What Does "iPhone Is Disabled" Mean?
In general, iPhone is disabled because you've entered the wrong passcode too often. The disabled notification on iPhone would be different according to times of entering wrong passcode.
Here is when the error messages show for the number of wrong guesses:
- When you enter wrong passcode for 6 times, it will says "iPhone is disabled. Try again in 1 minutes"
- When you enter wrong passcode for 7 times, it will says "iPhone is disabled. Try again in 5 minutes"
- When you enter wrong passcode for 8 times, it will says "iPhone is disabled. Try again in 15 minutes"
- When you enter wrong passcode for 9 times, it will says "iPhone is disabled. Try again in 60 minutes"
- When you enter wrong passcode for 10 times, it will says "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes"
"iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes" means your iPhone is permanently disabled, which is the most serious situation. Your iPhone may also be disabled in some strange situation by accident, like after you update your iPhone.
Tip:When the disabled message says "try again in XX minutes", you can wait for it. But if it says "connect to iTunes", you should take action instead of waiting.
How to Connect to iTunes When iPhone Is Disabled
For an iPhone that is disabled, you have to connect the iPhone to iTunes via your computer to access it again. You must have made a back up on that computer and the passcode for the iPhone.
Way 1: Connect Disabled iPhone to Synced iTunes
If you’ve previously synchronized your iPhone with iTunes, you can back up your disabled iPhone and unlock it.
Step 1: Connect your disabled iPhone to the computer you synced with before now.
Step 2: Launch iTunes on your computer. If you are prompt to enter a passcode, use another PC you have synced with before or try the recovery mode.
Step 3: Wait for iTunes to sync your iPhone and create a backup.
Step 4: After completing the syncing and the backing up, click on “Restore iPhone”.
Step 5: Then it’s done, you need to set up your iPhone. On your iPhone, select “Restore from iTunes backup” from the Set Up screen.
Step 6: Choose your iPhone device in iTunes. Check for date and size of each backup and select the most relevant one to you.
Way 2: Connect Disabled iPhone to iTunes in Recovery Mode
You will need to try the recovery mode option if you have never synced with iTunes before. Your data will be lost and its passcode.
Step 1: Connect your iPhone device to your computer and launch iTunes. If you don’t own a computer, you can tell a friend to lend you or visit an Apple Retail store or Authorized Service Provider.
Step 2: After connecting your device, force-restart it:
- For iPhone 8 or later users: press and quickly release your Volume up button. Furthermore, press and quickly release your Volume Down button. After that hold your side button until it takes you the recovery mode screen.
- For those using iPhone 7/7 Plus: press and hold both the Side button and Volume down button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until it takes you the recovery mode screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier model: press and hold the Home button and the Top (or Side) button at the same time. Hold the buttons until you get to the recovery mode screen.
Step 3: When you see the option to either “Restore or Update” your device, pick “Restore”.
For like 15 minutes, iTunes will engage in downloading software for your device. If it exceeds 15 minutes, your device is likely to exceed the recovery mode, and you will have to repeat step one and two.
Step 4: Wait for the complete process, and then you can set up your device for use.
How to Fix Your Disabled iPhone without Connecting to iTunes
If you connect your disabled iPhone to iTunes and iPhone is still stuck at disabled screen, consider using the third-party tool - iMyFone LockWiper is the ultimate remedy for any disabled iPhone. It works for all iOS models and can unlock your device without hassles or running into a hitch.
LockWiper - Your Mighty iPhone Passcode Expert
- Easily and instantly fix iPhone disabled screen without passcode without iTunes
- Gain quick access on your iPhone even when its screen is broken or unresponsive
- Unlock all digits passcode, Face, and Touch IDs without hassles
- Solve all screen lock problem, like iPhone is stuck at recovery mode, white/black screen, Apple logo, etc.
- Support every iOS model and version, including iOS 14 and iPhone 11 series.
How to Resolve Your Disabled iPhone without Connecting to iTunes
Step 1: Be Prepared
Download, install and start iMyFone LockWiper and then click "Start" to start the process. Connect your iPhone to your computer system.
Make sure your device is set to DFU mode: select your device model on the top bar of the application and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Download Firmware Package
Before downloading the package, make sure you have confirmed your device model and detected it automatically by the program or manually change it to the correct model. Then click “Download” to get started.
When firmware has been downloaded, start to verify the firmware with your iPhone.
Step 3: Remove Disabled Screen
Click on "Start Unlock" to start the unlock process.
Go through the notice on the screen carefully and enter "000000" to double confirm an agreement to unlock your device, and then choose “Unlock”.
The lock will be removed from your device within a few minutes.
You may be interested: iMyFone LockWiper Review: Does It Work >>