iPhone device to the computer via USB connection.
- Once the program detects both devices, click on "Transfer" to start the process.
- Both devices should remain connected to the computer the whole process. Depending on the amount of files, it can take a couple of hours.
- It will notice you when the data transfer is done. Now you can disconnect your devices and enjoy having all your WhatsApp data on the new device.
WhatsApp can be rather convenient tool if you need to quickly send important documents. We hope this guide helps you transfer your PDF files documents safely.
We highly recommended you use the third-party tool iTransor for WhatsApp to backup your data, with this method, it would be more easy when you want to transfer your WhatsApp data.