Snapchat is a data sharing app on iPhone that works in such a way that it sends photos, texts to people but automatically disappear after a few seconds of viewing. This is deliberately designed as the idea is not to save these pictures or messages when they are sent but to catch in the fun instantly and loose them.
But there is a risk; snapchat messages may not be totally safe after all due to a risk of privacy leak. This is because according to some researchers, the app simply deletes messages temporarily instead of totally.
How to Delete Snapchat Messages
There are several steps involved when deleting Snapchat messages. It is very easy to do but note that it does not delete the message on the recipient device. The following are the steps involved.
Step 1: Go to settings page.
Step 2: Click the “Clear Conversation” button.
- Option 1 - Delete message by erasing conversation one by one. You can go to the individual conversation and type “X” to clear the messages with that person.
- Option 2 - Delete all Messages. This can come in handy if deleting the entire log is desired. All you need do is to tap the “Clear All” option to get rid of the entire conversation.
How to Completely Wipe Snapchat Trace on iPhone
It is important to know that delete Snapchat messages is not enough because it can be recovered and that means it is advisable to erase Snapchat trace the iPhone. There are several ways to do this and we shall see them below.
1. Completely Wipe Snapchat Cache, Logs on iPhone
iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac is one of the best tools to delete data on your iPhone device. With this tool, you can delete junk files for FREE and these include the complete wipe out of Snapchat caches and logs on your iPhone.
This will not only help you to protect your privacy but will also help in creating space on your device thus making it perform better.
2. Clear up Corrupted Snapchat Files
Unfortunately, Snapchat throw up a lot of temporary files which tend to occupy a lot of space in your iPhone device causing it to become sluggish. What the Umate Pro does is to clear up these temporary files and create enough storage space on the device.
How to Permanently Erase iPhone Private Data
The most important thing when erasing iPhone data is to ensure that they done completely. This is because accessing private data of an individual could be dangerous especially in the era when identity theft is on the rise. This is why it is important to permanently erase your private data from your iPhone.
The good thing is that iMyFone Umate Pro has the capability of permanently erasing these private data in such a way that it can never be recovered even with the best recovery tools in the marketplace.
How does it do this? The Umate pro does this permanent delete using any of its 3 erase modes which are designed to ensure a complete and permanent delete of iPhone data: personal videos, photos, messages, call histories, WhatsApp messages and attachments etc. The most recommended mode for permanent delete include:
- Erase Private Data: This mode erase private data in such a way that the information on your iPhone is completely removed. Data deleted through this mode remains unrecoverable; therefore your private data is secured.
- Erase Deleted Files: This Umate Pro erase mode is responsible of erasing previously deleted files. It is important to remember that normally deleted files can be recovered with recovery tools. However, the “Erase Deleted Files” mode helps identify these previously deleted files and erase them leaving no chance of recovery.
How to Use iMyFone Umate Pro to Erase iPhone Data
It is just easy to use the Umate pro. Erasing iPhone data takes a few easy steps as seen below:
Step 1: Connect your device.
Step 2: Select any of the applicable erase modes. For example, select “Erase Deleted Files” or “Erase private Data” mode depending on what you want to achieve. Then scan you device.
Step 3: Now select the files that you want to erase and click on “Erase Now” button to erase your iPhone data permanently.