Almost all Android phones come with an application through which your exact GPS location can be tracked.
However, for many reasons, some users may find this feature annoying as they would not want to reveal their exact location online.
The most common reason behind users wanting to fake their exact location is that they would want to access an app,which is not available in their country or region.
There are several other times wherein you would want to entirely stop sharing any form of location on an app online. The third-party location-based apps on your Android phone can be hazardous to you as well.
This is because they track your address through the location, and this can further lead to some unwanted circumstances. If you wish to fake GPS Android without mock location, you have come to the right place! Read on to know more about this in detail.
- Part 1: What do you want to know about mock location?
- Part 2: Using APP to fake GPS without mock location
- Part 3: Using iMyFong AnyTo to fake GPS without mock location
Part 1: What do you want to know about mock location?
All Android phones come with a hidden feature called "Mock Locations". Through this setting, we can manually change the location of our phone to any place we like. Although this developer setting was initially introduced for changing the GPS location to test certain parameters, now it is being used by several Android users to fake their actual location. If you wish to use the mock location feature on your Android device, you would have to enable the Developer Options. The unfortunate part about this is that it can only be used on Android phones, and there is no such setting present on iPhones.
A few benefits of using mock location on your Android phone are given as follows.
- By using the mock location feature, you can avoid any form of information leakage through which your privacy can get exposed.
- There are several online AR games like Pokemon Go, wherein your location keeps getting tracked by the app. This location can be seen by the other players as well. You can easily change this location to the place you like by using the mock location feature.
- Certain social networking apps like Tinder are also location-based. Here, you would get matches according to the location you are in. With the mock location feature, you can change your exact location and interact with people who are in other localities, cities, or even countries.
Part 2: Using APP to fake GPS without mock location
Once you are aware of the various benefits of using a mock location, let us have a look at the different ways in which you can perform fake GPS without mock location enabled.
2.1 Geo spoofing app to mock location
There are several geo spoofing apps available on Google Play using which you can easily mock your current location. One such app is Fake GPS Joystick & Routes Go.
You can follow the steps given below to know how you can use this app.
Step 1: From Google Play, download this app, and launch it on your phone.
Step 2: On this app, go to “Settings”, and tap on “Location.
Step 3: Change the “Location Mode” setting to “GPS only”.
Step 4: From “Settings”, tap on “Developer Options”.
Step 5: After this select “Set Mock Location App”, and pick “Fake GPS” option from the given list.
Step 6: Once done, launch “GPS GO Joystick” and look for a specific location using the search bar.
Step 7: Finally, tap on the “Play” button to change your device’s location.
Once you do this, the location of your device will be changed automatically.
2.2 Mock location on different Android models
Here are the instructions on how to enable mock location on different Android models.
- Motto and Samsung
You can find this feature by going to “Developer Options” and navigating to the “Debugging” section.
All the LG smartphones have the option of enabling mock locations by simply selecting the “Allow Mock Locations” feature, which can be accessed easily from “Developer Options”.
Instead of the build number, all the Xiaomi phones have an MIUI number. To enable mock locations under Developer Options, you need to first tap on the MIUI number by going to “Settings” and then tapping on “About Phone”. Here you will see the option on “allow mock location apk”.
Similar to Xiaomi phones, Huawei phones have the EMUI number. To tap on this EMUI number, you need to first go to “Settings”, tap on “Software Information”.
Part 3: Using iMyFong AnyTo to fake GPS without mock location
3.1 The better way to change your GPS on your Android
Another way to fake GPS without enable mock location on your Android is by using iMyFone AnyTo.
This is an incredible software that has been designed specifically to help Android users in faking their GPS location.
AnyTo is a full-proof spoofing tool using which you can change your current location to any part of the world with ease.
Unlike the other mock location apps available in the market, with AnyTo you would not have to install it on your Android phone. You can install it on your computer, and then through the computer, you can control the GPS location on your Android phone.
Here are the detailed steps to use iMyFone AnyTo to change location without mock.
- Step 1:Once installed, launch AnyTo on your computer and click on “Get Started”.
- Step 2:Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB lightning cable and wait for a few seconds till the program recognizes your phone.
- Step 3:From the option on the top-right corner, click on “Teleport Mode” and key in the location you want in the search bar. You can even key in the GPS coordinates to find a specific location.
- Step 4:Once the pointer on the screen moves the specific location on the map, click on “Move” and this will be automatically set as your current GPS location.
After this, you can use any of the location-based apps on your Android phone, and they wouldn’t be able to track your exact location.
3.2 Advantages of iMyFone AnyTo
Apart from the advantages mentioned above for using iMyFone AnyTo, here are some other advantages of using such software.
- It can help you in changing the location of your iPhone and Android phone with ease so that you can access movies, services, music, videos, and other location-based apps service on your phone without any hassle.
- With just a single click, you can fake your current location to any part of the world with the help of iMyFone AnyTo.
- You can also keep a record of all the other places that you have been to previously, and you can even choose or delete them at your own free will.
- This program allows users to customize routes, simulate routes, and also create different routes while moving. It also features the pause and resumes options as well.
From the advantages mentioned above, you can easily make out how reliable iMyFone AnyTo is. This is why it is considered to be one of the top products in the market when it comes to mock location apps and software. The best part about this is that it can help both Android as well as iOS device users fake their exact location.
There are several reasons as to why one may wish to fake their current location. There are several resources available online to do this. For Android users, you can use the mock location feature, which is inbuilt in your phones. If there is no mock location in developer options, you can even make use of third-party apps to do this. However, the best way in which you can fake your current location, irrespective of whether you are using an Android or iOS phone, is by using iMyFone AnyTo which is a highly recommended software for faking your current location.