"I own iPhone 7 which began to get iMessage activation error since the installation of iOS 11.3. This is so annoying. I don't know why my iMessage won't activate? Is there any fix available for this? "
With every new iOS update, comes some problems for some iPhone users. And iMessage activation unsuccessful is one of those problems. However, we have come up with some solutions to deal with iMessage not activating issue. Therefore, all those who are stuck with this problem, can start fixing the issue with the following suggestions.
Five Tips to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation after iOS 11.3 Update
1. Confirm These Things
Generally, things are not much complicated in first place and can be resolved with some simple checks. Likewise, if you are experiencing iMessage activation error, you can simply perform these 3 quick checks listed below and if you are lucky enough your issue about iMessage activation unsuccessful will be resolved in no time.
1.1. Set Time and Date Correctly
If your iMessage waiting for activation from a long time or it doesn't goes through, first of all check if your device's date and time settings are configured appropriately. This is because settings stored on the earlier OS version may get messed up after installing the 11.3 firmware updates and eventually, you would have to configure them again. Now, if the date and time settings are set on automatically, make sure the time-zone set already is correct. Open "General" under the "Settings" of your device and tap on "Date & Time". Then you can check it.
1.2. Make Sure Internet Connection Is Fine
Performing this check is vital because when it comes to activating your services, your device makes a connection with the Apple Servers and then activates the service according to the receiving response. Therefore, due to an unstable internet connection the attempts of your device to connect to Apple servers ruins and fails consequently which pops up the iMessage activation unsuccessful error on the screen. Connect to a stable WiFi connection and try again.
1.3. Check If Your Phone Number Is Included in Contacts
This is further important step that can determine why your iMessage won't activate because your phone number should be in your Contact list which is vital for iMessage to function properly.
Check it by simply launching the Contacts app of your device and look on the upper part of the screen you should see your phone number there labeled as My Number (generally). If your phone number isn't listed there, add it. Open Settings, then hit on Phone, now tap on My Number and then punch in your phone number.
2. Turn On and Then Turn Off Airplane Mode
If the above checks didn't help in your case, then let's try this Airplane Mode fix which has been reportedly considered as a quick way to bypass the iMessage waiting for activation problem. Sounds weird but yes it did work for numerous users experiencing the same issue.
- Open "Settings", get into "Messages" and then toggle off "iMessage" service.
- Now, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open "Control Center" and hit the "Airplane" icon to enable on the Airplane mode.
- Reboot your device and disable the Airplane mode and subsequently, toggle back on the iMessages from the Settings. Check if your iMessage now works like normal or not.
3. Sign Out and Sign Back In Apple ID
iMessage activation unsuccessful can also happen if there is any hindrance in between the connection of Apple ID and your Device, in other words your device is not able to communicate with your Apple ID. Try to freshly connect your Apple ID again by logging out of it and sign in back into it.
- Open "Messages" section under the "Settings", hit on "Send & Receive". Now, tap on your Apple ID in the first column and then hit "Sign out". Lastly, toggle off the "iMessage" service and reboo your device.
- Now, go back to "Messages" section again, toggle on the "iMessage" service and then tap on "Send & Receive". Lastly, sign in to your Apple ID again. Your iMessage should now work as normal.
Still facing the issue? Read on then, we're not done yet.
4. Fix iMessage Sctivation Stuck in iOS 11.3 without Data Loss
When you get no help using the above methods, the recommended way to fix iMessage activation error is with the help of iMyFone D-Back. This is a third party application intended to solve various iOS issues with the feature "Fix iOS System" and recover lost data. And this makes it the recommended tool by some renowned media portals as well as Cult of Mac and Makeuseof .
iMyFone D-Back (iOS 11.3 Supported)
- The "Fix iOS System" feature of iMyFonr D-Back is powerful enough to fix problems like iPhone heating issue, Apple logo issue, black or white screen of death, and more.
- Another good thing about "Fix iOS System" is that it proides three specific modes for specific problems. The modes are "Standard Mode", "Exit Recovery Mode" and "Advanced Mode". When your iMessage activation is unsuccessful, you can use the Standard Mode to fix your it without data loss.
- iMyFone D-Back can recover data from various sources like your iCloud or iTunes backup or from iOS device directly.
- A lot of data types can be recovered with this tool for example messages, iMessages, call history, WhatsApp data and so on.
Step Guide to Use D-Back to Fix Unsuccessful iMessage Activation in iOS 11.3
Step 1 – Open the Tool
Download and install iMyFone D-Back and start it afterwards. The main interface will be having "Fix iOS System" issue. You're required to click on it. Now, plug your iPhone to the computer and select "Standard Mode"
Step 2 – Put the Device in DFU Mode or Recovery Mode
Now, follow the instructions given in the next interface in order to put your iDevice to the DFU mode. After this, the program will detect your device. Put your device into Recovery mode if it doesn't work.
Step 3 – Get the Corresponding Firmware
Post detection, the program will download the corresponding iOS version for your device. All you need is to hit "Download" button. Moreover, you have the option to download yourself by choosing your device model manually.
Step 4 – Fix the Issue
Now in the last, click on "Start to Fix" and wait for the program to repair the system. Once done, start your device and check if the problem is gone.
If your iPhone is stuck in Recovery mode, you can use this feature to exit the Recovery mode with only one click.
5. Reset all settings
If all the solutions have done no good in your case, then the last resort is to "Reset all settings" of your device. It is recommended to make backups of the necessary data before going up with this method.
- Launch "Settings", hit on "General", scroll down and tap on "Reset". Lastly, hit on "Reset All Settings" and punch in the passcode (if prompted). Reboot your Device and you're done.
Now it's time to take action and get out of the hassle. We are ending up this discussion about iMessage activation is unsuccessful in iOS 11.3 with a great hope that you are satisfied with this post and like our efforts. Many thanks for reading!