Buying a new iPad can be expensive which is why many people choose to look into second-hand iPads. The only problem is that not all iPads are factory reset before they are sold and some of them still have passcodes or in this case, an Apple ID signed in. Without the Apple ID password, you aren’t able to sign out and sign your own account in. Thus, you need to know how to remove Apple ID without password.
- Part 1. Use iTunes to Remove Apple ID from iPad without Password
- Part 2. Use Setting to Remove iCloud Account without Password
- Part 3. Using Recovery Options Reset the Password
- Part 4. Completely Reset iPad without Apple ID Password to Get A Totally New Device
- Part 5. How to Change Apple ID Password into A New One
Part 1. Use iTunes to Remove Apple ID from iPad without Password
Step 1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Your iPad will then sync with iTunes. Once it is synced, click on the device icon on the top of the window.
Step 3. From the menu on the left, click on the “Summary” option.
Step 4. You will now be shown some basic information about your device and some of the backup features. For this method, click on the “Restore iPad” button on the right side.
Step 5. A popup box will then appear to verify the process. Simply click on the “Restore” button to proceed.
Step 6. After a few minutes, your iPad will be completely wiped and the Apple ID will have been removed from the device too.
Please note that your iPad should be first synced to iTunes. Otherwise this method is not applicable.
Part 2. Use Setting to Remove iCloud Account without Password
The following are the steps to remove an iCloud account on your iPhone/iPad.
Step 1. First, open the Settings menu, then open iCloud. Locate the "iCloud option" and click on it. Next, you may be required supply a password. Since you cannot recollect the password you used, just input any digits and click the Done option.
Step 2. You will get a message on your device saying that the details entered by you are wrong. Disregard the warning message and click OK. Next, click Cancel. Navigate back to the main iCloud page and click ‘Account.’ next, remove everything in the description box and click Done.
Step 3. You will be taken to a different iCloud page where you can see ‘Find My iPhone’ has turned off automatically. Good! Now, just scroll down and tap on Delete. You’ll be prompted click on Delete once again.
Once done, the iCloud account will be removed from your iOS device.
Part 3. Using Recovery Options Reset the Password
If you have not forgotten the answers to your security questions for your iCloud account, that means you can reset your iCloud password which will make it easy for you to delete the iCloud account from your device.
If you want to do this, go to iCloud website and click on Forgot Apple ID or password link. You will see the available recovery options for you and you can go ahead with that.
When you reset your password, you can now use it to delete iCloud account from your device.
Part 4. Completely reset the iPad without Apple ID Password to get a totally new device
To completely and permanently erase an iPad without Apple ID password, you can use a iPhone data eraser that called iMyFone Umate Pro. It provides ultimate solutions for erasing and restting iOS devices. With it, you can permanently erase any data that is stored on the iPad, and the erased data is 100% unrecoverable, even professional data recovery tool cannot recover them.
This is also a feature that you should look into using if you are going to be selling an iOS device yourself. Simply factory resetting isn’t enough as your personal data can be recovered.
- Data erased by iMyFone is 100% accessible or recoverable.
- Almost erase all kinds of data: messages, call logs, contacts, photos, videos, safari data etc.
- You can preview & select files before the erasure, so no important data will be erased.
- Files that were deleted previously will also be found out and completely destroyed from iPad.
- Erase chats and attachments from WhatsApp/WeChat/Viber/Kik, and also leftover traces from Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- 1 click to clear up app cache, iTunes cache, photo cache, corrupted files, crash logs and 20+ more junk files for free.
Steps to Erase/Reset iPad without Passcode
Note: For erasing from iPad without Password, firstly, you should make sure that "Find my iPhone" is turned off.
Step 1. Start by making sure that iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser is downloaded and installed on your computer.
Step 2. Launch iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Data Eraser and connect your iPad using a lightning cable.
Step 3. Once the program has loaded up, to completely reset iPhone, please click on the Erase All Data option from the left panel. If you just want to erase some of your iPhone data, then go to other options like "Erase Private Data", "Erase Deleted Data" or "Erase Private Fragments".
Step 4. Tap Erase Now to begin the process.
This is undoubtedly the most effective method for anyone looking to reset idevice without password.
Part 5. How to Change Apple ID Password into a New One
If the Apple ID is your own, save time by recovering your password rather than wiping the device. This prevents you from losing data.
- Go to appleid.apple.com page and sign it with your account.
- Go to Security and tap on Change Password.
- Type your current Apple ID password and enter the new password. Confirm it.
- Tap Change Password to save the setup.