Have you experienced some issues with your iTunes such as iTunes running slow or iTunes loading slowly on your Windows. This is not just common to windows users alone as Mac users sometimes also experience slow loading on iTunes. Not to worry, this article will be addressing issues that make the iTunes running slowly and how to fix it.
Why Is iTunes so Slow
Outlined below are some of the reason might lead to iTunes running slow on your system:
- Auto-Syncing: By default connecting your device to your system causes it to start a backup process leading to iTunes running slowly.
- Automatic Downloads: Purchased files from your store could begin automatic download when you connect to your system causing iTunes to load slowly.
- Genius: Genius will always be sending out data of your iTunes library to apple and this takes a lot of memory space and causes your iTunes running slow.
- Smart Playlist: The playlists you created are capable of taking memory space and causing iTunes to slow.
- Unnecessary Services: Some services like podcast subscription which run in the background can make iTunes run slowly.
Top 6 Solutions on iTunes Running Slowly
1 Try an iTunes Alternative
iMyFone TunesMate is a platform that is used to manage media files for iOS devices. It is a great tool to move various files between your iPhone, iPad, iTunes, Mac or computer. Issues of iTunes running slow can be sorted with some of the iMyFone TunesMate such as syncing iTunes files without opening iTunes, transfer data without erasing device data, backing up of files to your computer and most importantly it runs faster than the iTunes. It has been highly recommended by many professional webistes, such as Getintopc, Geekreply .
- With the All-Inclusive IOS Manager, the iMyfone TunesMate allows the user to interact with the device just like they do with iTunes.
- The All-Inclusive Manager is a feature of the platform that supports all manner of files and all you have to do is drag them and drop them on the iMyFone TunesMate to transfer without opening iTunes.
- With its One Click Feature, you can sync your data from iTunes to iDevice with the assurance that they won’t be erased from your device unlike when done with the iTunes.
- It also allows you to transfer and backup iDevice files onto your computer with its One-Click Feature.
How to Sync iTunes Media to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without iTunes
The steps to follow in order to sync your iTunes Media to your iDevice without using iTunes. They are:
Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac and launch iMyFone TunesMate.
Step 2: Click on Transfer iTunes Media to iDevice mode.
Step 3: It will scan the entire iTunes library and show them in a list.
Step 4: Check the media files you want to transfer and click on Transfer button to start.
With these steps, you can be sure that you have successfully added your selected media to your iDevice.
2 Disabling Auto-sync
When the iDevice is connected to a computer the device is set to automatic sync, would cause the iTunes running very slow. To prevent this, the device needs to be set disabled from automatically sync and set to manually sync music and video when required. The following process could be applied to disable Auto sync:
Step 1: Connect your device to the computer and select your device.
Step 2: Click the Automatic Sync to disable. For Your iPhone, the option to look out for is “Automatic Sync when the iPhone is connected”
3 Disabling Automatic Download
Automatic download on Apple, another word for automatic storage to iDevice. There is really no need to clog up your system with all your songs, videos and app since these records are automatically kept by apple. This would cause iTunes running slow. To resolve this,
Step 1: Open the iTunes preference panel and select the Store Icon which is located at the top of the page.
Step 2: Deselect for files which you don’t make use of. If you prefer to listen to your own collections of music from your hard drive then leave that box unchecked.
4 Switching off Genius
Running in the background, the genius would frequently update info of your iTunes to apple. This app makes use of resources which could cause iTunes running very slow. The following step could be followed to disable the genius;
Step 1: From the iTunes, click on the menu bar, then “Store” next click on the Genius option.
Step 2: If you have turned it on Click “turn off Genius”.
5 Disabling Smart Playlist
You can always create a smart playlist on your iTunes to your preferred taste and specification. For example, you can have a smart playlist of Top R&B Songs in the world. This playlist is different from the casual playlist as it automatically updates itself and your iTunes library. These updates could be a source of worry as they tend to take memory space thus making iTunes loading slow. To remove a smart playlist all you have to do is:
Step 1: Go to iTunes, find the smart playlist you created.
Step 2: Right-click on the playlist and then scroll down to delete it.
6 Stopping Unnecessary Services
There are usually some programs which are constantly running on your iTunes which you may not find useful. Such Services may include some playback options or podcast subscription you may not be interested in anymore. The programs often updating themselves in the background could eventually cause iTunes running slow. To stop them from syncing or updating, all you have to do is:
Step 1: Visit iTunes, then go to Edit/Preference.
Step 2: Then click on your store.
Step 3: Finally, unselect playback information and sync podcast subscription.