Do you need to jailbreak your iOS 10 or 10.1.1 and don't know how? Jailbreaking will give you the freedom to install third-party apps on your phone and bypass many of Apple's restrictions. This is why it's important to know how to do this, even if just for future reference.
Method 1: Jailbreak iOS 10/10.1.1 with Pangu
The first method that you can use involves Pangu and Safari. Just follow these steps:
(1) Open your phone and go to Safari.
(2) Type the address http://downloadpangu.org into your browser bar and go to this website. This is a site that will allow you to download pangu.
(3) Go to the bottom of the screen, and you should see an icon with an "up" arrow on it. Tap this icon. (If you are on an iPad, it will be at the top of the page instead.)
(4) An options menu will come up. Here, you should tap Add to Home Screen.
(5) A screen with the words "Add to Home" up top will come up. Underneath, you will see the Pangu icon. Rename it to "Pangu" and tap "Add" at the top.
(6) The Pangu icon should now be on your Home Screen. Tap it to get the latest version of Pangu.
Method 2: Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 With Yalu Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Yalu is still in beta so be careful. This is not the most reliable way to jailbreak your phone. You may want to wait until there is a more stable version of Yalu available, or you may want to use another method. Make sure to back up your phone before you do this, as well. Either way, here are the steps:
(1) Download Cydiaimpactor from this address: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/ (and make sure that it's the latest version). Also, download Yalu from here: https://mega.nz/#!tDx3VbjC!S6Tq8RZ52GVW_2Kmo5Rk5vi1Ua2N4gkxwj82nUkvO8w.
(2) Open up Cydia Impactor and launch it on your computer. (On a Mac, you can do this by double-clicking your download of it and dragging that over to the application folder, then clicking to launch it.)
(3) You might get a dialog box that warns you that you downloaded the application from the Internet. Click "Open."
(4) Connect your device to your computer with your USB cable.
(5) Now Cydia Impactor will automatically detect your device.
(6) Drag your Yalu file and drop it into Cydia Impactor.
(7) Since you have to sign the IPA file, Cydia will now ask for your Apple ID and password. Don't worry, only Apple will see this.
(8) If the application installs correctly, you should see an icon on your device called "mach_portal."
(9) You have to do one more thing before you can launch this app: go to your Settings on the device, then tap General, and then go to Profiles & Device Management. You will see your e-mail address there. Tap on it, then tap where it says "Trust."
(10) Now you can go back and launch the app called "mach_portal."
(11) After you tap it, you will see a white screen for about 20 seconds. Don't touch anything! Your phone is going through the jailbreak.
(12) Your phone will now automatically reboot, and when it has finished, you will see Cydia come up on the Home Screen. Your phone should now be jailbroken.
Method 3: Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 using Cydia Impactor
The next method will be similar to method #1, except that we will download Cydia instead. You won't need a computer to use this method, either. Here is what you do:
(1) Go on your phone and launch Safari.
(2) Type http://www.ios9cydia.com/ into the browser bar and go to this website.
(3) As before, go to the bottom of the screen and you should see an icon that looks like a little box with an arrow pointing up. (On your iPad it will be at the top.) Tap that icon.
(4) When your options screen comes up, tap where it says Add to Home Screen.
(5) Rename your download to "Cydia" and tap where it says Add at the top of the screen.
(6) Cydia should now be an app on your Home Screen.
(7) Tap the Cydia icon and you will get the latest jailbreak updates.
Method 4: Jailbreak iOS 10 / 10.1.1 using TaiG
This method is roughly similar to methods #1 and #3 in that you will be using Safari to download the jailbreak software, and you don't need a computer to do this. Simply follow these steps:
(1) Go on your phone and find the Safari icon. Tap it.
(2) In your browser bar, type this address: http://www.taigjailbreak.org/ and navigate to the site.
(3) At the bottom of the screen (or near the top, if you use an iPad), look for the icon that has a little "up" arrow on top of a box. Tap it.
(4) When the new screen comes up, tap Add to Home Screen.
(5) Rename the file that you are downloading to TaiG, then tap Add.
(6) You should now see TaiG on your Home Screen. You can tap it for the latest jailbreak updates.
What Do You Do If You Lose Data While You Jailbreak iOS 10/10.1.1?
Now, what do you do if your iPhone encountered problems during the jailbreak, such as cannot go through the jailbreaking process, or your iPhone stuck in Recovery mode after failed jailbreaking? It is true that a lot of jailbreaks are experimental or in beta, so certain things can go wrong.
Of course, ideally you would have made a backup before you jailbreak your phone and you can try to restore the backup to your device—but we don’t live in an ideal world, and the reality is that lots of people mess with their phones without making backups. Maybe you’re in this situation right now and you want to fix your phone easily and securely.
If that’s the case, then the best way to fix your system is to use a specialized tool like iMyFone iOS System Recover Tool. Even if things seem hopeless and your iPhone is acting really weird, special software like iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool can make everything work again.
Here are some of its important features:
How to Fix iOS Issues That Happened During Jailbreaking?
So how do you use iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool to fix the issues that happened during your jailbreaking. Here are some simple instructions:
(1) Download and install iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool onto your computer from the iMyFone official download center. And then connect your device to your computer.
(2) Open the application, then click the Start button and you will see what the program can do for you. Click Start to begin the fixing process.
(3) Choose the firmware that is appropriate for your device, then click Download.
(4) You will see a progress bar that shows you how much of the firmware is being downloaded.
(5) Now just wait while iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool automatically fixes the problem on your device.
(6) Your device should now automatically reboot.
If this doesn't fix the problem, you might be facing hardware issues and should contact Apple.
You have many different options for jailbreaking your phone, some easier than others. The one thing that you should keep in mind, though, is that these are obviously not official applications, so you will always be taking a risk. If something happens to your device, though, there's no need to worry—just use iMyFone iOS System Recovery Tool and your device will be back in working order.