You can also read this guide in Français.
Do you have some old videos recorded on your camera or other iPhone that you want to have on your iPhone? Or maybe you have movies or TV shows that you want put videos from computer to iPhone and watch them anywhere?
If it is in video file format, we got you covered. Here is how to put videos on iPhone and never worry again about transferring whenever you want.
1. How to Put Videos on iPhone without iTunes
Let us begin with iMyFone TunesMate - a reliable iPhone transfer. Files transferring can be quickly done with TunesMate. Its goal is to seamlessly sync iTunes between iOS and PC and give great sense of control to the end users. It can put any kind of files to iPhone, including movies, music, playlists, photos, audiobooks, podcasts, etc.
iMyFone TunesMate wins thousands of loyal users every year and receives lots of positive reviews.
Main Features of TunesMate
- Put Videos without Data Loss - Unlike iTunes, it just put videos on iPhone instead of replacing the existing iPhone videos
- Two-Way Transfer - The transfer is bidirectional, which means you can put videos from computer to iPhone, or vice versa freely (computer/iTunes ↔ iPhone)
- Automatic Converting - It supports to put videos in any format into iPhone. Incompatible videos will be converted to iOS-supported one when putting
- Back up iPhone Videos - Transfer your iPhone videos/music to computer/iTunes/external hard drive/MP4 players, etc.
- Repair Corrupted iTunes Library - No matter what happened to your iTunes library, you can rebuild it easily using TunesMate
Steps to Put Videos from Computer to iPhone
Step 1: Launch TunesMate and connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
Step 2: From the home dashboard, go to Video.
Step 3: Go to “Add”, then “Add File” and navigate to your desired videos.
Step 4: Browse and select your videos. Hit “Open” and videos will be put on your iPhone.
No matter your videos are in which format, TunesMate supports to put to iPhone. Please note that, not all video formats can be played on iPhone. TunesMate will convert the incompatible ones to iPhone-supported formats when transferring. Then transferred videos should be playable on iPhone Video app.
2. How to Add Movies to iPhone Using iTunes
Step 1: Open iTunes on computer.
Step 2: Click on “Music” at the upper left corner on iTunes and choose “Movies”.
Step 3: Go to “File > Add File to Library” to browse and select the movies you want to put on iPhone. Then the movies are in your iTunes library.
Step 4: Connect your iPhone to computer with a cable. Click on the iPhone icon at the upper left corner on iTunes.
Step 5: From the left side bar, choose “Movies.”
Step 6: Check “Sync Movies” and click “all” button to choose the movies that you want to transfer.
Step 7: Once selected, hit “Sync” button to begin. Then the videos will be added to your iPhone.
Now this method is good, but there are definitely flaws.
- There is a double waiting time, as you first need to transfer all videos to your library.
- iTunes does not support all video files formats. Only some video formats are compatible, like MP4.
- Transferred videos will cover the original video library on iPhone.
3. How to Put Videos on iPhone from PC Using iCloud Drive
If you have an iCloud account and free storage (iCloud provides 5GB for free) on it, then you can also add videos to iPhone via your iCloud drive.
Step 1: Go to iCloud.com and login with your account (you can do it via any web browser)
Step 2: Go to “iCloud Drive”. Click on “Upload” button at the top, browse and choose the videos from computer and add them to your iCloud account.
Step 3: On your iPhone, go to “Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive” and turn it on.
Step 4: On your iPhone home page, click on “iCloud Drive” app and you’ll have the same videos available for download.
- You can put videos in any formats. But some videos cannot be played on iPhone. If so, you need to convert your videos before uploading to iCloud.
- Besides, make sure you have the stable network, or it’s easy to upload or download corrupted files, which would create junk files on iPhone.
4. How to Add Videos from Computer to iPhone Using Dropbox
Dropbox works similarly to iCloud. It is a cross-platform cloud app. So in order to add videos to iPhone, you’ll need an Dropbox account first.
Step 1: Create a Dropbox account and sign in from dropbox.com.
Step 2: Drag and drop the videos to the dropbox page.
Step 3: Download Dropbox on your iPhone via the App Store and sign in with the same account.
Step 4: All of your videos will be available for download.
Please note that using Dropbox to put videos on iPhone have the same flaws as the way using iCloud drive. Besides, movies are not downloaded to Videos app on iPhone,you need to go through Dropbox app to access the downloaded videos