Have you ever had a secret lover with whom you communicate using WhatsApp? Maybe you have unpopular opinions that you discuss with family and you don't want people to know about them. Maybe you've been sending naughty pictures of yourself to your boyfriend or girlfriend and you don't want anyone to find out. There could be dozens of reasons why you would want to delete Wh
How to Delete WhatsApp Media the Simple Way
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap “Contact” tab at the bottom.
- Choose the display name where you want to delete media.
- Click “Media, Link & Docs”.
- Choose the media you want to delete and confirm.
This will not also delete the messages. To delete WhatsApp media in different chats, you need to do it one by one.
- Open WhatsApp on your idevice.
- Go to “settings” and then tap “Data and storage Usage”.
- After that, click “Storage Usage”, your chats will be showed out, then choose the chat that you want to delete.
- Click “Clear Chat” button at the bottom of the screen.
- All your media such as photos, GIFs, Videos, etc. will appear. Select the media you want to delete, and then tap “Clear”. All the media selected will be removed.
However, it does not mean that the media is permanently erased from your phone. We'll discuss that more below.
How to Permanently Delete WhatsApp Media
As you might already realize, when you delete anything on your iPhone manually, as described above, it is just invisible from your iPhone. Under normal circumstances, deleting things merely removes from your sight, but the data is still actually lurking below the surface and is recoverable with the right software. This data can then be discovered by hackers or people who are simply determined to find out what you've been up to.
You can beat them at their own game by using software to find and permanently delete your WhatsApp media before they do. For example, using an iOS data eraser like iMyFone Umate Pro or iMyFone Umate Pro for Mac can get rid of all sorts of information from WhatsApp, delete media, chat history, and remove other kinds of data permanently. It can also remove junk files that are just taking up space uselessly on your device.It is the first and only one eraser which supports permanent deletion of WhatsApp data.
Why Should We Use iMyFone Umate Pro to Delete WhatsApp Media?
Well, why not just delete your WhatsApp media manually and forget about it? There are quite a few reasons why you should take note of software like iMyFone Umate Pro and seriously consider using it:
- It permanently deletes data so that it is 100% unrecoverable. In other words, no one will be able to hack your iPhone and see the media that you sent to others on WhatsApp if you use iMyFone Umate to remove it. WhatsApp messages can be permanently deleted here. Just manually deleting stuff won't afford you this level of privacy.
- You can erase previously deleted WhatsApp media. If you manually deleted something and didn't realize that it would still be hanging around in your internal storage, you can use iMyFone Umate Pro to permanently erase those deleted files. You just can't do anything like this with manual tools.
- It is extremely easy to use. To delete all WhatsApp media, you need to do it one by one. But with iMyFone Umate Pro, you can delete all the unwanted media or messages once. You just need to do so with a few clicks.
But they are not the all that iMyFone Umate Pro has.Apart from those, it still works as;
- All Data Eraser: Everything will be completely wiped from your iOS device. It is similar to factory reset, but we prefer iMyFone instead of reset. Erased data is 100% unrecoverable. Also your previously deleted data are inclusive.
- iOS Boost-Up: Too much useless files stored will influence the performance of your device. It will help you to 1 click remove as many as 30+ types of junk files. Also the invisible files will be removed.
- Media Transfer: Photos and videos or audio files over 5MB can be transferred to computer in bulk.
- iOS Space Saver: You can delete photos or videos or apps in bulk here. Or you can also losslessly compress photos to save 75% photo storage.
So if you're ready to bring your privacy level up a notch and you want to permanently clear your WhatsApp media, use a tool like iMyFone Umate Pro and get rid of all of that data for good.