An iPad gets disabled if the wrong passcode is entered 6 times in a row. If your iPhone is disabled, you cannot use it. The process of unlocking a disabled iPhone involves erasing all the data stored on the device. Most iPhone owners have important data stored on their devices. This means that they would want to learn how to unlock a disabled iPhone without losing data.
3 Steps to Unlock Disabled iPad without Losing Data
Step 1: Make A Backup of Your Disabled iPad
For you to succeed at fixing the iPhone disabled without losing data, you need to create a backup of the data you have on the iOS device. In this step, we will assume that your iOS device can be recognized by the iTunes you have installed on your PC. By “recognized” we mean that you have synced the locked device with the iTunes before. If you have never synced the device before, you cannot back up your disabled iPad.
To create a backup for the disabled iPhone, you need to follow the steps we have outlined below:
- Launch iTunes on your PC and connect the disabled iOS device to the computer using a USB cable.
- When the device appears on iTunes, tap Summary below the device’s icon. Under Backups, select “This Computer” to make sure the backup for your device is created on your computer’s local disk. Click Back Up Now. Wait while the device gets backed up.
Step 2: Remove Passcode from Disabled iPad
After creating a backup, the next step will involve actually removing the device passcode so that you can enjoy using the device again. The easiest way to fix an iPad disabled is by making use of a third-party tool known as iMyFone LockWiper. LockWiper is not limited to unlocking an iPad only. It can unlock all iOS devices including iOS 12.
Features Offered by LockWiper Include:
- Extremely easy to remove passcode from your locked or disabled iPad.
- Every kind of screen locks can be bypassed: Face ID, fingerprint, 4 or 6 digit passcode.
- Successfully unlock disabled iPad/iPhone even for second-hand device.
- Also unlock iCloud account or parental control without requiring any password.
Only A Few Clicks to Unlock Disabled iPad:
1. Launch iMyFone LockWiper on your computer and tap Unlock Screen Passcode. Connect the disabled iPad to your PC using a USB cable.
2. Tap Start to begin. When your device is detected, simply tap Download to get a specific firmware pacakage for your iPad.
3. After downloading, tap Start to Extract.
4. Then, click Start Unlock. Wait while your device gets unlocked.
Step 3: Restore iTunes Backup to Your iPad
As we had mentioned earlier on, removing a passcode involves erasing all the device data. However, you do not have to worry. If you had created a backup for the device, you can restore your backup to your iPhone. To do this, you will need to follow the steps below:
1. After unlocking disabled iPad, you need to complete the setup wizard on your iPad.
2. When you see the “Apps & Data” page, tap Restore from iTunes Backup.
3. Connect your iPad to computer on which you created backup in Step 1. Select the backup from iTunes and it will start to restoring the backup to your iPad.
When you discover that your iPhone has been disabled, you come to the painful realization that none of the things you wanted to accomplish using the device are possible. Removing the passcode often causes data loss since the device has to be erased. This article shows you a better method to get the device back. It shows you how to unlock a disabled iPad without losing data.